For those debating coming off the pill early..

i had been on the pill for approx 2 years and i came off the pill last year and fell pregnant within a week. so its not all bad girls!

Did anyone use NuvaRing?

I took mine out the last week of September and didn't replace it. I'm on day 35 of my cycle with no AF so far and didn't know if this is typical. It's driving me nuts. I'm getting all the symptoms for the past week and a half--headaches, acne, really bad cramps, fatigue, cravings--but still no AF! I just want it to get here! :nope:

I've been on the pill since I was 16, and I'm 24 now.I being on it tbh..I just find the whole idea of what it does really disturbing! Having said that it does give you control of course! I think I am going to come off it about April next year and see what happens...can hardly remember what my cycles were like before so i want to find out !

AF finally arrived on day 39!

I hope this isn't going to be the pattern for my cycles. Hopefully it will shorten up a little bit now that my body is back into gear. I'm back to temping and I bought a whole pack of OPKs so I can definitely pinpoint ovulation.

Keeping you updated on my situation, came off BCP in early July, still no AF, docs have sent me for bloodwork (I had my bloods taken today) to check my hormone levels to see what is going on

Fingers crossed its all ok!

Will keep you all updated :happydance:

Ive only had one in 5 years... i had one and then fell pregnant that month and ive had only 1 since Tabitha was born :cry: I'm totally screwed when i TTC

Thanks Stargirl. I shall pop in the first update. Irregular = not fun.
1st cycle- O around day 20. 32 day cycle.
2nd cycle- (with EPO) May have O'd day 17, spotting day 28 on. 30 day cycle.
3rd cycle- May have O'd around day 18, spotting day 31 on. 33 day cycle.
4th cycle- Thought I had O'd day 16, actually O'd between CD21 and CD25 after 2 BFNs and working it out. 37 day cycle.

Looking at O symptoms on 4th cycle, unconvinced my body managed it on 2nd and 3rd cycles. Now temping to see what is going on this cycle. CD17 and I think O isn't far off.

Thank you, i found this thread very useful :)

I was wondering, because i take Microgynon also, did you get any symptoms when you stopped taking the pill?..As im thinking of stopping it after my 21st birthday in June..I was on Yasmin but then switched to Microgynon as my periods we're irregular and now their no better lol ive been taking the pill since i was 17 :D

Yes when I came off I got strange symptoms like sore boobs, headaches, dizziness, and generally felt strange. I actually thought I might be pregnant as had those symptoms and obviously no af, but it was just hormones adjusting to not being on pill.

Thanks for this thread :thumbup:

I have been on dianette for 10 years with no break due to acne.

Stopped pill - 2nd Jan 09
withdrawel bleed - 7th Jan 09

Just a quick question - Do i count days when i finish WB to when i come on again? and that is my cycle?

Hi girls, i'm currently ttc, came off microgynon mid Dec 09. I am pretty sure I ov'd last week, i'm not temping but used opk's, had bad ov pain and monitored cm. So fingers crossed af arrives on time OR I get a BFP. Think the former is more likley!

I had bad mood swings and felt really tired coming off the pill. Hasn't impacted my weight.

Just a quick question - Do i count days when i finish WB to when i come on again? and that is my cycle?

Your cycle is the first day of you last period to the day before you start to bleed again. So your CD1 is 7th Jan.

Count CD1 from first day of withdrawl bleed.

Also EightiesBird, I had lots of pregnancy symptoms first cycle and again last cycle when I seemingly suffered a hormonal overload as my body has been getting into the swing of things.

It really plays with you because coming off the pill gives you all the pregnancy symptoms - don't be fooled!

Hi girls,
Thought I would add my experiences - please forgive the lack accurate dates as it was a while ago now.

Sept 08 - went to Dr's as was having funny turns Got taken off Cilest and put onto Cerazette (had told the Dr that we had planned on TTC in the New Year and he said that the POP would come out of my system quicker when I came off it)

Oct and November (utter Hell with the Cerazette|)- so decided to come off the pill.

8th November, stopped pill.
11th November - WB which lasted 12 days!!!!
18th December - 1st real period in 7 years!!
15th January - 2nd period (got loads of PG symptoms and as we had been NTNP we were very disappointed with the BFN we got the day before it arrived)
14th February - BFP!! :happydance:

Now that Earl is here, I put myself on the pill 6 weeks after he arrived (din't wait for my period to arrive. 3 weeks later got breakthrough bleeding and an 8 day period followed! :dohh:) Now I'm just hoping that this pack will settle it all down.

Hi all! wanted to share my experience with you all in case it might help someone out there!

Got off the pill 3 months ago after cleared it with DH.

Thought i *might* be pg on CD30 of my first cycle post BCP but kept getting BFN so I was really disappointed. I never thought i would be one to 'symptom spot' especially since we werent TTC. AF finally decided to show on Dec 7, making for a 35 day cycle.

This month I thought we really might have had an 'oopsie' because I swear I felt ovulation cramps on CD15 and we had sex the next day. but no, I stupidly tested again on CD30 and AF showed 2 days later. 2nd cycle off BCP=31 days.

Hopefully I am working into a normal, 28 day cycle O-ing on CD14 so I dont ever have to get serious about charting!

Ideally we want to get pregnant in june, july, or august because I really need to work at least one more school year. If it happened now, it would not be perfect, but I would take my 6 weeks and finish out the school year. So either way it would be ok:)

I'm considering coming off early but without wanting to sound too vain, did anyone else get really spotty? I had quite bad acne which seems to be better controlled now i'm on the pill, although admittedly teenage hormones probably didn't help, i may have grown out of it!!!

Great thread.

I've been on the pill since I was 15... I'm now 24, have decided to come off the pill and am experiencing irregular periods! Hoping they regulate soon!

It really plays with you because coming off the pill gives you all the pregnancy symptoms - don't be fooled!

Yep... gave me and the OH a fright! But glad to know it's not just me... OH is convinced I'm pregnant though but got a BFN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->