Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

Love all the positive stories they give me hope, I'm 37 and have been trying for almost 3 years not but have had other issues, I've just had an IUI a few days ago and now in the 2 ww.

I'm nearly 42 and have a 10 week old baby boy with Down's Syndrome (our first child), conceived after 14 months of TTC (got successful after switching to every other day method and it probably took a while for the Pill to get out of my system). We are currently trying for number 2. The risk of Down's Syndrome is higher the older you get, so that's why we've started trying again straight away to hopefully not have the same issues with our second baby. Good luck to you getting lucky fairly soon :)

There are some fab stories here, as you say its good to hear positive ones to keep the pma up.

I fell pregnant with our first when I was 35, after only 1 month of trying and fell pregnant with our second at 38 after only 2 months of trying. Unfortuinately we lost that one at 10 weeks, but are busy trying again and really hoping for a bfp by Christmas. Really want to pregnant before i reach the due date of the one we lost!

I have a few freinds who are 38/39 who have fallen pregnant quite quickly - despite what you hear it doesn't always take forever! x

This is very insirping. Thanks for that.

I didn't get married until I was 35 and we didn't want to try right away. We finally felt we were ready about a year after our marriage and got pregnant on the 3rd month of trying. I got my BFP just before I turned 36. I have no doubt that if we actually wanted a second child a few years from now that I would be able to conceive naturally.

I'm 43 and have a son of 18 and a daughter of 15 months! I'm also 8 weeks pregnant! I had no trouble conceiving any of my children, although I have had several miscarriages. Good luck, you're still a spring chicken!
:dust:

Oh My God, I love hearing ALL these inspiring success stories, its really Lifted me up in my spirits reading them all, Its almost like Im on :cloud9: lol, wow hellbaby btw, im soo envious, If i managed to fall pregnant soon, I will want at least one more afterwards with my hubby now, so Ive got two close in age together like you, ive just turned 44 tho, but we are very close in ages tho:thumbup: Baby Dust to ALL of us

:dust::dust::dust::dust:
And some :hug: too xxxx

This is a great idea for a forum!

I am 38 years old and I got pregnant quickly after coming off the pill - I had been on the pill for 17 years! Unfortunately I miscarried, but we just started trying again and I am currently 6 DPO. Fingers crossed!

The mother of my Godson got pregnant easily at 38, miscarried early and got pregnant again 2 months later and now has a beautiful boy. I hope I am as fortunate as she is!

Good luck to everyone!! :thumbup:

I hope you are too :flower: Thanks for the update!

There are some fab stories here, as you say its good to hear positive ones to keep the pma up.

I fell pregnant with our first when I was 35, after only 1 month of trying and fell pregnant with our second at 38 after only 2 months of trying. Unfortuinately we lost that one at 10 weeks, but are busy trying again and really hoping for a bfp by Christmas. Really want to pregnant before i reach the due date of the one we lost!

I have a few freinds who are 38/39 who have fallen pregnant quite quickly - despite what you hear it doesn't always take forever! x

I wish you a BFP too. Good Luck!!!

I'm 43 and have a son of 18 and a daughter of 15 months! I'm also 8 weeks pregnant! I had no trouble conceiving any of my children, although I have had several miscarriages. Good luck, you're still a spring chicken!

hellbaby...you made me laugh! I like the spring chicken comment. Thanks! I kinda still feel like one too.

Oh My God, I love hearing ALL these inspiring success stories, its really Lifted me up in my spirits reading them all, Its almost like Im on :cloud9: lol, wow hellbaby btw, im soo envious, If i managed to fall pregnant soon, I will want at least one more afterwards with my hubby now, so Ive got two close in age together like you, ive just turned 44 tho, but we are very close in ages tho:thumbup: Baby Dust to ALL of us

Hi Janie66 - Love your quote by the way. Its something we all need to do. Its great to hear everyones wonderful news. I am glad its picked up your spirits as well. Best of luck to you!

I'll be 44 when this baby is born xx

hellbaby...you made me laugh! I like the spring chicken comment. Thanks! I kinda still feel like one too.

Well you are! When I started ttc I really worried about my age but it really hasn't been an issue. My midwife told me yesterday that she sees loads of women my age AND older, and the only (borderline) negative comment I've had from a health professional was from my doc at my post natal check when he assumed that Bella was my last child. She still wakes up 2 or 3 times a night but I can honestly say I haven't felt any more tired than I did with my son. (Struggling a bit now I'm pregnant tho :haha:). I think far too much is made of us geriatric mums!!
:dust: to everyone xx

I am 38 yrs old and we conceived Emily after one year of trying , I had also had a tubal ligation reversal in 2008. We are currently TTC again :thumbup:

Hi my boy is now 20mnths I am 37 and trying for my second. It took 7 months on my first and I was worried I wasnt ovulating and there were serious problems, there was nothing wrong other than the fact that I didnt ovulate at a regular time every month so I kept missing. I am now on 8mnths trying with this one and am in my tww. I love it evertime I hear a BFP as it gives me hope that it could be me its the best thing I have ever done and I admire the lady who has 9kids. All the best to you Destiny, sending you lots of baby dust and happiness xxx

Hiya:hi:

I just turned 40 in October and have four kids between 3 and 10 years old.
We never used any form of contraception throughout but did BF for over a year with all of my kids, so that might explain the regular 2 year gaps!!!

We were actively TTC since May 2007 when my youngest was born and had a MMC in October 2009. It took that long again I think due to BFing.

I recently went private due to unexplained secondary infertility and was given low dose (25mg) clomid. To my complete shock it worked the first cycle and I got my BFP in the same week I had my MMC a year ago.:thumbup:

I think my 'old' body just needed a wake up call!!!:haha:

Still petrified after my MMC, but I am very much a Que Sera Sera person....:coffee:

I good friend of mine is currently 28 weeks pregnant with her sixth baby at 42 after suffering 2 late miscarriages between the fifth child and this pregnancy:thumbup:

So....keep holding on....it WILL happen!:hugs:

I am 42 and pregnant with a surprise baby. I literally had sex ONE TIME in about a year (I am single) and it happened. So, don't give up ladies!

Also, my ex husband's grandmother was born when HER mom was 45! This was in 1922!

I hope this post offers some good news........ My fiancée and I are both 40 (he's nine days older...lol) and we conceived on the first try. I am very regular (you can set a clock to my cycle); based on my ovulation chart we identified that I would ovulate between the 17-20 of September so we just we for it. I feel very blessed with my sticky bean and I wish you all success in your efforts. Be blessed!!!!

I love dipping into this thread and reading all the success stories, it keeps my hopes up that it will happen for me soon. Thanks everyone!:thumbup:

i'll be 40 on Dec 2nd and I'm 30 weeks pregnant, got my BFP after just 2 months of trying.
i wanted to also say that not only did i get pregnant easily but i've enjoyed a symptom-free pregnancy and my down's test was really good (1:1,800).
met a couple this weekend, she's 48 and just had a beautiful and healthy baby girl, she found out she was pregnant at 5 months (thought she was going through menopause), she was feeling so well that she actually run a half marathon when she must have been 3 months and was in training to run another one when she found out she was actually pregnant.
i did fertility yoga before we started trying which helped me keep very positive about my healthy body, there's a lot of meditation involved too and that helped me to keep quite relaxed and chilled.

Fantastic forum this and I hope it gives each and everyone of you on here some hope and PMA for the future.

I'm 35 and we're trying for our first after losing our angel in July this year. I'm currently in the 2WW and due to test on 21st Nov and praying for a :bfp: We are on Clomid this cycle as I have PCOS and very irregular cycles which mean I tend not to ovulate, so our little angel we conceived in June was a bit of a miracle.

Keep up the hope ladies, and positive vibes for you all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"