free beta hcg and PAPP A values?

Dragonfly8491

Reaction score
My doctors appointment was scheduled for week 9, but after recalculating turns out it was week 8+0 or 8+1. I got some of the blood test results, got only values and no word from the doctor yet, have't received time for ultrasound yet, though it should be after 11+0 the doctor said.
So for the free beta hcg i got 10,3 iu/l and for the PAPP A 0,15iu/l

I googled it and now i am FREAKING OUT BIG TIME. I try to convince myself that the values look like that because the sample was taken very early.

Any thoughts? Any experience?

That does seem very low even for 8weeks. How long have you known about the pregnancy? Maybe you ovulated late and are not as far along as you think. If you don't have any bleeding that's a good thing.

Probably best to wait another week to test again. Hopefully the numbers will be rising by then!

I wish you all the best!

I have known from the day I missed my period... My last period was on the 2nd of september, i ovulated around 23rd of september, my cycle is around 34 days. I have positive urine test at 4 weeks at the doctors, have been POAS every 3rd day to make sure i still am pregnant. I was at the doctor last friday when they took a blood sample. I really hope it is a strange way of entering the value or even a mistake. If HCG so low it shouldn't show up on a hpt, would it? I just peed on one with sensitivity 25iu/l and it is deffinately positive, second line came before the control line.... I am not bleeding though, not even a drop.

Sorry if this is rude, but are you mixing up free beta HCG with quantitative HCG? The higher numbers you see with HCG are usually quantitative, the simple test they do at your doctor's office to make sure it's doubling. Free beta HCG is a different measurement that often checks for a risk of trisomy conditions. It's common for free beta HCG to be very low (that's what they want to see, I believe). It has nothing to do with your overall HCG.

I mean the free beta hcg, that is also what i wrote in my first post in this topic.
Still it seems low to me after i googled it, though i know i shouldn't be looking up such things and wait for the doctors meaning instead :/

I mean the free beta hcg, that is also what i wrote in my first post in this topic.
Still it seems low to me after i googled it, though i know i shouldn't be looking up such things and wait for the doctors meaning instead :/

Sometimes people don't realize there's a difference between the two (easy mistake to make). If your overall HCG was at 10 at 8 weeks, that would be a bad sign, but if your free beta HCG is at a 10, that's much more understandable. So it sounds like you're fine.

Hope you get some clarity! I know it will relieve the worrying to hear from your doctor.

I had my bloods at 12+4 for chromosome conditions. I got the results today. My hCGB was 2.64 and my PAPPA 1.15 .. midwife assures me they are perfectly normal although the hCGB value is on the high side. She said maybe I'm having a girl?!

That's probably not very helpful as I'm a few weeks ahead and I've no idea what they should be earlier on!

I ended up m/c two weeks ago, but i was almost sure that there was something wrong, and though we were very sad, it was not a huge surprise.

The baby started growing at 7w and i started bleeding at 11w, we saw a very slow heartbeat and a tiny baby. The doctor said that there is a small chance to get through the bleeding and have a healthy baby, but the bleeding got worse, the pain was unbearable and i ended up at the hospital 30 hours after my last visit. The heartbeat had stopped and i was miscarrying.

Now, two weeks after the nightmare, i am not bleeding and my body feels ok, so we ttc again. Hope to get pregnant fast and all turns up fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->