Frer - Update: BFN?!?

We live in the States, so I'm not sure which cheapies would be equivalent? I'm assuming our Dollar Tree ones. I may go buy a basket full of those. My friend is saying she thinks I'm having another chemical, as I did last month.

Ummmm. Did u only take one test and that's it since your first bfp? I would request blood tests to confirm that u are actually pregnant...

You could be a little more compassionate!! The OP is obviously freaking out, she needs some support.

We live in the States, so I'm not sure which cheapies would be equivalent? I'm assuming our Dollar Tree ones. I may go buy a basket full of those. My friend is saying she thinks I'm having another chemical, as I did last month.

Oh honey :hugs:

AF is late though. No spotting I assume? Don't give up hope Hun. Honestly FRER have had some really bad press of late.

Thank you for the offer, Louppey! :) I imagine the post alone to the States wouldn't justify it LOL.

I haven't had any spotting or bleeding whatsoever. Normal cramps, nothing abnormal. Lots of CM in the beginning, and I imagine somewhat still now. always feels wet down there. This doesn't help with the whole lack of morning sickness either.

Thank you for the offer, Louppey! :) I imagine the post alone to the States wouldn't justify it LOL.

I haven't had any spotting or bleeding whatsoever. Normal cramps, nothing abnormal. Lots of CM in the beginning, and I imagine somewhat still now. always feels wet down there. This doesn't help with the whole lack of morning sickness either.

If it makes you feel *any* better, I haven't had morning sickness either.

Lol no the post wouldn't justify or else I'd happily nip to the post office first thing. Right ok, try and keep calm. How late is AF? When you had your chemical what happened, was AF late? How late? Did you have any other symptoms.

Last month I got a faint positive the day AF was supposed to arrive. Two days later AF showed, so I was only two days late. No symptoms that weren't normal to PMS for me (tired, hungry)

Right now I am considered 9 days late for my period, if I were to get it. I'm also 19DPO today.

DH says my symptoms include moodiness, moodiness and hunger. I know I also am gassy and was like that with DD. No sore breasts, slight cramps, nausea at night (not severe).

Last month I got a faint positive the day AF was supposed to arrive. Two days later AF showed, so I was only two days late. No symptoms that weren't normal to PMS for me (tired, hungry)

Right now I am considered 9 days late for my period, if I were to get it. I'm also 19DPO today.

DH says my symptoms include moodiness, moodiness and hunger. I know I also am gassy and was like that with DD. No sore breasts, slight cramps, nausea at night (not severe).

I don't think this is a chemical, I've never had one so obviously can't say 100% sure but this doesn't sound anything like your experience last month. I think this is a dodgy test. Try again tomorrow morning with fmu (but if you wake at 4am needing to pee then do it then) but do not pin your hopes on that test. Tbh it sounds like you may have got a crappy batch. Get yourself to the docs office first thing Monday morning, get a blood test. In the meantime *try* to take your mind off it.

Sadly you can't do anything either way at this point, and stressing is only going to make you worse, so let nature run its course and get to the docs. It's the only definite way of knowing.

I have to say, you sound preggers!! Those sound pretty much like my symptoms :) and you are 9 days late!!!

Massive hugs :hugs:

Do you have a pic of the first FRER test? The bfp?

I don't know who you are, Louppey but I love you. LOL.

I do have a pic! It's on my phone so I will transfer it soon. I am getting DH ready for work (night shift) so i will be AFK for a few minutes. I might go buy Dollar tests tonight Lol

Aww that made me smile thanks Hun :)

You could go get dollar tests tonight, I'd just get a couple that way you can experiment with watering down your wee too as some other girls have suggested with the hook effect.

You have support here Hun, no matter which way this goes. You def sound preggers though :haha:

:hugs:

Edited to add: when you took the test today how long since your last wee and how much had you had to drink?

Bluewings, my sister had EXACTLY the same thing you are, and her DD is now 6 months old :) She had a very light BFP about a week after AF was due, then a negative the next day. She was also freaking out, but the blood test set the record straight.

My sister's Dr told her that when you're preg, your body starts increasing how much pee you make, so it's less concentrated. Even FMU is less concentrated than usual. So, it's pretty common to have the "disappearing BPF" problem, just because pregnant kidneys are pumping out more dilute urine.

FX for you. Stay calm! :)

Bluewings, my sister had EXACTLY the same thing you are, and her DD is now 6 months old :) She had a very light BFP about a week after AF was due, then a negative the next day. She was also freaking out, but the blood test set the record straight.

My sister's Dr told her that when you're preg, your body starts increasing how much pee you make, so it's less concentrated. Even FMU is less concentrated than usual. So, it's pretty common to have the "disappearing BPF" problem, just because pregnant kidneys are pumping out more dilute urine.

I love this post <3

Thank you so much for this response! Even if I have a miscarriage, this is a great technical response :) I am not sure why people would have me dilute my urine then if I am getting a BFN??...

You could go get dollar tests tonight, I'd just get a couple that way you can experiment with watering down your wee too as some other girls have suggested with the hook effect.

You have support here Hun, no matter which way this goes. You def sound preggers though :haha:

Edited to add: when you took the test today how long since your last wee and how much had you had to drink?

It'd been a few hours (2-4 hours?) since the last time I used the potty. (haha, can you tell I have a toddler? "used the potty"?)

How do you dilute your urine? Is it 50/50?

I will get a bunch LOL!

It's the hook effect, when you get so far along there is too much hcg in your pee so the test won't pick it up. You dilute your pee and bam bfp again. It really really depends on where you are tho. I think it's generally after 6 weeks... I could be wrong though.

Either way Hun, try not to stress. Much easier said than done though.

Well, now i'm scared to upload these here but here are the *very faint* BFP pictures from last week.

https://i48.tinypic.com/o9rh9y.jpg

https://i49.tinypic.com/30c7rk5.jpg

It'd been a few hours (2-4 hours?) since the last time I used the potty. (haha, can you tell I have a toddler? "used the potty"?)

How do you dilute your urine? Is it 50/50?

I will get a bunch LOL!

Haha we haven't started potty training yet, I'm dreading it :haha:

I think I've read different ways of diluting. I'd maybe try 2/3 wee to 1/3 water. 1/2 and 1/2. Omg I cannot even believe we're talking about diluting wee :rofl:

I see two lines :) In the second pic it def looks like it has colour, the first idk. Can you confirm? Is it definitely a pink second line?

It's the hook effect, when you get so far along there is too much hcg in your pee so the test won't pick it up. You dilute your pee and bam bfp again. It really really depends on where you are tho. I think it's generally after 6 weeks... I could be wrong though.

I think it'll be easy not to stress... I haven't spotted or bled any and with my DD I didn't get a positive HPT until I was 3 months (I found out via blood test at my doctor's office). My friend said that it's likely my body just doesnt process the hormone efficiently enough to my urine and so through all my pregnancies I could face not getting nice big dark BFP's for the first trimester.

I might as well figure out pregnancy like a pilgrim at this rate!!

I think it'll be easy not to stress... I haven't spotted or bled any and with my DD I didn't get a positive HPT until I was 3 months (I found out via blood test at my doctor's office). My friend said that it's likely my body just doesnt process the hormone efficiently enough to my urine and so through all my pregnancies I could face not getting nice big dark BFP's for the first trimester.

I might as well figure out pregnancy like a pilgrim at this rate!!

Well now this all makes even more sense!!! You're pregnant woman!!! Just get the blood test, it'll make you feel better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->