Friends

Rough night last night! I struggle with anxiety and for some reason last night I was on the verge of a panic attack all night - I don't know what the issue was. I managed to have a good sleep although I woke up a lot - anyone have any advice or tips? I was trying breathing exercises and my usual visualization stuff, but I just couldn't seem to get a full breath.
Hope you are all doing well
(ER - hope all your appts go well today - looking forward to hearing about them!)

Hi Sugarlys, I do give myself the shots. I'll go in next week for a training session. As for the anxiety, who wouldn't be stressed out and overcome every now & then? You're on the right track with breathing techniques and the only thing I would add is to acknowledge that life can be overwhelming. You're doing the best you can and that is all you can do. Take one day at a time and know that you are strong enough to handle whatever life throws at you. You are doing fantastic! :hugs:

ER, can't wait to hear how everything went today!

Hopeful, how is everything going with the roofers and the hunt for a new house?

Mirna, hope you're having a good week!

Tainted, you've disappeared on us again! Hope it's b/c you're feeling soooo good that you are too busy eating to type! :winkwink:

AFM, it's gorgeous here today so I'm going to ...... Study!!! YAY! :dohh:

Have a fabulous day all!

Thanks Blessed :) you always make me feel better. I am going to get out of the house today...dh is on nights and it doesn't help to be at home with not much to do!
It is grey here today but apparently the sun is supposed to shine later!! :)

Sugarlys- pregnancy hormones have a lot to do with it. I struggle to get enough breath at times too. Progesterone can be blamed for many things. The anxiety it brings is another challenge. Breathing techniques are good. Keep in mind being emotional and irrational is perfectly normal in pregnancy. I for one was angry yesterday, the day before happy then one comment from DH sent me out of the room and crying my eyes out. I can't promise it is going to get easier, but you can get used to it and be prepared to handle it.

Blessed- about the roofing stuff, I've been avoiding thinking about it. Our legal is preparing it and I was taking that break off to let my mind de-stress and focus on the new baby. I'm sure it'll come to haunt me soon though. As for moving, we've been looking at places, but are not having a ton of luck finding that perfect fit yet. I honestly hope we don't find it until next winter as then we could move about this time next year, once this legal crap is over with. Plus we'll have the money saved for down payment/legal fees by then.i really would love to get outta here before new baby but it's not gonna happen. The little one can sleep bassinet beside bed for the first while anyways like Xavier did.
I'm happy to hear the process is going for your IVF. Hope things are nice and quiet with the bcp to get going after two weeks instead of the long six week wait. Injections are easy. I've never been squeamish though, always watched when getting blood taken, even as a kid :)

Where is the rest of the ladies at?

Thanks Hopeful :) I am used to panic attacks, but not ones that last that long. Glad to hear I am not going crazy.
As much as I am enjoying this week off, I think I will enjoy to be back at work because at least it keeps me busy during the day!

Blessed - you are so brave! I love how you are taking everything in stride - that will definitely help in the baby making process if you are calm (I would guess anyway!)

Thanks girls, I am so happy to know you! Don't know what I would do without you since I haven't told ANYONE that I'm preggo yet...it is KILLING ME

Hey sorry girls... Ya that's what I have been doing... Eating and working a lot! I haven't thrown up for uh... Since saturday morning... Thank god and I haven't been nauseated either!!
Surgarlys.. I suffer from terrible anxiety! I switched from Paxil to celexa, BC the doctor said it is safer for the baby! I switched a couple months before we found out I was pregnant! I have gone from having anxiety attacks a couple times a day and once I had a 5 hour attack! Walking.. Especially at night and get your man to go with you. Walk around the block and just start talking about something random! It usually hauls me out of an attack immediately! Since I started on celexa I haven't had a panic attack... Thank god! I can sometimes feel them coming on but it goes away just as quick! I hope that can help u!

Blessed that is quick the process that you have to go through! You'll be in my prayers! And 60% chance is a whole lot better than 20% chance! Be positive and before you know it you'll be pregnant and maybe with twins! Would you want two babies or three!?

Afm... I'm doing well! Happy lately! Having a really good spell... Not being sick all the time is really quite amazing... I almost forgot how it feels to be normal! Keep me in your prayers that this lasts for awhile! Thanks ladies! Gotta go to work! Taking my clients to a hockey game tonight!
Have a great day girls!

Doc appts went well... We got to hear baby's heartbeat... 155 bpm. EKG went well, no heart issues!

Glad the appts went well ER! I am sure you are relieved!!

Tainted - thanks for the advice. I rarely have panic attacks in my house...usually my anxiety revolves around crowds, travelling etc...."agoraphobia" type stuff...it was weird to have one here. I made sure to get out of the house today..and then I sat on the deck in the sun for awhile.

Thanks as always, girls!

Ladies, AF came two days early! :happydance: So happy we can get this show on the road. I'll go in to the office Fri or Sat and start BC pills.

Tainted, I'm so happy you're feeling well. Really, truly happy that you simply can live & enjoy being pregnant! :hugs: As for how many babies, I'll just be so grateful to get pregnant that I'm just going to focus on that first.

ER, Yay for the baby's heart beat & your good EKG. That's great.

Sugarlys, how are you today? I hope you were able to sleep last night.

Hi Hopeful! How's the weather there? It's sooo gorgeous here, K & I are going to be grilling out again.

Mirna, hope you're still around. :)

The weather is fantastic! 19-22 range for a week! Some short tstorms in the mix but I love thunder and lightning! It's exciting rain rather than that dull dreary rainy day. Sun is my love though though I may think differently when it's 44 with humidex and I'm pretty pregnant, bet the a/c will be my new best friend!
So I'm doing better but my emotions are still wacky. Today I was tired then super grumpy, now I'm in a great mood. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

Blessed- great news you get to get started so soon! I wish I could BBQ my grill is neglected lately. We are currently out of propane and I gotta send the man to fill it up as I won't combine gas filled tank, pregnant woman, and young baby in the same vehicle. This weekend for sure. Hitting the flea market for fresh butcher steaks!

Ersurgeongirl - good about the EKG and nice heartbeat! How are you feeling lately?

Sugarlys - hope no more panic attacks happen. How's the weather for you?

Tainted- didn't know you were on anti-anxiety/depression meds. How on earth did you cope with all the sickness and that? Sheesh, I don't know how you do it. Glad things are better though.

So I got the call from the RE office and I go in Sat & start BC pills for 9 days. Next week K has to go in and give a sperm sample to be frozen. They do this so there's no pressure the morning of the egg retrieval for the man when he gives a fresh sample. I guess some stress out over it that morning and then don't give a good sample. So the pre-frozen one takes the pressure off the guy and they're able to relax and give a better sample. This office is on top of things! However, they're also going to take his blood and he's so bad about that he has to lie down. So I'm not going to tell him that and once he's given his collection, then they can tell him. :blush:

So excited! :)

Ooh, getting so close! I'll bet your excited :) so much closer to being PUPO! It does sound like the clinic is on top of things.

Wow Blessed exciting!! (Crazy when you are excited to see your AF!) but that is great news, considering that you had the surgery in there and all! Hahah good call letting the nurse or dr tell K about the blood sample. I am impressed by the sound of this office, too. Sounds like they know what they are doing! I am so excited to hear all about it as it happens!

Hopeful - I was much better yesterday. I made sure to get out of the house and sit outside during the day. I think just knowing that this is "normal" helps big time. I have never been medicated for anxiety but it has been a lifelong struggle. Yes, the weather has been gorgeous here too...hard to believe that last Saturday hubby was snowmobiling and now our snow is almost gone...we had probably 4 feet a week ago. Wild.

I just got home from dinner at my parents and have horrible heartburn from something..we had pizza and fries (weird combo, I know but my Dad doesn't like pizza - strangest man in the world - so he also made wings and fries). This not telling people this is HORRIBLE. I think if all goes well at our appt next Friday I will tell both families at Easter. I think will be 10 weeks by then...I won't tell the general population until 12 or 13 but I think I am already showing...like I am so bloated that I think ppl will soon be able to tell.

Well ladies, have a good night! It is a bit of a thunderstorm here right now so our satellite is out...the joys of not living where you can get cable!!

Sugarlys- make sure when you tell them you make it clear you do not wish anyone else to know until you are ready to tell. I'm hearing horror stories from ladies on another pregnancy thread that they only told immediate family, then their mother or sister told their friend out of excitement. Poor ladies had exciting news which should have been theirs to share and they were outed before they got the chance.
My family is very good about it, I asked them to keep it quiet for just a few weeks, and so far so good. Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes. Any creative way to tell them?

Good point!! Thanks for the tip. Well, this will be the first grandchild on my side, so I bought my mom this cute little ornament thing. It says " ___ weeks until I'm a Grandma" and then you change the number each week...sort of like an advent calender at Christmas.
Hubby's parents have 2 grandkids already, so doing something like that doesn't really work...they are big dog ppl so we got our dog a t-shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister"..see how long it takes them to get it...I am sure they will say "you are getting a puppy??" Can't WAIT!

Sugarlys, those are great ways to tell your families! (Sorry about the heartburn!)

Can't wait till you're back! Good luck with your term paper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->