Friends

So anyone have special weekend plans? I'm going for breakfast with a friend tomorrow morning, sans Xavier, kinda nice to pawn him off on daddy sometimes. Then we are going to go to the flea market for steaks, hit the park then grill up dinner :) so excited, besides the fact that I can't eat pink through the middle as I'd normally cook em. Ah well it'll still be super good!
I went for a walk today and wow it's hot out. I was sweating by the time I hit the park 6 blocks away. Tonight, turkey tacos for dinner, I love easy dinners :)

Blessed- good luck with appt on Saturday!

Ersurgeongirl - sucks you are so busy right now, I'm sure we will catch up soon!

No big plans for me....hubby is off this weekend so we will probably spend some time outside - today was gorgeous. I can't believe it!
I am still feeling pretty good - nauseous in the morning, but other than that, great! One week until my dr appt!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Morning! After my appointment I'm heading to a coffee shop and studying all day long. I have an exam Monday. Then I'll study all night long. :p Oh well. It's beautiful here too, I'm going to have to get out my short & tank tops!

Hopeful, Have a wonderful breakfast. I bet it is nice to just have some grown-up girlfriend time. It's so funny when you say you're going to grab steaks at a flea market. A flea market here is where you go for used stuff, antiques, junk sales. I keep picturing some old, musty steaks! :haha:

Sugarlys, have a wonderful weekend w. the hubby!

Lol, it's more market style, it has all that crap in the flea marrket side but they have a farmers food section. It's all freash in regfrideration units. Lol, musty old steaks. Good luck studying, don't drink too much coffee! I used to manage a coffe house and sipped coffee all day long. Energetic yes, but the shakes too.

Good luck at your appt today, Blessed! I am sure it will go great!
Enjoy your day, Hopeful...haha I laughed at musty steaks...

Talk soon!

Heehee, I'm at the coffee shop, let the shakes commence!! Actually, I have to stop off and get 1/2 caffeinated coffee b/c I'm trying to cut back. There are unique challenges to trying to get pregnant while in med school & lack of caffeine is going to be a big one! :wacko:

The appt went fine. I start BC pills today for 9 days and then the shots start. The pharmacy that makes all the meds for the shots will call me on Mon and the overnight all the drugs to my place. I also am starting a low dose corticosteroid today. Apparantly, this can be so stressful that people make themselves sick so this is to calm down my immune system during this process. Whatever!

Ok, back to studying. Ladies, enjoy this beautiful day for me! (Kevin went mountain biking - lucky!!!)

OMG ladies I HAVE to tell you! The pharmacy that prepares all the meds and needles etc called today. Meds can cost as much as IVF itself, basically doubling your cost so I was prepared. She said our total was $7,300 but our insurance covered all but $83!!!! I asked if she was sure!!! OMG I'm on cloud nine. Our insurance doesn't cover IVF but apparently it covers all the meds!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited! Kevin is driving right now so I didn't want to tell him until he gets home. Love you girls!!! :happydance:

Oh wow, that is amazing! I don't understand how meds cost so much. It's crazy what they charge. How many meds r you gonna be on for over $7000 bucks? Great news that your insurance covers it. Could you imagine if you had a surprise bill for that amount?
Did our thing today :) even stopped to get hubby new work boots and the baby some new onesies because he's growing like a weed. The dinner was amazing!!! Pepper steaks grilled with my own marinade and a veggie filled potato salad. Mmmmm.

Wow, that is SO awesome, Blessed!! Crazy how much it costs! There is nothing better than finding out you can get something for less, seriously, how often does that happen? Usually its the opposite! :)
Great day here, it was cloudy for most of the day. We went to town, I watched my PVRed 'sweet home Alabama' show (love it), had a nap and took the dog out for a walk.
One more day of March Break and then back to the grind! I don't know how I am going to manage without my daily nap!!! :)

Hey girls... Sorry I've been vacant again.... Phil leaves Tuesday and I'm soaking up as much of him that I possibly can!! Sounds like its been an exiting weekend for most of you! Blessed all of that sounds so lovely especially the low cost of the drugs!!! I'd be over the moon! I am praying for you that you get your sticky bean!

Hopeful I love having dates with friends it hasn't happened in awhile BC I've been soooo sick but what can I do! Lol actually right now I can't complain! I havent thrown up in over a week... How amazing! I wake up with a little nausea and I take my newest pill and I am almost completely better in 15 minutes. The only thing I battle with at the moment is sleepiness... And the omg I'm so fat feeling! Lol last night it was a bit overwhelming but I got thru it!

Where is Mirna?!? I wonder if she is still just breaking from us!

Phil is quitting smoking... Finally! He feels like he needs to be on the go all the time! But when we talked about making the baby he promised he would quit before the baby is born! He has been smoking since he was 13 and it's really tough for him! I feel for him! But we both agree it's too expensive and we want him around to walk his daughter down the isle in 20 years!

So we are goin to a scary movie today with our old roommates I'm really excited about theatre popcorn lol! Then Phil and I are goin for a Sunday drive to banff! So I should probably do something with my hair! Lol

Miss you ladies! We should have a baby reunion once they are all born! I'd definitely fly somewhere to meet all of you!

Ohhhh good luck with studying and papers ergirl and blessed!!

**daughter??? Do you know something we don't??
4 months, crazy!! What a beautiful day...I'll write more later..going back to sit in the porch before the day is over!!

Lol good eye Sugarlys! I totally missed that comment! I'm sitting outside in the sun too my son is asleep in his stroller in the shade :) he refused to map so off for a walk we went, after 20 minutes he was out cold! Gonna throw Oktoberfests on the grill tonight, gotta think....
...okay so got side tracked and didn't post that. It's now after dinner and I have my usual splitting headache, they are getting so bad, think I need to see the doc for suggestions.

We had hubby's b-day lunch today with his family and I don't know what I ate but oh my gosh what horrible stomach cramps. Like intense crampy, gassy pains. I am thinking it was probably the french onion dip I made...anyone else have "aversions" to food that didn't bother them before? It tasted delish when I was eating it.

I just cannot believe the weather...I already have garlic and rhubarb sprouting!! Crazy. Back to work for me tomorrow - looking forward to it!!

Onions ate awful for me. I avoid them now. Garlic doesn't seem to bother too much. Crampy gassy pains could mean your digestive tract is slowing down, welcome to my world. How's keeping the secret going?

Lol I wish I knew! He has a daughter and son with his ex wife! Trust me gals... You'll be the first to know!!

Tainted - gottcha!! :)

Hopeful - I am wondering if that is what is happening. I am noticing it a bit more tricky to go to the bathroom. Any tips on that one? Can I take metamucil?
Thanks girls!

The recommendation is to avoid using things till 12 weeks. The best bet is usually a stool softener like colace or something, next line of defense is Metamucil and milk of magnesia. All three of yhose have not been proven to have a negative effect on pregnsncy. I would consult you doc for her recommendation first though. I'm trying to hold out till 12 weeks and have not taken anything so far. It's been hard though. Going once every few days blows! Try upping the yogurt intake? It helped me a bit, as well as cutting back on bread/rice/pasta, and eating mostly fruit veg and lean protein. Good luck, hope that helps ya!

Okay thanks...yeah I was going to wait until my Dr appt on Friday to ask. I will definitely try to eat more veggies/fruit/yogurt.
Thanks for the advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->