"Frankenstorm"

Wind

Reaction score
I know we have a few twin moms and moms to be in the eastern US. I will be praying for all of you to be safe as this monstrous storm heads your way. I'm not sure what impact it will have on us here in Ohio. (There are a couple of us here.) I hope the forecasters are wrong and it weakens.......

I'm praying it passes without much issue too! My DH is on the crisis management team for Chase and he's been working 16-18 hr days since this past Wed, and the worse/longer the storm is the worse and longer his hours will be. We got until 1030am with him this morning though before he had to go into work, which I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for the increase in income this job brought and the amazing health insurance, but the hours it requires him to work makes me feel like I'm married to a pay check a lot of the time now and just so lonely. Can't wait until we get everything paid off so he can quit and go to nursing school. He's yet to be able to come to an u/s or prenatal appt because of his job and he didn't miss 1 with either of our boys. I don't mind him missing some, but it's sucked not having him at any. He's as upset about it as I am and feels terrible. I'm scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow and I'm having to go by myself, while our boys are in day care. :cry: His boss(es) won't let him take time off for my appt(s), and they canceled his vacation days this week. Just really bummed.

Praying everyone on the East Coast stays safe!

I'm in Virginia, and the storm has just started for us. The loud wind keeps waking the girls up, so I'm sure it's going to be a long night and next couple of days. :(

One of the trees in our backyard was uprooted last night. The winds are supposed to be twice as strong tonight. They are expecting 70 m.p.h. gusts. I hope everyone is staying safe!!

Wow. We don't get anything like these in England.. to me, ignorantly, it sounds damn exciting, we get the most boring dreary weather here but practically, it might be so so frightening for you all. I truly hope everyone here and all of your families and friends remain safe x

Wow. We don't get anything like these in England.. to me, ignorantly, it sounds damn exciting, we get the most boring dreary weather here but practically, it might be so so frightening for you all. I truly hope everyone here and all of your families and friends remain safe x

In a strange way it is exciting. I used to live in a part of the U.S. that is known for tornadoes. I would follow the storm fronts so I could watch them.:blush:

In a strange way it is exciting. I used to live in a part of the U.S. that is known for tornadoes. I would follow the storm fronts so I could watch them.:blush:

I'm so glad you said that! As soon as I hit 'submit reply' I thought... Oh shit, I hope I haven't offended anyone or seemed to have trivialised such a serious thing. Because I'd never do that. We see the storm chaser programmes on the Discovery channels over here and they do make it look thrilling!! Though I can imagine living through them is a whole different ballgame.

I'm originally from Florida, so I'm pretty used to hurricanes. We'd look forward to them because of hurricane parties. The power goes out, you have all your friends over and you cook/eat everything in the freezer and fridge so it doesn't spoil. And in college, there was also a lot of drinking (even though the alcohol wouldn't go bad). This year I'm in the midwest, but I'm keeping updated by my friends all over the east coast. One perk of being a military wife, I have friends in almost every state! Stay safe, and prepare for power outages! And for those who might be new to storms like these, remind friends and family to NEVER EVER put the generator indoors!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->