For those debating coming off the pill early..

I'm considering coming off early but without wanting to sound too vain, did anyone else get really spotty? I had quite bad acne which seems to be better controlled now i'm on the pill, although admittedly teenage hormones probably didn't help, i may have grown out of it!!!

I'mgetting bad spots, probably worse than I did as a teenager. It is beginning to depress me if I'm honest :cry:

I'm considering coming off early but without wanting to sound too vain, did anyone else get really spotty? I had quite bad acne which seems to be better controlled now i'm on the pill, although admittedly teenage hormones probably didn't help, i may have grown out of it!!!

I'mgetting bad spots, probably worse than I did as a teenager. It is beginning to depress me if I'm honest :cry:

Me 2!!! Only since coming off the pill though. :( (6month-ish ago)

xxx

Ah thats super rubbish. I'll start preparing myself for the worst in terms of spottyness then!! x

Thanks for this thread :thumbup:

I have been on dianette for 10 years with no break due to acne.

Stopped pill - 2nd Jan 09
withdrawel bleed - 7th Jan 09

Just a quick question - Do i count days when i finish WB to when i come on again? and that is my cycle?

Hi

I am in the same position, I stopped dianette (have been on for acne for 10 years) in Nov and had my false AF as normal, but nothing since :growlmad: I know it is early days but am worried! My spots came back with a vengeance for the first month, but now they have settled and I am having more than with the dianette but it isn't too bad, except they have come on my neck and never ever did before!!

Just thought I'd update people; I came off microgynon mid def and have had a 26 day cycle with a 9 day Luetal phase - so good and bad news!

Just stopped microgynon. Have just finished my false AF. Can anyone confirm that when I get my next AF it will mean I have ovulated naturally, even if the cycle is irregular.

From what I understand yes when you next have a period it will mean you have ovulated as you cannot ovulate and then not have a period (unless pregnant) but you might not ovulate any time soon dependent on your body.

Keep an eye on cm, and I'd throughly recommend some cheap OPK's to help you identify if/when you ovulate. Good luck!

i came of the Pill and had my "fake" period on the 17th november. OV'd 12th December and had AF on the 25th December making my Cycle 38 days.

This month i have had a +OPK so will ovulate around 18/19th making me OV'ing at the same time as last cycle. If LP stays the same (12 days) then i will be due a visit around 1st Feb meaning i will be the same as last month. hope it stays regulated to 38 or less.

Hi, thought I'd share my experiences too as I was quite interested in this myself not so long ago.

A good friend of mine took about 8-9 months of TTC last year after coming off the pill and had very irregular periods too, so DH and I were prepared for a long wait when I decided to come off myself last November. I had been on Microgynon for about 8-10 years (can't even remember how long exactly), and was 31 when I came off it. I had my first real period 12th December and the plan was that we would start TTC in January after I had an idea of my cycle lenghts, though we weren't bothering with contraception in the meanwhile either:rolleyes:.

I thought I came on for my second period 28 days later (9th Jan), though it was very light (more like spotting really) and only lasted for about 1.5 days, but after reading on the TTC forum about implantation bleeding I thought I'd do a test on 14th Jan, just in case, to confirm I wasn't pregnant already. And to my great surprise I got a :bfp:!!!

So I guess what I wanted to say was that though it's good to prepare for a wait, it can happen very quickly after the pill tooO:).

Hi, I thought i'd share my experience of coming off the pill too.
I came off microgynon 30 at the end of June, I had my bleed from June 29th-July 3rd. I then OV'd on July 10th, and had a 23 day cycle. My cycle after that was 57 days! No sign of ovulation during that time, so i'm pretty convinced that I didnt ov at all. Cycles since then have been 35 days, 38 days, and 34 days.
I havnt had too many symptoms since coming off the pill, maybe a few more spots here and there? Nothing extreme.
As far as I know, its much easier to get pregnant in your first natural cycle than waiting a few months!
Thats about it for my experience :)
xx

It's really interesting to hear other people's experiences since stopping the pill. I started taking Microgynon 7 years ago as I had really irregular, heavy periods and bad pain (sorry if TMI). So I was worried when I stopped taking it 7 months a go.

Since then, I've had a regular periods with no pain. Every 3 weeks but at least it was regular! However, in the last couple of months, the timing has started getting a bit crazy and was quite uncomfortable last month. Good job I stopped pill a good 12 months before TTC as I get take a while to get back to "normal".

I wish I had stopped the pill sooner in hindsight! I am now armed with some Clean and Clear Advanced to battle these spots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->