freaked out about last (emergency room) ultrasound. help? *UPDATE*

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
ok so I am almost 10 weeks pregnant now. I had my first ultrasound (vaginally) at 6 weeks 1 day saw baby & heartbeat.. a couple weeks later (around 7 weeks 6 days pregnant) I ended up n the hospital because I hadn't been able to keep down food or fluids for almost 3 days. so while I was there the doctor comes n & says "I pulled up ur ultrasound & the baby heart rate was 104 bpm. which is a little slow." so he pulls in this small ancient looking ultrasound machine & did a belly ultrasound ..said heart rate looked normal now but then he said "i should be able to tell head from legs/feet at 8 weeks but then again this machine is old" so needless 2 say now im freaked out my baby is not developing right? I think about this every day & it is tearing me up. I should've asked this question sooner. what do u all think.. should I be worried? srry this is so long!

also want 2 add .. I emptied my bladder right before the ultrasound because I had no idea I was even getting an ultrasound. I don't know if this would matter or not just thought about it because when they tried 2 do my first abdominal ultrasound at 6 weeks 1 day I had 2 have a full bladder (they only seen gestational sack with abdominal ultrasound) then seen baby & heart beat with vaginal u/s

If its really affecting you then speak to your midwife and request another scan. Have you got your 12 week scan booked? Xxx

yes im definitely going 2 ask my doctor when I go back n on march 4th. might call her before that to talk about it. I thought I would have at least 4-5 ultrasounds before finding out gender but at my last appointment my doctor said my next ultrasound wouldn't be until 20 weeks!! I asked why & she said well since baby & hear beat was seen there is really no reason to do another one until 20 weeks.. u can also find out the gender then if u want. so yeah I don't know what 2 do I just hope they will give me another ultrasound soon.

Hey, yep same here too. Unless you have had any issues, high risk or certain circumstances then you only get two us scans here too. I would just phone them up and explain your concerns and request another scan. It will put your mind at ease xxx

That is upsetting, but honestly idk why he would do an abdominal ultrasound that early. I had one at 8 weeks with my last pregnancy and we could see arm and leg buds but no arms and legs if you know what I mean and that was transvaginal. Also, I only get two scheduled ultrasounds. One to confirm pregnancy and give you a due date and the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I have had two extra ones because of a bleed but if I hadn't had the bleed I would have only had the two scheduled. Just contact your Dr. or midwife and see if they can get you in just to ease your mind, my Dr. is great and if I am freaking out over anything he will just have me come in just to calm me down.

That guy completely stirred the pot for no reason. MY goodness! You were there for nausea and left thinking your baby wasn't normal. Your baby is fine!! That old machine sounds like the problem to me.

ahh thank u soo much ladies. this is why I love this site! so I called my doctors office & explained the situation..it was an on call doctor & he was just the best! he said everything is most likely fine but since im worried he told me 2 come n 4 another ultrasound on Friday! so n 3 days I will know if my baby is ok. which im praying he/she is!

My 8 week scan (transvaginal) only showed a blob - you couldn't see arms, legs or anything like that. I was 8w2d and baby measured 7w5d, so 4 days smaller, but with normal heart beat. On my 10 week scan (abdominal), baby had caught up in measurements AND it looked like a baby. You could clearly see a head, a body, arms and little legs. My OB also has old equipment.
I'm sorry this doctor worried you for what seems like may be nothing to worry about. Most likely things are actually ok with your baby! The empty bladder doesn't really matter. I had an empty bladder before my abdominal scan (my OB's office requests a urine sample on every visit as standard practice) and we could clearly see the baby regardless.

Good luck on Friday, I'm sure things will be fine! :hugs:

unnamed.jpg

ultrasound from 2day. my baby is developing PERFECTLY!!! the emergency room doctor freaked me out 4 NO reason making me think my baby didn't have freakin legs or something! screw that doctor! my baby is right on schedule for 10 weeks 1 day! strong healthy heartbeat! im so blessed thank u god! :cloud9::cry:

Glad you were re-scanned for reassurance and that it turned out great! I <3 the 3D!

thank u ladies:) I feel 100% better now! the 3D is awesome! I don't think I wanna do anything except for 3D from now on!! u can just see baby way better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->