For those debating coming off the pill early..

i was on various types on contraception since i was 15. (diff types of pill and the implant) I stopped taking my pill 4 months ago. Had 23 day cycles twice and then a 30 day cycle. I am now on CD 25 of this month. I know i OV around CD12/13 as i feel it lol. I know period is coming though lol - am terribly moody! I think every body is different. I am not TTC until May next year but i wanted to give my body enough time to regulate and also so i know my cycles inside out so when we do TTC i know the important days :)

hey :) i thought i would share my experience too as everyone else is hehe, i've been on the pill (microgynon) since i was 14, i'm now 17 -
6th Sept - took last pill (9 days left of pills)
10th Sept - Withdrawal bleed
14th Sept - Withdrawal bleed finished
15th Sept - Brown discharge (TMI lol but guessing side effect from coming off pill as never had this before)
will keep you posted :) hopefully my cycles will be regular.

Quick update on me:
Came off Yasmin (after 10 years of BCP) on Aug 12th,
Withdrawl bleed on from 15th, had spotting for quite a few days after,
Pretty sure I O'd on CD19 or CD20,
Now CD 31 and just waiting and waiting... I know AF isn't far off as random cramps, extra greasy, and just a 'feeling'. But I started extra taking vitamin B so not sure if I've prolonged the cycle?
Been a rough month or so with symptoms. ARGH.

I was on various contraceptive pills for the last 3.5 years. Inc: Cilest, Dianette and most recently, Yasmin.

25/07/09 - Came off the pill.
31/07/09 - Withdrawral bleed
31/08/09 - First 'Real' Period (Clock work or what?)
17/09/09 - I am due to ovulate. (I'm not temping or anything as Im not TTC, so I dont know whether I actually will.)

My periods were always 30/31 days long before I was on the pill, so the seem to have settled into a routine pretty quickly. Quite lucky really, as it takes some ladies a fair while. I shall keep you updated though.

Good luck to anyone else coming of the pill.

xxx

my update!

Last pill - August 6th
Withdrawal Bleed - August 10th
Cycle 1 - 25 days, Ovulated on CD13, luteal phase 12 days
Cycle 2 - 27 days, Ovulation on CD 14, luteal phase 13 days
Cycle 3 - Currently on CD 22, Ovulation on CD 16, currently 6 DPO

I started microgynon at 14, as soon as my periods started as they said it would help with pain. Because I took it to aid the pain, I had to change every 8-12 months, because my body would get too used to it. I started on microgynon, switched to a few others, went back to the microgynon and got pregnant after roughly 4 months of taking it, just after my 17th birthday.

I stopped the pill last feb, and according to my calendar,this was my cycle;

Feb - March - 37 days
March - April - 27 days
April - May - 29 days
May - June - pregnant, m/c
June - July - 30 days
July - August - 29 days
August - Sept - 3 days(!!)
August - Sept - 27 days
Sept - Oct - on CD 25 as we speak

As you can see, I had one period nearly straight after the other 6 months after I stopped!! I went to docs in a panic, they said this was normal and was just my body flushing out hormones. Also if you are on a progesterone only pill, you can lose a fair bit of weight after you stop, as there is less progesterone in your system being made naturally, so there's a big influx of oestrogen. The oestrogen clings to fat, and then basially you wee out the fatty oestrogen!! Lovely!!

We are going to use BBT as contraception as I don't want to screw with my cycles anymore. Also, when I was on the pilll I had to spend two days of my period on total bedrest, as I couldn't even bend over with the pain, but now, although they are painful, I have actually found they are 100x better. I take paracetamol for 2 days, but they are manageable, I can still work for example.

this is a fabulous thread! thanks for sharing ladies as I am currently wanting to get off BCP to TTC in June..

Hey, this is a great thread! I just got off BC about a month ago so it will be good to keep track of everything.

Info: I was on the NuvaRing for over three years.

Sept 27th: Removed NuvaRing
Sept 30th: Withdrawl bleed (AF) begins
Oct 4th: AF ends

Now I'm just playing the waiting game. I tried to figure out when I ovulated by temping and sporadically using OPKs but wasn't really successful. I think once my first cyle is done I'll have a better understanding of it.

I'm feeling really crampy and bloated the past two days so hopefully AF will be here soon so I can figure this cycle out! I'm hoping I'm pretty regular by the time January rolls around! :thumbup:

I've been very lucky with BC. I have been on and off it for a few years and every time I come off it I have a withdrawal bleed then my periods go back to 27/28 day cycles straight away.

Ooh there are some horror stories on here about the evils of BCP, i can't wait to came off it in January

Oooo I'm sharing too.. I started the pill young, I was 16 and am 21 now so thats 5 years :D When I first went onto it the only side effect I experienced was lactating false milk.. (gross I know) I went on them due to irregular periods/bad pains.

Now this year on July 15th (roughly) I came off Microgynon 30..

Had withdrawl bleed.

Nothing since.... :*( I am charting my temp and I seem to go up and down. Bah humbug.

I LOVE THIS THREAD THANKS LADIES!!!

SO NICE TO KNOW ITS NOT JUST ME

I also came off microgan A YEAR AGO!!! After being on it from age 13 - 24.

It took 10 months for me to have a period!! we were tcc but nothing happended.

then - AF showed her face

Nothing from sept 2008 until june 09

random spotting in june
1 week spotting and perod july
aug 3 weeks period!

Sept spotting two days - AF one for day only!!?!?!?

Im doing ovulation test's but no joy as yet :-(

Is there any thing else i can do????????

i would def reccommed coming off the pill now if your waiting to concieve and using condoms, it takes a long time for your cycle to come back!

Bucket posted something about sleep cycles?

I'm now cycle 3 post pill. 1st was 31 days (AF exactly when I thought and very painful), 2nd was 30 days, but had cramps from day 25 and spotting from CD27, so different again. O wasn't as obvious either as a bit of EWCM on CD14 and 18, with it being shiny in between. Serves me right for trying EPO and extra Vits on top of preconception ones.

well i came off BC after 2 months last year so it was in November had weird period took depo shot in January bleed throughout January- beginning of April really heavy bleeding to the depo. then had spotting until July 9th. Had major bleeding for 3 days starting on September 15 then had a normal AF on the 16 of October

Microgynon took me a long time to come back from, 1 year for regulating cycles. Cerezette was better, no periods on it, however within 3 days off it always a bleed and then back to regular cycles.

Not so sure how the implant will fair..guess will see in 3 years!! Been on and off birth control since I was 11(precocious puberty, pill following hormone treatment), 13 years of it..cant wait to get off the stuff!!

if in doubt just come off earlier :)

Everyone's different, and if a woman wasn't regular before the pill, it's highly likely they won't be after.

if in doubt just come off earlier :)

Everyone's different, and if a woman wasn't regular before the pill, it's highly likely they won't be after.

I agree, I was very irregular before going on the BCP, now I am off and I still (4 months down the line) have had nothing, my doctor is sending me for bloods to check my hormones just incase but now I wonder if taking them was hiding something underlying like pcos...

:shrug: We shall seeeee! Maybe I'm just odd!

That's weird because I know for my mother, she conceived my older sister very easily, and then waited three years to ttc for me. When she tried again she had a harder time, and the doctor told her to go on the pill for a couple of years and come off of it. She conceived me almost right away after that. Maybe the pills are different since the early 1980s?

I came off Brevinor in April, had a 35 day withdrawal cycle, then first real period at the end of May... and fell pregnant on the cycle afterwards :) I was very lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->