• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

I'm 40 and currently 17+6 weeks pregnant!

Met DH when I was 36 - married him when I was 38 - started trying straight away. Nothing happened for 6 months - GP referred for blood tests -first one showed progesterone high - but they just said that was good as I was ovulating - turned out I was pregnant - sadly had a missed miscarriage - ERPC in March. First cycle after AF was pregnant again, but sadly had another miscarriage. Stopped trying while waiting for blood test results - had appointment in August - found out 3 days before appontment that I was pregnant! Blood tests showed high natural killer cells & prothrombin gene mutation - which both probably contributed to miscarriages so was put on steroids, progesterone, heparin & aspirin straight away - and fingers crossed here we are now :)

Just did a digi clearblue test and it states im 1-2 weeks PREGNANT!

Haven't told my OH yet till he gets home from work! Im finding it hard to keep to myself so your my only outlet at the mo!

Just wanted to say I've only been using the CBFM for 2 months and it happened for me and Im 38 with 2 kids 11 and 15!

DO NOT give up hope.

I HIGHLEY recommend using the Sasmar conceive plus. It claims to enhance sperm quality and mobility. Certainly worked for us. We were trying for 3 months, 1st month with just OPK's second and third with CBFM.

Did a cheapy preg test from amazon this morning absolutely nothing! so thought maybe I'm ovulating cos I've got pains so did an OPK from set I've got from asda, put it to one side and thought stuff this and got out my first resonce 6 days early test and there in front of me as a faint line! Later on looked at my OPK and it said positive. Looked on net and it states that if your preg you can get a positive OPK result if your pregnant, I never knew that!!

My CBFM stated highs from day 8 and Im on day 21 and still on highs but used an old stick from day 18. I had no peak girls so dont worry about that like I certainly did.

Good luck and lots of Baby Dust to you all!! xxxxxx

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20716;29/st/20110729/dt/-6/k/d238/preg.png

Fantastic news congratulations! Bet you can't wait til OH gets home! This is our first month using Conceive Plus, lets hope it works for us too! O:)

Hello :)
I would love to have a forum for pregnant women who are over 35. I feel lonely :( Some of the things we have to consider are different for those that are younger and it would be so nice to share pregnancies with people who are this age and above. It would also mean that others who are ttc could come on over and chat to those and read about nice positive stories! Please can we have a forum for pregnant women over 35?

As for my story, i conceived my dd at 38 after 18years on the pill [ right away] had her at 39. Fell pregnant with my ds at 39 after just 1 month ttc and had him at 40. I had a chemical pregnancy way back in June or thereabouts but went on 3 months later [5 mnths in total] to concieve this baby. I am currently 12wks and 4 days and having my scan in a couple of wks [ the hospital are so slow] . xx
Goodluck to all of you who are ttc 35+ xxxx

Oh and i just turned 43!

I am finding this thread so inspiring :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I am much more positive since it too, seriously i am... I have even got of my backside and joined slimming world, Im sorting out my weight, and im trying to not over stress about TTC too, thanks girls for all the positive messges on this thread, great stuff xxxx

Just did a digi clearblue test and it states im 1-2 weeks PREGNANT!

Haven't told my OH yet till he gets home from work! Im finding it hard to keep to myself so your my only outlet at the mo!

Just wanted to say I've only been using the CBFM for 2 months and it happened for me and Im 38 with 2 kids 11 and 15!

DO NOT give up hope.

I HIGHLEY recommend using the Sasmar conceive plus. It claims to enhance sperm quality and mobility. Certainly worked for us. We were trying for 3 months, 1st month with just OPK's second and third with CBFM.

Did a cheapy preg test from amazon this morning absolutely nothing! so thought maybe I'm ovulating cos I've got pains so did an OPK from set I've got from asda, put it to one side and thought stuff this and got out my first resonce 6 days early test and there in front of me as a faint line! Later on looked at my OPK and it said positive. Looked on net and it states that if your preg you can get a positive OPK result if your pregnant, I never knew that!!

My CBFM stated highs from day 8 and Im on day 21 and still on highs but used an old stick from day 18. I had no peak girls so dont worry about that like I certainly did.

Good luck and lots of Baby Dust to you all!! xxxxxx

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20716;29/st/20110729/dt/-6/k/d238/preg.png

Congrats to you xxxxxxxxxxxxx sooo envious too:flower::flower::flower:

I was 39 in September, fell pregnant in July after our first mistake in 6 years of being 'careful' :blush: after getting over the initial shock we were really excited but I sadly miscarried at the end of August. It made us realise how much we'd like another child. Decided not to wait to try until after first period. Didn't get pregnant, so after first AF put all our efforts into trying (ovulation tests, temping, soy iso etc.) and low and behold I got a :bfp: last Monday.

I'd just like to add I've almost always had long and irregular cycles and am really shocked to have got a BFP so soon.

Good luck to everyone

I was 39 in September, fell pregnant in July after our first mistake in 6 years of being 'careful' :blush: after getting over the initial shock we were really excited but I sadly miscarried at the end of August. It made us realise how much we'd like another child. Decided not to wait to try until after first period. Didn't get pregnant, so after first AF put all our efforts into trying (ovulation tests, temping, soy iso etc.) and low and behold I got a :bfp: last Monday.

I'd just like to add I've almost always had long and irregular cycles and am really shocked to have got a BFP so soon.

Good luck to everyone

Congrats. I just made 38 on September 9th. We will try next month so that is so inspiring to hear.

I LOVE this thread!!! It's so great hearing all these success stories. I'm 36 soon to be 37 and ttc baby #1. If you listen to some of the stuff you read on the web you would think that after age 35 your chances of having a baby are very slim. I know that's not true but it does get you down sometimes. But when I read all these success stories it just gives me so much hope. So ladies, thanks for sharing and keep those stories coming!!

Congratulations SassyLou.

Here's to having a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Congrats sassylou!

Just goes to show dont beleive everything you read!

As long as we are healthy and look after ourselves anything is possible.

So may people have said 38 isn't too old! I even appologised for my age when booking in for my first antenatal appointment! She wanted to book me in at 8.45 and I said I cant do that early got to get my kids to school. She said which primary school do they go to? I said no they go to high school! I'm 38 sorry! She laughed and said thats not old at all!

I'm so worried about the space! We live in a three bed house. My son is in the box room he is 11 and my daughter has the bigger room she is 15 and taking her exams.

When baby is born he/she is going in with us for first 6 months or so but how do I work rooms out with ages of kids?? Any suggestions. My only idea is to put my son in my daughters room and he can share with the baby regardless of sex of the new baby. Do you think this would be ok??? My head is all over the place at mo, my oh said im worrying about things I should't be thinking about at mo.Think all of us women run on overtime with silly worries dont we? xxxx

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20716;29/st/20110729/dt/5/k/9776/preg.png

Hi im 40 have 4 boys aged 17, 18, 19 & 7 months old... concieved youngest naturally after 6yrs of ntnp ( actually we went out for the weekend and got totally wrecked lol) bit of a shock but a lovely surprise. Now we are actively TTC for one more so youngest dont grow up an only child bc obviously his 3 brothers are a lot older :haha:

Good luck to everyone :hugs:

Sounds like a good idea

I was 36 when we had our first and will be 38 with our second. As much as I love the support group I have here on BnB it would be neat to have a place for some of us "older" momma's too :thumbup:

I concieved no 1 after almost 2 years try at 33 - and now I'm turning 35 in a months, and no.2 is on the way without even trying!!!

It's not all about age!

Im 37 and found out 2 days ago im execting....I have a son to previous marriage, he is 12yrs...
Im now with a new partner and we decided we would like one together but it happend 2nd month of trying. Now im freaking out...am I TOO OLD, how will my son react after 12 years on his own...OMG have I done the right thing??????????

Im 37 and found out 2 days ago im execting....I have a son to previous marriage, he is 12yrs...
Im now with a new partner and we decided we would like one together but it happend 2nd month of trying. Now im freaking out...am I TOO OLD, how will my son react after 12 years on his own...OMG have I done the right thing??????????

Congratulations!! :baby::baby:

1) You arent too old - im 38 and there are women in all trimesters who are that age and older.
2) Your son will be fine! Again there are many on the pregnancy boards with much larger age gaps.
3) :hugs: yes of course you have.

Mizze xx :kiss:

lol you be fine with a 12yr age gap, i thought same with my other 3 being 17,18 and 19 but they love their little brother even tho they more like uncles to him 'hence why im ttc one more time' x

Im 38 and just found Im pregnant, its worrying me to death aswell as mine are girl 15 and boy 11.

I've not even told my Mum yet! Im still scared to tell her at 38! xx

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20716;29/st/20110729/dt/5/k/9776/preg.png

Aww bet they be over the moon especially your daughter, my lads just said 'arnt you a bit old to be pregnant' when they found out :haha: but middle lad was very protective whilst i was PG x

Aww bet they be over the moon especially your daughter, my lads just said 'arnt you a bit old to be pregnant' when they found out :haha: but middle lad was very protective whilst i was PG x

Thanks for your support. Its just all a bit scarey as well as very exciting!

Been gettng cramps in my right side last night and today, no bleeding though. Cant remember if this is what I had with my other 2 it was that long ago!

Just looked up on net and says its your uterus getting ready for baby.

Did you have any cramp symptons at beginning with your 7 month old?

Yes i had loads i was so convinced my af was coming even when 6 days late & knowing i was PG... its just normal your body getting ready again for baby. Know what you mean id forgot everything with my other 3 pregnancies :haha:

Will admit it was more tiring after 30wks, but luckily korben arrived 11 days early & labour was amazing wasnt as painful as i remember with other 3. You'll be totally fine sweetie honest :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->