Friends

ER, I hope things are a bit better this morning. Some parents show us how to act and others show us what we don't want to be.

Perhaps not hearing about the house yet is a good time to think about buying it. I bought a place on my own when I was not happy and just wanting to get out. It was a huge mistake because it meant I was stuck in a job I hated and couldn't leave b/c I had a mortgage. With the housing market as bad as it is are you positive that the house you're buying is where you want to be for at least five years? If you think you may want a new job now that you've graduated or move to a different neighborhood it is much easier to do if you're renting.

I'm so sorry about your dog, it's heartbreaking.

Oh ER :hug: you are having a rough go for someone pregnant :(
Listen your mother should be supportive of you and help, not judge you, no matter what bind you are in. A mothers job is to be there for their child no matter what, unconfditionlly loving them. Your mother is doing you a disservice emotionally, but this can be taken as a way you will never treat your child. Your child is innocent and beautiful, and don't let this rain on this special experience for you! Perhaps you would be better getting out of that situation, especially if it's become so toxic?
No matter what, we are proud of you for your three degree's and the fact that you've been able to deal with so much during your pregnancy and life so far. Take that to heart!
As for your doggie, he will be okay at the rescue. Have you contacted them to see if maybe there is a way he can stay until you get your place? They may ask for you to pay for his food and get bills but what if it's an option? I really don't think you failed him. He has some behavioral issues and you really weren't given enough time to deal with them and have the others in the household on board. It takes a lot of committment for everyone dealing with the dog and consistency but it seems they never tried. Don't forget that dog moved and it was hard on both of you doing so.
I wish there was more I could do for you. Sugarlys is right, you aren't responsible for making others happy, relationships are a two way street. We are here to talk to if you need us :hugs:

My post got erased and I have to start over. Hate that!!!

My transfer is scheduled for Wed the 13th. I'm praying my lining doesn't get too thick before then, I'm at 12.3 now and that's good. It's actually a relief to be doing the transfer after I take boards when I'll be sooooo relaxed! :thumbup: K's not going to like it b/c we can't travel over the TWW and he really wanted to. The hardest thing for me is ANOTHER WEEK OF WAITING!!!!!!! :dohh:

Mirna, how's your TWW waiting going? Hope it's flying by. :hugs:

Ladies, just got amazing news. Just got approved for 40 k over what we thought our max budget was. Opens up so much more in the housing market :) can't wait to find our perfect fit!
Blessed- that is wonderful, not too much longer, just over a week. Hey a week wait is better than two!

I'm so excited, feel like I'm walking on :cloud9:
I just hope what I want exists! It's going to be so good for our family!

https://www.lastdaydogrescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=3124909

They already posted his adoption info. It's not up to date yet. My poor Zeusie! I hope he knows how sorry i am and how much I love him and miss him... I cant stop crying.

Awwww er girl so ssorry about ur puppy ...and pls dont let ur moms words get to u especially now thay ur having a baby :)
Hopeful m sooo happy for uu wowww u must be over the moon!!oh how i wish this happens to me in this country
Blesssed sooo excited for uuuu best of luck girl.well the tww is helll m veryyy excited and symptom spotting and googling everything!!! I hope it works out this time and if it didnt happen i promised myself i wont be upset

Mirna, you should travel to Canada at the end of your pregnancy and 'accidently' go in to labour here. If the baby is born here you'd be able to get in here a lot easier :)
Just a thought. How is your wait going do far? Cramps and bloating settle down?

Yay to both blessed an hopeful! Those are both exciting news! And Mirna I hope the tww is flying by! What kind of symptoms are u seeing???
Sugarlys are u gonna find out the gender when u get there... U should soon be there!!!
And I feel ba for u miss ER girl! I would bawl my eyes out if something happened and I couldn't keep Charlie!
Me... The baby is moving all the time non stop... Sometimes it makes me nauseated.. Keeps me awake at night! I'm starting to get exhausted... 8 shifts of work left and it contines to go smoothly! My clothes are getting very tight time to go shopping again lol! Finally found a maternity swimsuit I like that doesn't look like granny style lol!
I continue to nest... Cleaning all the time baking cooking etc! Hah!
I'm ready for baby... I'm starting to get uncomfortable! It sucks the bag!
I have cravings now... Apples in caramel sauce... Lemon tarts ... And strawberries... Oh and peanut butter lol!
Any of you preggers have any weird cravings??

awww tainted the thought of a baby moving inside ur belly is sooo cute!! im practically stalking my friend at work to see her baby kicks and watch her belly move on its own its such a miracle!!
hopeful i reallly should move im just praying for my interview to happen anytime this year that way ill know ill have 5 more years to spend here only

oh and the 2ww is horrible :( m stressing out i know i shouldnt and i know that i have small chances of being pregnant but i just cant help it!
the symptoms are being bloated but a bit less than the time of iui
being very gassyyy (sorry :$)
sore boobs
tired and sleepyyy (could be due to the spring weather)
but these symptoms could be due to the progesterone m taking as well
m just trying to be relaxed..

Mirna- ah your taking progesterone, well that is usually responsible for most pregnancy symptoms. It's okay to symptom spot and sorry the tww is treating you poorly. We are here to wait with you though, so talk all you want, we're all ears.

Tainted- glad to hear how ready you feel. As for baby kicking and moving, my little girl is doing the same thing. Hey wasn't it a few weeks ago I was complaining about lack of movement? Lol. I still have a swimsuit from last summer when I hadn't lost all the baby weight and it works great for me now. I don't remember if I commented on you saying you'd have another. There were moments I was dead set against it cause I felt so crappy, but I would do it a third time too, if it weren't so darn expensive! Lol

ER- the add was adorable, I have no doubt they will find him a great loving home and he'll be treated well! :hugs: I know this is so hard for you. I'm sorry your nothing is being unsupportive emotionally. How is your dad? Where does he stand?

Blessed- your one day closer! God I'm getting more and more excited for you!

Sugarlys- hope things are well. You must be getting close to gender, unless of course you won't find out. I don't know how ppl can wait, I couldn't.

Oh yeah, AFM, today was K's bday! 33 years old (I'm right there with him next month). He worked, and I decided to surprise him. I went and rented a cake pan to make him a big soccer ball cake, got fondant and everything! I made a rectangle base of 'grass' ( just dyed coconut on icing) then the ball sat on top. I covered it with buttercream, a sheet of white fondant, and used black dyed buttercream for the black parts of the ball. Wow lots of work but he LOVED it! So baby on cake this evening went crazy for a good hour and a half, we had family cuddle and book time and finally got him to bed a 9:30 (normally 8:30 is the latest). What a great night!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!
Mirna - good luck with the tww...fingers are crossed for you my friend!
Hopeful - exciting about the $$ for the mortgage - any houses you like yet??
Tainted - glad to hear you are getting ready...I don't feel ready at all yet so I am glad to hear that it will come. I have 17 days left of work so then I will have time to get excited and prepare!!

AFM, my ultrasound is today!! It was supposed to be Monday but it got cancelled because the tech was sick...argh!!! Anyway, I am SO excited for today! We are not finding out gender...want it to be a surprise. Deep down I am feeling that it is a boy. Not that I care, one way or another but let the record be said that I think boy! :)
Today is track and field at school so I am looking forward to a day outside (until I have to start drinking all the water..yuck)
I will let you know how things go tonight!

Whoops, I forgot to say "wohooo" Blessed!! When do you write boards? For some reason the 11th stands out to me...maybe that's the date? Yes, it'll be much better to do the transfer after the exam...then you only need to have one thing on your mind! :)

I'm coping okay. Still pretty bummed but if I don't think of him, I don't cry.

Let's see the night before yesterday I buried my sadness in a pint of Ben and jerrys, and yesterday I blew about $120 (home inspection money) on baby shower favors, big gifts for the games, and 2 new shirts and a robe. Whoops. But it made me feel better, and the house doesn't need inspecting yet.

Awww hopeful glad u had a great family day! We deserve those days don't we? And this little guy is moving all day long now and I think sometimes it makes me a little nauseated! But I love it none the less minus the kicks straight to my cervix... Those still feel really weird to me!
Hey Sugarlys I wish I could have been able to keep it a secret... However I just
Found it way too difficult here in Calgary to find anything gender neutral! If it was yellow it had dump trucks or flowers on it... Know what I mean? We finally picked a final first
Name and working on the middle! Do u have names picked for both? Good luck with your US today!
Mirna what day can you test again? I forgot I have preggo soggy brain! Lol and I have u and blessed in my prayers for pregnancy!

AFM.... I'm puking again!!! Ugh! Not all day long but first
Thing in the morning! Apparently the progesterone is on the rise again! How lovely! Im used it now tho and it doesn't bother me as much at all! Constipation is in full blossom for me, I drink tons of water eat bran coming out of my ears and prunes like its nobodys business... And yet I'm still constipated! Lol normally if I sniffed prunes I'd be running to the bathroom! Lol I have 7 shifts left and the hardest one is today and the rest will just basically be tying up the loose ends!
This is my last weekend with Phil... He's heading out on Tuesday night:( I'm gonna miss him but I REALLLLLLY love sleeping alone right now BC I'm finding it more difficult to sleep!
The last couple days it's been crazy thundering and lightning and Charlie has been keeping me awake BC he is afraid lol it's funy and cute! Anyways gotta get ready for work!
:)

ER- wow home inspections are cheap for you guys too! Another thing we shall have to spent much more on, but it's one of the smaller expenses. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Sugarlys- hooray for ultrasound day. Agh, your staying team yellow? I admire your willpower!!! Make sure you post us a few pics so we can guess!! So you think boy (70% of mom guesses are right, time will tell!)

So I'm starting to feel bigger. My tummy is finally in my way, hubby laughed at me last night when I almost pushed something g on the edge of the counter off when I turned to talk to him. Also I have noticed lots of small stains on my belly region of shirts, the catch all is there. Hint for you ladies with a belly, especially you tainted! Careful when using your oven or ironing, I burned my belly once last pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->