Frer - Update: BFN?!?

LOL Of course we're discussing diluting wee. And people think mom's aren't smart! Look at us! Scientists in the making.

I will try 50/50 and 75/25. We'll see! I'll make it an experiment. How much fun!

And yes, it was definitely pink. I've had evaps before and there was color. That's why this is so... unnerving.

Bluewings, I used internet cheapies (WAY too many) and when I got my bfp kept taking them. They never got super dark...some even got fainter! After reading about the hook effect I bet it was that and I was barely 5 weeks. I sincerely doubt its chemical as I bet your af would have shown by now! I didnt get sick until the very end of week 5 and I still have days where I am fine! I am sorry this happened to you (I would def freak out too) but I bet there is nothing to worry about. I think some lots of frer are terrible (my best friend used those to get her bfp then freaked when the next one she took was very very faint). Maybe try answer (pretty cheap) or equate (pink dye)? Usually the dollar stores run out fast in my state. If you cant find dollar tree try those! And check dates! I have gotten expired ones (frer from Walmart).

Good luck and relax!

LOL Of course we're discussing diluting wee. And people think mom's aren't smart! Look at us! Scientists in the making.

I will try 50/50 and 75/25. We'll see! I'll make it an experiment. How much fun!

And yes, it was definitely pink. I've had evaps before and there was color. That's why this is so... unnerving.

Yeah I could totally see colour in the second pic, but in the first it was harder. It looked much like my bfp on an FRER at 12 dpo.

I'd try the wee but don't pin too many hopes on it, sounds to me like your body doesn't like pee'ing out hcg. It's obviously storing it somewhere :rofl:

Bluewings, I used internet cheapies (WAY too many) and when I got my bfp kept taking them. They never got super dark...some even got fainter! After reading about the hook effect I bet it was that and I was barely 5 weeks. I sincerely doubt its chemical as I bet your af would have shown by now! I didnt get sick until the very end of week 5 and I still have days where I am fine! I am sorry this happened to you (I would def freak out too) but I bet there is nothing to worry about. I think some lots of frer are terrible (my best friend used those to get her bfp then freaked when the next one she took was very very faint). Maybe try answer (pretty cheap) or equate (pink dye)? Usually the dollar stores run out fast in my state. If you cant find dollar tree try those! And check dates! I have gotten expired ones (frer from Walmart).

Good luck and relax!

Thank you! I didn't think of expiration dates. Our DT stores are usually well stocked. women in my area tend to buy lots of FRER's. Like... 5 packs at a time. That's almost the amount of my grocery bill LOL.

Now I know why people stay on these boards. You girls are just so sweet and supportive, regardless of outcomes! :hugs:

When I had a chemical, the lines were always faint and never got any darker but by the time they were BFN, I had been bleeding so it doesn't sound like a chemical to me. It's probably just bad luck that you've got a dud test! Did you actually pee on it or dip it? Is there a chance you may not have pee'd on it properly? That happened to me, but when I did another, I got a line. Does seem very odd. Late for your period, no bleeding. I say it must be a dodgy test x

Yeah I could totally see colour in the second pic, but in the first it was harder. It looked much like my bfp on an FRER at 12 dpo.

I'd try the wee but don't pin too many hopes on it, sounds to me like your body doesn't like pee'ing out hcg. It's obviously storing it somewhere :rofl:

I've never liked my body much, and now I dislike it even more. At LEAST give me some hcg to pee out, you SOB! LOL

im sorry for my useless post, i genuinely thought i had read under your name that you were in england, oops sorry bout that

ok have been reading through this thread, keeping everything crossed however looking at your test against the ones that i used when not pregnant on a frer and you that is such a second line.

my sister had negative pregnancy tests up to 8 weeks, doctor was only able ot confirm it through blood tests, it happened in both her pregnancies and my niece is 18 and nephew 14, i know its not entirely the same case as yours, but just an example of negative tests later on in pregnancy being completely wrong

good luck to you hun !!!!!!!!!

I've never liked my body much, and now I dislike it even more. At LEAST give me some hcg to pee out, you SOB! LOL

These things are sent to try us, hey?

I need to go to bed, it's late here and I've stayed up last my bedtime :haha:

Night Hun, hope you start to relax now and keep us posted :hugs:

When I had a chemical, the lines were always faint and never got any darker but by the time they were BFN, I had been bleeding so it doesn't sound like a chemical to me. It's probably just bad luck that you've got a dud test! Did you actually pee on it or dip it? Is there a chance you may not have pee'd on it properly? That happened to me, but when I did another, I got a line. Does seem very odd. Late for your period, no bleeding. I say it must be a dodgy test x

I'm a dipper :blush: I always use a cup to dip tests in, whether it was OPKs or HPTs. I just feel that I have better control. I did also read the directions to make sure, because I know every brand is different and with these it's just 5 seconds. Honestly, i held it for 7 becaues 5 seems so short!

I'm voting for dodgy test with you girls. If not then this is the weirdest chemical ever.

Good night Louppey! Thanks for staying up doll. You need your rest mama.

Thank you guys. I will update this post when I get my next BFP because by God I will pee on every stick until Monday morning.

I'm a dipper :blush: I always use a cup to dip tests in, whether it was OPKs or HPTs. I just feel that I have better control. I did also read the directions to make sure, because I know every brand is different and with these it's just 5 seconds. Honestly, i held it for 7 becaues 5 seems so short!

I'm voting for dodgy test with you girls. If not then this is the weirdest chemical ever.

Haha I'm a dipper too! Yeah I agree it has to be a dodgy test. If that test is negative, then that must mean that your HCG level is 0 so you would be bleeding by now. That just seems logical to me. Shame you didn't do the dodgy one first! Good luck with your next test. Sure you'll get your line xx

I also read (on here I think) that there are a few batches of FRER that have been faulty x

Well I think FRER should give us our money back if we get a blood test confirming pregnancy! What a load of bull! Thankfully I'm cheap enough to have seen that they're cheaper ($7.99/2pk) at Target than the grocery and drug store ($13.99/2pk). Still, $8 is a lot for a piece of lies.

I don't know Hun I'm sorry but I'm sceptical. I just took a peak at your tests and although I see a very feint second line I'm not sure if there is any color? I didn't mean to Sunday due before I was just confused by your situation. If I were you I would get a blood test done to know for sure but f tomorrow's test is negative then I would see a doc. I don't thnk it's the hook effect as your too early on, at 5-6 weeks my tests were blazing dark and by 6 weeks the test was darker than the control and my levels were super high so I doubt very much it's the hook effect as it is very rare. Unfortunately frer's lately ave been giving faint false positives lately that's why I asked if u only took one. I hope you get a great bfp tmrw!! Gl xx

Lol! My iPad autocorrected sorry I meant I did not mean to sound rude no dea why it wrote Sunday. ...

It's ok :) I think I will call and ask for a blood test by my ON on Monday regardless of pos or neg tests this weekend. I think I just need that extra reassurance or, if its bad news, confirmation.

From pregnancy lab.com

4) Finally, the other reason for false negatives was only recently described and is referred to as the "variant hook effect." This is much more common than the hook effect. As pregnancy progresses, there are actually different variant forms of hCG that begin to appear in the urine. After about 5 weeks of pregnancy (i.e. 3 weeks after the expected period) concentrations of hCG beta core fragment are higher than all other forms of hCG. This is perfectly normal. Unfortunately, the concentration of hCG beta core fragment can saturate one of the antibodies used in the assay in certain pregnancy kits, and the other antibody doesn't recognize the beta core fragment. As a result, no sandwich forms and the test is read as a negative. The farther in pregnancy a woman is, the more likely that this false negative will occur. Similar to the hook effect, the variant hook effect can be confirmed if testing shows a positive result after diluting the sample.

Your line is pink and looks like a BFP. If it came up within the time limit then you're pregnant. I've had pink evaps on FRERs in December but they came up after the time limit.

Def get the blood work done. GL!

Ill update by Sunday! Just took a DT test. Only had a "urine fast" for 3.5 hours and nothing to drink... so my urine was VERY concentrated. THINK I see a ***FAINT*** (like oober oober faint) second line. Taking it with a grain of sand and will re-test with a FRER and DT test tomorrow with FMU.

So technical LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->