From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Wow faith 2 years off sounds amazing!! I'm hoping with my shifts I can work them somehow so I only need a couple of days childcare a month. Hopefully anyway!

I'm not sure if I have a bump yet or if it's just fat!! I've certainly put on about 2 stone since starting treatment in jan and I've ate rubbish to stop feeling sick. Hoping now I can eat a but better and control it a bit. Not been in my normal clothes since about 6 weeks lol

Oh and are any of you having issues with baby and bump?? I'm constant getting redirected to another page and it's so annoying!!

Hi ladies - nice to see everyone start thinking about when they will leave work! I am hoping to go to about 37 weeks, would like more time on the other end. But we'll see how things go. I will definitely take a year off. :)

I have been deathly ill the last couple of days. I caught norovirus and had to be hospitalized on Thursday for rehydration and IV antiemetics (had to try 3 different drugs before vomiting stopped). It was AWFUL! Lost 5 lbs! Baby's doing just fine, doctors say they are not affected at all, just have to be careful about dehydration, so that's why I was on IV fluids. Starting to finally feel alive again today. My DH caught the same thing two days before me, so at least I know how I got it.

Cmo, I'll take a year off too then probably go back for 3 days a week, I can choose my hours week by week or work from home and dh is self employed so shouldn't need childcare, of I do I've got 3 sisters and a brother who owes me many hours of babysitting duties!

3chords, that sound awful, my dh,mil and his uncle all had it once so know how bad you must have felt, we've also had it in the home where I work where over 20 people got it including carers family and I never got a thing after looking after the residents with it every day so think I must be immune to things like that, hope your feeling better and glad baby is ok you poor thing!

:hugs: 3C. So sorry to hear you've been poorly. I'm glad you're on the mend and your baby is fine.

We caved and paid for a gender scan today ........we're having girls, girls, girls :D :D :D

Congrats faith!! So exciting to have little sisters. :)

I think the count is now 4:2 in favour of girls on this thread!

Congrats on the girls, Faith! You get to buy dresses and bows!!!

Star: Are you drinking enough water? With my prior pregnancy, I called the doctor about once a week with various complaints. The nurse would always tell me one of two things. Either drink more water or come in for an ultrasound. And the water generally helped. You don't realize how much more you need when pregnant, until you start feeling crappy.

3C: That sounds awful! So sorry you had to go through that. But I'm glad the baby was never in danger.

Oh, long maternity leaves...I get zero days of paid leave. By law, they have to let me take 12 weeks of unpaid leave, but that's it.

Congratulations faith! So lovely to have sisters :)

First, I think I drink a lot but what I think is a lot probably isnt for pregnancy, your right about not realising how much more we actually need so I'll up the intake today, headaches are getting better but can always feel one lingering so probably is the water
Thats a shame about the maternity leave :( x

Ah faith that's amazing!! Congratulations!

First that's such a shame about your maternity leave. Will u need to go back to work after 12 weeks? Think we're really lucky over here. My first 6 months will be just shy of my full wage, then 3 months maternity pay then it's just the last 3 months with no pay. We're saving as much as possible aswell so hopefully we'll have about 9 months of bills etc saved to take the pressure off. I'll probably be better off than I am now lol

I'm saving my last 4 week's holiday so I'll take that and then the year off, would like to go now lol x

I'm doing the same star. Can't wait for it! Just said to DH I could happily finish up now!

Thank you everyone :).

We caved in because I had my first night of not having to wake up to eat. I was worried and thought it best to check on them. We got a dvd of the screening and some 4D pictures which was nice.

Regarding taking time off - well, crèche facilities here cost an arm, leg and any other appendage. We'd be looking at £600 a week minimum to put them in crèche. There are only so many pennies at the back of our sofa :rofl:. We have no family to support us nearby ergo the 2 year break. What's everyone doing for childcare then?

My boss is very supportive. For DS, he fought with the Human Resources dept to allow me to take 5 months off (unpaid). And says he will do it again. They originally said I could only take 12 weeks, but I think my boss has more clout than they do.

But lack of paid time off for childbirth is becoming a hot issue in the US. Maybe some will be required soon. But if so, I imagine it will be closer to 6 weeks than 6 months.

Childcare: we share a nanny with a neighbor. The other boy comes to our house. Each family pays a bit more than $400/week. It's a good arrangement for us.

Thats nice to have a supportive boss first, mine is too and makes life so much easier

Well I caved today and done a but of shopping, ended up spending £150 on baby clothes, bottle warmer and teddy, just couldn't resist any longer
So far ive got:

- Travel system
-Crib from sister
- 1 blanket
- Moses basket from sister
-Pregnancy pillow from sister
- Clothes and quite a few neutral bits from sister
- 6 bottles, 2 bags to keep bottles warm and milk dispensers from sister
- Steriliser I got half price
- Bottle warmer

Think I'm ok for a while but next thing I need to get is bedding, it's so fun!

Hope everyone is well today xx

star, that's quite the list! We don't have any big items yet, waiting for the anatomy scan, I see that as the last hurdle before spending real money haha. I do have a ton of clothes (some we bought and lots I got from a friend, still new with tags), a few receiving blankets, a sleep bag, toy bin and several packs of newborn Pampers that were leftovers from a friend.

Hi BMW! Hoping you are back here with us soon!!

star, that's quite the list! We don't have any big items yet, waiting for the anatomy scan, I see that as the last hurdle before spending real money haha. I do have a ton of clothes (some we bought and lots I got from a friend, still new with tags), a few receiving blankets, a sleep bag, toy bin and several packs of newborn Pampers that were leftovers from a friend.

Hi BMW! Hoping you are back here with us soon!!

Hi, sweety! Hope so. Got all my blood work done, just waiting for results now. Scheduled my appt with the nurse for the 11th. AF came on Saturday so hoping for my norm 28-29 day cycle this month, which will put me at baseline scan the last week of June!

Shouldn't be long now then beneath, will have everything crossed for you :)

3chords, I think my list is growing everytime my sister wants to get rid of bits out of her house!
My house is starting to look untidy until I sort the nursery lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->