frequent due date changes?

nilllabean26

Reaction score
So it went from 6/11 to 6/13 to now. 6/10

The last change was yesterday,the first change was at 7 weeks, the second was at 10 weeks. I didn't have to say that out of order...sorry.

If your baby keeps measuring big, is this a sign u will hand a large heavy baby like 10 lbs or something?

And have some people measured like a week ahead or later? What does this really mean because I know some people know their ovulation days and know for sure when it COULDN'T be possible, so Whats happening. Baby just growing fast and then will it maintain later? Hopefully I make sense. I feel im rambling

I honestly wouldn't worry, they grow at different rates. You'll usually be given an official due date at your 12 week scan , as they're only guessing until that point.

With my son, my due date went from 19th, 21st then 27th when I eventually had my 12 week scan. x

Ty. Was it closer to the date u thought u were before u ever went to the Dr?

Babies have growth spurts and they just grow at different rates. I went for scans weekly from week 6 bc I was high risk, and I went every Tuesday, so you'd think that my baby would grow 7 days at each scan, but nope. Only once was she spot on. The other times she was ahead, by one day, 3 days, and so forth. By my 20 week scan her head was 3 weeks ahead and the rest of her was 2 weeks ahead. My OB never changed my due date though. I don't know what would have happened (as far as being big at birth) bc I had her at 35 weeks. But at 5 weeks early she was a good size 5lb 12 oz and didn't need any NICU care at all. Good luck. You'll probably get your 'official' due date at your 12 week scan . All due dates are just estimates anyway. Glad to see you're moving along too. I've read your other posts and know you've had quite the bumpy ride so far. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful!

Ty scout for sharing

Very interesting. Learned something new. I never realized they measure the head separate from the body. So if a baby is a premier and the head is measuring ahead of the body, it will eventually catch up to equal once they from bigger right? Or will they measure above average proportion wise for a while?
Babies have growth spurts and they just grow at different rates. I went for scans weekly from week 6 bc I was high risk, and I went every Tuesday, so you'd think that my baby would grow 7 days at each scan, but nope. Only once was she spot on. The other times she was ahead, by one day, 3 days, and so forth. By my 20 week scan her head was 3 weeks ahead and the rest of her was 2 weeks ahead. My OB never changed my due date though. I don't know what would have happened (as far as being big at birth) bc I had her at 35 weeks. But at 5 weeks early she was a good size 5lb 12 oz and didn't need any NICU care at all. Good luck. You'll probably get your 'official' due date at your 12 week scan . All due dates are just estimates anyway. Glad to see you're moving along too. I've read your other posts and know you've had quite the bumpy ride so far. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful!

Both mine measured behind at 6, 8, right on at 10, then a week ahead from 13w!
Ds1 was 7lbs at 40w (I had preeclampsia tho so his head was big and body small!)
Ds2 7lb 5 at 38w :flower:

Ds1 was 7lbs at 40w (I had preeclampsia tho so his head was big and body small!)

Thanks for sharing. So your son now when he goes to the Dr, is his head measuring above average or no?

I was measuring 4 days behind at the last scan but they didn't adjust my due date as it was such early days and I was told the 12 week scan date would be the one they'd stick with.

I get confused with the whole thing. I know someone on this forum is only a day ahead of me yet is due 3 days before me...Something to do with cycle length maybe? My cycles were always 30-33 days.

Also at this stage 1 or 2 mm growth can change due date by a few days, but in a few weeks time, it means nothing. The earlier the scans the more days out they can be. mine at 7w5d was +/- 4 days, but I expect at my next scan it might be +/- 2 days based on the accuracy of the measurements too!

Thanks for sharing. So your son now when he goes to the Dr, is his head measuring above average or no?

Funnily enough yes it is. Last visit he was 25th centile height, 50th weight and 90-something head lol!

They changed mine a few times with my first baby, I thought it was silly because it was only by one single day each time. At first, it was Jan 31, then after the first scan, it was Feb 1, and then finally at the 20 week scan (which they said was measuring about a week behind) for some reason they changed it to Feb 2!

They took him on Feb 10, never went into labor. My second baby was due Oct 31 and they took him on Nov 8, again never went into labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->