For pinklightbulb (and other fellow Aussies)

P.s - I like this thread - we need to keep it going, us Aussies and New Zealanders are few and far between on BnB, we need to stick together :lol:

My thoughts exactly! I've looked for Aussie forums but nothing compares to b&b!

We had a quiet day, I tried to rest when Isaac slept. I bf so I can't take anything for my cold, just lots of hot lemon and honey drinks. I had planned to go to a play group for the first time but didn't think I should go. Ive only got a cold but I didn't think other mums would appreciate me coughing and sneezing near their little ones.

Hope we all feel better soon, colds and flu are so miserable!

Shan, good idea re the bank account. We have one for Isaac, it's linked to our accounts so we just put a bit in each week. I think its important to teach young kids to save!

I'm now curled up on the lounge watching Australia's Got Talent. Isaac has finally gone down for the night, bless him

I'm baaaaack! I have been suffering through OH being home from work for half the week :haha: You can call me Eli, it's a nickame off my real name but I can't give that on here because of some certain people who would flip if they knew where I was :growlmad: and it might be paranoid but she is the sort of bitch who would waste time looking all over the internet for some clue about it so she can harrass me :(
It's gonna be fun here tonight :rolleyes: OH is having a friend over, hope he is well behaved, then again a lot of them are so maybe I won't moan about it just yet. I don't see him when he has friends here, he just disappears into the dungeon downstairs and I am left blissfully peaceful upstairs... :) Actually I can't wait for tonight now hahaha!

My day hasnt been anything exciting.

Bottle, baby led weaning, nap, bottle, baby led weaning lol. Then we took Elleah to the bank and opened up her very own savings account and deposited $30 in it. We are gonna put something in every fortnight and when she is older she can learn to save, buy things with her own money and if she doesnt have enough for something she has to earn it by doing chores and put it in the bank and save till she has enough :D

They gave us a piggy bank for her too so will put all our loose change in it and when its full will put that in her account too :)

Then came home, made dinner and am exhausted - because im still not feeling too well. Have had the flu for about 2 weeks now, just on the tail end of it but its still making me feel lousy. Early night tonight!!

;)

which bank was that? we are going to open up a savings account for jesse and id love a piggy bank with it lol. we are all with commonwealth though lol.

ive got a big day ahead , have a lunch for my step grandmas birthday (i dont like going to those cuz they are all old people who cry everytime i go :wacko: and i sit there feeling stupid that im not crying with them but they love jesse) , i was meant to do the last load of washing before the move today but jesse slept til 9!!!! so im wayyyyy behind on that now. then moving furniture later

My day hasnt been anything exciting.

Bottle, baby led weaning, nap, bottle, baby led weaning lol. Then we took Elleah to the bank and opened up her very own savings account and deposited $30 in it. We are gonna put something in every fortnight and when she is older she can learn to save, buy things with her own money and if she doesnt have enough for something she has to earn it by doing chores and put it in the bank and save till she has enough :D

They gave us a piggy bank for her too so will put all our loose change in it and when its full will put that in her account too :)

Then came home, made dinner and am exhausted - because im still not feeling too well. Have had the flu for about 2 weeks now, just on the tail end of it but its still making me feel lousy. Early night tonight!!

;)

which bank was that? we are going to open up a savings account for jesse and id love a piggy bank with it lol. we are all with commonwealth though lol.

Commonwealth Bank, all our accounts are with them too! Its actually a platypus piggy bank lol....demand one haha

:hi:

I totally meant to start a bank account (well a Kiwsaver account) for Lucy when she was born, but I haven't quite gotten around to getting her a tax number so it hasn't happened yet. I even brought home the forms once, but nope!
Well, once I do start one I'll remember I intended to put $5 a week in there. $$$!

Sunny here but not warm. Well, the house is warming up from the sun but only around 12 outside. Home from work because Lucy's got conjunctivitis.

Oh no i hope Lucy gets well soon, My DD had conjuctivitis when she was really little its not nice. Do you have ointment or drops for it? Also massage helps you just run your finger from the corner of her eye and down the side of her nose, helps clear everything out.

Im not well today, i had the flu 2 weeks ago, a few days before i was getting baptized (last time was the week of my wedding - i always seem to get it just before any big events lol) So was desperately trying to get better, felt ok on the day but ever since have slowly gotten better. Then last night i started feeling really lousy and its 4pm here and have only just got up out of bed today have been in bed sick all day :( I hate being sick when i have so much to do.

DH has been great, looking after Ellie all day but cleaning up as he goes along is never part of it lol, so i got up and the house looks like world war 3. Damn.

She had it when she was 4 months and had just started Daycare. Thanks to Daycare she has it again. :roll: Not as bad this time though. I went to the chemist and got her the same drops she had before. Didn't know I could do that, saved me a Dr trip. She's happy enough, her eyes just look gross.

I like this thread too :hugs: You all seem really lovely

I would like to ask you Girls :flower: One of my worries about moving to Australia are the spiders & snakes

Whist we were there in February we saw a redback in the garage :grr: & since that my DS2 (age 8) doesnt want to move! :dohh:

Im a bit worried about letting the LO's run about outside, but im sure you all do it.....Am I just being paranoid? :shrug:

lol i live on an island covered in bush and have done for 1 year now and in the whole time ive only seen 3 snakes. 2 were on the road but i had a python on my front verandah but they arent dangerous so i just picked it up and moved it lol!!!
as for spiders, i have a HUGE!!!!!! fear of them, so im with u there

I live in the city and never see snakes (they are more scared of us than we are of them) and have seen a redback here and there, just be careful when u move anything etc. But to put it in perspective, i have seen 2 redbacks in about 3 or 4 years. They like to hide behind things in dark places so generally u find them in places like the shed / garage

So yeh u are probably being a bit paranoid :lol: xxx

lol i live on an island covered in bush and have done for 1 year now and in the whole time ive only seen 3 snakes. 2 were on the road but i had a python on my front verandah but they arent dangerous so i just picked it up and moved it lol!!!
as for spiders, i have a HUGE!!!!!! fear of them, so im with u there

So how many dangerous spiders have you come across? :argh:

I live in the city and never see snakes (they are more scared of us than we are of them) and have seen a redback here and there, just be careful when u move anything etc. But to put it in perspective, i have seen 2 redbacks in about 3 or 4 years. They like to hide behind things in dark places so generally u find them in places like the shed / garage

So yeh u are probably being a bit paranoid :lol: xxx

Thanks :hugs: I think because we were only in Australia for 3 weeks & we did see a redback, it made us feel a bit nervy! :shock:

ummmm posionous ones ? a few but they are more in the trees and bushes, so just dont go running through your garden.
as for non poisonous :/ ive seen 2 bird eating spiders, to which i broke down screaming when i saw them :cry: but i live up north

I live about an hour from Sydney in a semi-rural town. I don't think I have ever seen a wild snake, although they have been known to be around from time to time. I've seen plenty of spiders, but thankfully we've always used pest control and never has nasties in the house. As kids we were taught to be cautious, but not afraid. We'd always have to have a grown up check out the sandpit before playing in it etc. Also, having cats and dogs around seems to have helped :)

Bird eating spider? :shock: 8-[

lol im sorry but i just laughed my head off :haha:
yes bird eating spiders, they are the size of ur hand, its horrible, i scream and seriously freak out when i see them. ill post a picture of one later on :shock:
its quite dangerous in north queensland though.i live on an island so we have sharks, crocs (but u dont see them often and u just dont go in the water at dusk, ive only seen 2 ) and then in the summer you cant go in the water without a stinger suit on because of stingers called irukanji, and they are deadly if you get stung. gee im not really selling magnetic island very well am i ? lol. its very rare though for everything

Spiders :wacko: We don't get redbacks down here or anything bad, the worst we get are white-tailed ones. And daddy long legs but I don't think they can hurt you?

lol sorry . i wont then haha. it was pretty ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"