For those who use jars...

I don't even know what a turkey twizzler is :rofl:

Check Google images Vickie....they are RANK looking!! :lol:

:shrug: I don't think it's hard to find time when you only have one kid, take them in the kitchen and give them a wooden spoon to play with?

I agree with Toria.

I might sound harsh but I dont buy the whole 'who would watch the baby while I cook'. I have an OH but he's not here when I cook. Dont you have a high chair she can sit in and watch you? Give her some crayons or spoon etc on her tray. Or get a play pen? Hevz has 4 kids, 1 toddler and a 4 month old baby and she cooks EVERYTHING from scratch.

I'm off back to work in 2 and a bit weeks and I'll still fine the time :shrug:

I do think it depends on the sort of baby you have got tho hun :blush:
At the moment I seriously couldn't cook while Alfie was awake unless someone was there to help me. Yes he will sit in his high chair but he seems to have a very short attention span and will only be happy for 10 mins max. Jumperoo is up to 30 mins and then I can whizz up steamed fruit n what not but still wouldn't have time to do a proper dinner like cottage pie.

He will also only nap in day if he is moving, so that is either out for a walk or me rocking him in his bouncer.

Whereas best bud has a baby who you deffo could cook with, as long as she is fed and watered and has some kind of activity to do she is happy for ages.

I use about 80% home cooked and 20% jars for when I am out n about or forget to get stuff out the freezer.

A turkey twizzler looks disgusting. :rofl: is there a batter on it? wtf is it.

I pictured like turkey pepperoni stick in my mind. I shouldn't have googled :rofl:

Lol I just looked too...looks like a spiral sausage. Doesn't look very appetizing haha

No its like processed turkey in a twizzly shape with a flavoured coating, not batter or anything, the coating is like a BBQ kind of flavour, weird to describe but thats as close i can think of :lol:

I do homecooked food for Ellie. If we are going out and about for the day then normally make her a sarnie or give her a jar she doesnt really like them that much though. I just figured if i dont think they taste that nice then she probably wont. I dont think you should feel bad about the way you choice to feed your baby. They are made for babies after all. Ellie loves a curry i make a curry and i mash hers up in abit of mashed spud.

Another reason I give Leo jars is i cant cook. i dont feel bad because he is getting a good variety atm on the jars. Im only 19 and ive just moved into my own house on my own... so up until now ive never had to cook for myself never mind a baby!
Howeverrr! Im teaching myself to cook right now and so far im doing well but only cooking for myself. Ive just bought a food blender too so ive been blending up some fruit and veg for leo. but im still using jars too as hes getting a bit more variety with them.

But Im getting there and when i feel confident enough to cook for Leo i will. But atm im doing what works for me and Leo and I dont feel bad for how I feed my son. Yes hes formula fed and eats jarred food... shoot me now!! :rofl:

My son is thriving and putting on perfect weight and im proud of that and everybody should be no matter how they feed their child x

Another reason I give Leo jars is i cant cook. i dont feel bad because he is getting a good variety atm on the jars. Im only 19 and ive just moved into my own house on my own... so up until now ive never had to cook for myself never mind a baby!
Howeverrr! Im teaching myself to cook right now and so far im doing well but only cooking for myself. Ive just bought a food blender too so ive been blending up some fruit and veg for leo. but im still using jars too as hes getting a bit more variety with them.

But Im getting there and when i feel confident enough to cook for Leo i will. But atm im doing what works for me and Leo and I dont feel bad for how I feed my son. Yes hes formula fed and eats jarred food... shoot me now!! :rofl:

My son is thriving and putting on perfect weight and im proud of that and everybody should be no matter how they feed their child x

Me too, I'm a terrible cook, not long moved into a house all by myself as well. I barely cook decent meals for myself lol

most of Hannah's stuff I just throw into a pan together and hope she likes it :blush: :rofl:

The government love to tell us we are all obese and crap parents at the min. nanny state...

turkey twizzlers are rank. i didnt realise they were taken off the market.

turkey twizzlers are rank. i didnt realise they were taken off the market.

I agree i thought they tasted awful. Im always abit dubious about eating reformed meat though im always unlucky and find abit of grissle which is probably abit of beak or something lol. So gross.

Ive recently gone veggie... no idea what im going to feed Meadow when the time comes.

I agree i thought they tasted awful. Im always abit dubious about eating reformed meat though im always unlucky and find abit of grissle which is probably abit of beak or something lol. So gross.

I think most people would be if they saw the process of making it. Stomach churning. :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->