For those debating coming off the pill early..

S

stargirl69

I just thought I'd share my experience. I know everyone is different, but I think it's helpful to read others' experiences.

I was on the pill since I was 16 and came off when I was 27. I was on microgynan then switched to dianette then went back to microgynan for the past few years.

January: Finished pill packet as normal and had usual withdrawal bleed.
February: First real period came (didn't check date but think waited bout 6 weeks)
March: Second real period (didn't check date)
April: Third real period (48 day cycle between March and April)
May: Fourth real period (32 day cycle between April and May)
June: No period this month - ovulated on cd31 so expecting a long cycle and for period to come in July.
July: Fifth real period (39 day cycle between May and July)
August: Sixth real period (35 day cycle between July and August)
September: Seventh real period (52 day cycle between August and September) Took Agnus Castus this cycle - NEVER AGAIN!
October: No period this month - ovulated on cd30 so expecting long cycle and for period to come in November.
November: (40 day cycle between September and November) First cycle trying to conceive.
December : (37 day cycle between November and December) Second cycle trying to conceive.
January: (36 day cycle between December and January) Third cycle triying to conceive.
February: (Would have been a 36 day cycle but conceived this month!) Yay!

Note: I don't have pcos, not overweight, stressed etc.

Hoping my periods regulate themselves soon! I'm glad I came off pill early so my periods have a chance to get back to normal.

Maybe others would like to add their experiences?

Oooh this is such a good idea!

I've been on various pills since the age of 18 (am now 33) without a break, can't remember if I had regular cycles before going on the pill. Came off the pill 6 months early as we're TTC in Dec 09.

My experience is short and sweet so far :D

June 14th - Came off pill!

Will def add to this post as I think it'll be really valuable info.

Thankyou for sharing that with us, it really is very interesting to see how the body tries to regulate itself after the pill! Like you ive been on microgynon since 16 (im 25 now). Im thinking of ttc oct next year. So by my calculations, i should come off my pill April 2010. Just counted my pill packets tho & realised i have enough to last me till feb 2010, so am wondering if i should just say "sod it" & quit the pill then? Its only an extra 2 months! lol! When u get 6 months worth of pills at a time, surely it would be a waste of perfectly good pills when u only need 2? Might as well just not bother ordering anymore?! lol!Im just desperate for anything that seems like progress really! lol!

great post, will be checking back for sure as we are planning on TTC in june next year and was planning on coming off pill (cilest) in december

Iv been on different contraception's since i was 15 and my cycle was settled into 27/28 day cycles with in 3m.

I started the pill when I was 17 and came off at 19 as I didn't want to be taking the pill forever (I also started gaining a lot of weight and wanted to see if it was the pill). My periods didn't come back at all. I went to the doctors after about 3 months and was told it was normal to have irregular periods for about 6 months after coming off the pill. I moved house and doctor and my new doctor took me a bit more seriously (it had been over 6 months by this point) so I had blood tests and a scan in case it was PCOS. They found nothing wrong and my periods eventually returned 18 months later!! I can't remember what pill I was on back then, I think it began with a C, but I am on Microgynon now. With my son I came off the pill in the November and conceived in the January. I am planning to come off it next Jan to start ttc #2 in April xx

Really good thread!
I came off the pill in February, had my withdrawal bleed as expected then my first real period exactly 28 days later. The first few weeks after coming off the pill were awful, came out in loads of spots and was very tired all the time. Took Agnus Castus to try to regulate my hormones (rather than my periods) and it seemed to work. Thought i was really lucky as seemed to go straight back to very regular periods - until this cycle! Didn't ov til cd24, now on cd36! So glad i came off it a while before ttc, would deffo recommend it. Also, now it's out of my system i've got lots more energy and ironically my sex drive has gone through the roof!

Really good thread!
I came off the pill in February, had my withdrawal bleed as expected then my first real period exactly 28 days later. The first few weeks after coming off the pill were awful, came out in loads of spots and was very tired all the time. Took Agnus Castus to try to regulate my hormones (rather than my periods) and it seemed to work. Thought i was really lucky as seemed to go straight back to very regular periods - until this cycle! Didn't ov til cd24, now on cd36! So glad i came off it a while before ttc, would deffo recommend it. Also, now it's out of my system i've got lots more energy and ironically my sex drive has gone through the roof!

Yay! Hope this happens to me as my sex drive has been near non existant on the pill!

I was only on for 2.5ish years but took about 4 cycles (one of which was about 50 days) before they regulated.

I would advice anyone to come off early and use other contraception until they are ready to try.

Good thread idea!

I'd been on Dianette and then Microgynon from age 17 till 26. I came off and started to TTC straight away. My periods were regular as clockwork every 30 days or so from the time I came off and I became pregnant 6 months later.

Incidently, I tried using the Clearlblue fertility monitor and going from my dates I got pregnant when it reconed I wasn't ovulating. So I ain't bothering with it next time.

x

Here's my experience thus far.
August 6 2008 -Stopped taking my BCP, no withdrawl bleed.
December 15 2008 -first real AF (extremely heavy and painful- 5 days)
March 22 2009 -18 day period quite light and no cramps
May 26 2009 -30 something day period again no cramps and lighter than normal

This is a great thread, everyone is different. Went to the doctor for bloods and everything came back clear. And I'll also add I was only on the pill for 4 months, really messed up my system don't think I'll ever go on BC again!

Hey hun
Thanks for thread,
I have been on both of those, decided to come off last month, 1 year till TTC.
Took 30 days for first cycle.
x

I'll share mine so far and keep updating

May 29th - last pill, get period then withdrawal bleed
June 24th - first period, lots of cramp and bad head
July 2nd - some light bleeding again and cramps. Just lasted a few hours - not sure what that was about!

Heres hoping things will follow on in a regular pattern.

Was on the pill April 2005-April 2006! My cycles were getting longer and longer when I quit, but for the last year or so they seem to be on average 35 days, which is good for me! I was always irregular before the pill, I'm happy I ovulate now.

Acupuncture and agnus castus helped regulate them.

Oooh this is such a good idea!

I've been on various pills since the age of 18 (am now 33) without a break, can't remember if I had regular cycles before going on the pill. Came off the pill 6 months early as we're TTC in Dec 09.

My experience is short and sweet so far :D

June 14th - Came off pill!

Will def add to this post as I think it'll be really valuable info.

Ok, just thought I'd add to this now.

18th June - Last pill induced period.

28th & 29th June - OV pains

18th July - First period off the pill, cycle of 30/31 days.

Hi,

Great idea! Thought I would share my experience so far. Went on microgynon aged 16, switched to cerazette about 2 years ago. Stopped taking the pill end of Dec 07.

Jan - First bleed, very light - lasted 4 days. Withdrawal bleed I guess.
Feb - 22 day cycle proper period. Again very light, lasted 3 days.
March - 28 days cycle, very light, 3 days.
April - 24 day cycle, very light, 3 days.
May - 27 day cycle, more of a normal 4/5 day heavier period.
June - 29 day cycle, normal 4/5 days heavier period.
July - Currently on day 29 and no sign of AF yet!

I think overall its not been too bad? Certainly not as heavy or painful as I remember they used to be.

F x

Awesome thread!
I was on microgynan for about 5 years, came off it January this year.
The first few months my cycle was 28, 32, 26, and now for the last three months I have a regular cycle of 28 days! :D
I hope your cycle becomes regular! :D

Fantastic thread!

I was on microgynon for 5-6 years and came off last month. I started my withdrawal bleed on 21st June and so I'm currently CD29. I'm fairly sure I ovulated as I had a pos opk on CD14. Now I'm just waiting for BFP or af!

Great thread! I am still on the pill (Waiting to TTC next year) so it's really helpful to read all your experiences and know what I might be in for when the time is right!

I keep looking back at this thread for more info hehe I finish my pill in just a couple more weeks yay, can't wait to start charting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->