From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Thank you all lovely ladies

Beneath, sorry of silly question but what is intralipids? I bet you will be celebrating very soon, it's come around quick, some people say fets can be more successful too so I have every faith this will be your forever baby xx

Star I'm so glad it's not just me feeling that way. I'm exactly the same, can't help thinking there's something wrong. I've got the midwife of wed so hoping I calm down a bit if I hear the heartbeat!

Thank you all lovely ladies

Beneath, sorry of silly question but what is intralipids? I bet you will be celebrating very soon, it's come around quick, some people say fets can be more successful too so I have every faith this will be your forever baby xx

Its an infusion via IV that helps lower the immune system so it doesnt attack the embryo.

Beneath, that sounds good then, I have everything crossed for you all will be well xx

Cmo, I think it's because I'm starting to feel more normal that I started to worry something was wrong, our bodies cant win whatever they do!

And everyone was right, just seen midwife and all was fine, she felt baby in the middle and we heard the heartbeat, at first all you could hear was the whooshing of the placenta, then heard the heartbeat coming through, from the heartbeat she thinks it's a boy lol and thats what I've been thinking last few weeks too, we'll see!

Beneath - I also hope that you're back here in full swing in just a few short weeks. :)

We sort of unexpectedly picked up our stroller today! I registered at a store that has a once-a-year stroller day, always this same Saturday in June so we went to see what kind of deals were available and picked one up. Chose the Bugaboo Cameleon over the Uppababy Vista, pretty sure I'd have been happy with either but the Bugaboo just felt so much smoother to me on different terrains - they set up the event outside in tents so that you can try the strollers on pavement, grass, hills, curbs, etc.

Star -- I'm sure baby is just fine!!!

Just popping in to update you, girls. Autoimmune blood work showed I have elevated NK cells. Not 100 percent this is what caused miscarriage since very little studies on autoimmune and infertility, but since all my blood work was clear and chromosomes on the embie was good, this is the only red flag. I will be doing Intralipids with my FET. FX it does the trick. Got a positive opk today so little over two weeks now and I can get started. Hope I will be in here by end of next month celebrating with you ladies!

Okay, don't shoot me, but when I asked my RE about the immune stuff, IVIG and all that, he called it quackery.

If you have had a successful implantation, including a chemical or early m/c, I think the vast majority of the time the problem is chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo. Testing the products of conception after a m/c or D&C is not necessarily going to reveal the abnormality because the embryo so small at that point that the lab might not be able to find it.

I believe that this was the case with my D&C. The results were "normal female". I think that was likely my tissue, not the embryos. If it had been male, that would be a different story.

Star -- I'm sure baby is just fine!!!

Just popping in to update you, girls. Autoimmune blood work showed I have elevated NK cells. Not 100 percent this is what caused miscarriage since very little studies on autoimmune and infertility, but since all my blood work was clear and chromosomes on the embie was good, this is the only red flag. I will be doing Intralipids with my FET. FX it does the trick. Got a positive opk today so little over two weeks now and I can get started. Hope I will be in here by end of next month celebrating with you ladies!

Okay, don't shoot me, but when I asked my RE about the immune stuff, IVIG and all that, he called it quackery.

If you have had a successful implantation, including a chemical or early m/c, I think the vast majority of the time the problem is chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo. Testing the products of conception after a m/c or D&C is not necessarily going to reveal the abnormality because the embryo so small at that point that the lab might not be able to find it.

I believe that this was the case with my D&C. The results were "normal female". I think that was likely my tissue, not the embryos. If it had been male, that would be a different story.

I know a lot of doctors don't believe in it.. But I've read and heard of lots of women who had failed implantation or early mcs and then were successful with intralipids so I'm willing to give it a try.

Morning Ladies!

Good to read that everyone is well.

I finally feel better and able to enjoy this pregnancy more. MS is gone....finally 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to gain weight! Eekkk. Close on our house and waiting to get the keys on monday. Baby bump is definitely bigger. The notary asked me when I was due. Told her not until beginning of October. The look on her face was priceless. I didn't volunteer tbe info that I was carrying twins. A few minutes pass by and she asked me if there is 1 or 2 in there. LOL. Told her 2. So yes....Definitely getting bigger!

My ankles are starting to swell more often. I'm not sure what to do with it. It makes sitting down at work or anywhere really difficult and painful after a while. I did purchase a womb wrap to help alleviate the bump weight and love it! It's a bit complicated to wear but so comfortable compare to the belt.

I'm so ready to move! I want to decorate the nursery and do a couple projects for the room.

We went to a large consignment sale for twins yesterday and got a few things. Definitely happy to get the snap n go twins for $20 and a few other things for the babies. I'm definitely looking forward to their arrival but going to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can since everything seems to be going well :).

How's everyone else doing?

ILT, I'm also having trouble with my ankles and I'm quite a few weeks behind you! The truth is it's been very hot and humid here and my OB told me there is really almost nothing you can do about it in this heat. If you can get a pair of compression socks and wear them at night, that helps a lot. Also, I was told to drink 2.3 litres a day minimum, if you can have more than that, even better as it will help your kidneys not retain it. I'm assuming your blood pressure is ok, but with swelling, always worthwhile to check it just to make sure.

I put in an order for about $50 worth of a whole pile of clearance baby clothes from Carters. Free shipping and I had a $10 off coupon so it was crazy cheap. They should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Anatomy scan tomorrow - happy it's here and also have scanxiety as usual...

Beneath: I definitely understand that. If it happens to be the thing that works, you'll be happy you did it! Fingers crossed that this is your cycle!

ILT: glad you're starting to feel better. And getting bigger! Exciting!

3C: I had foot pain when pregnant with DS (and it seems to be starting again). Compression socks did the trick for me. I wore them all day. I can't remember if I slept in them too.

AFM, tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my last bleed. The high risk dr said 4 weeks without bleeding means I'm back to normal :) :thumbup:

Morning ladies hope your all well.

Just back from the midwife. Got to hear our wee babies heartbeat for the first time. What an amazing sound! Could still cry just thinking about it!

Ahh thats lovely cmo such an amazing sound xx

Hey ladies! I wanted to join here.. Been stalking :)
I'm excited to say I am pregnant!! My transfer was 5/22 and the afternoon of 5/25 I got a faint bfp. That night frer showed a faint bfp and it kept getting darker! 7dpt I did a digital and it said "2-3" pregnant. My beta 10dpt was 609 and 12dpt was 2154. My ultrasound is in 8 days to confirm things. I think today is the start of "symptoms" as in feeling nauseous and just off. I ate some yogurt which helped some. I'm hoping this is a sticky bean!! I'm 5w3d today :)

Hi MoBaby! Can't wait to hear about your scan. I really have a strong girl feeling for you. :)

I had my anatomy scan on Monday. They wouldn't tell us anything, I really hate how the techs are not allowed to give you any info. And I don't see my OB until Wednesday so I wait another week for all the measurements. Baby was super active, turning and twisting and we got a nice tour of his organs, etc and some pics so that was great. Almost halfway!!

Hi MoBaby! Can't wait to hear about your scan. I really have a strong girl feeling for you. :)

I had my anatomy scan on Monday. They wouldn't tell us anything, I really hate how the techs are not allowed to give you any info. And I don't see my OB until Wednesday so I wait another week for all the measurements. Baby was super active, turning and twisting and we got a nice tour of his organs, etc and some pics so that was great. Almost halfway!!

Awesome! My high risk OB always says that movement is a great sign...for everything (less likely that there are abnormalities, more likely that growth is on target, etc).

Sounds like all going great 3c, glad scan went well

Ive still got til the 26th June til mine, I'm so impatient! Feels like I'm getting bigger by the day at the moment and feeling more stretching going on which is reassuring, just wish I could feel movement as that would be so reassuring every day

Hope everyone else is well x

Mo!!! Congrats and welcome!! Let me know when is your EDD if you want me to post it on the front page. So excited for you!

Cmo, yaayy for awesome appointment.

First, it feels good to not have to worry about bleeding anymore! :D. Yayy

3C, I hate waiting! Hopefully time flies for you.

Nothing much going on with me. This friday I will have to spend about 3 hours at the hospital between ultrasound, OB appt, and Preterm labor class. Eekk. Starting next week, the nurse will call me on weekly basis to check whether or not I am in labor. Told my husband and sister that I talked to my nurses and doctors more than I talk to my mom! But, I am happy with the excellent care I received so far from my hospital. Couldn't ask for more :). Babies are growing...ankles are growing too! hahahahaha. And I definitely have gained some weight!

How's everyone else doing?

I have bad news. Last night I started cramping. Bleed some and passed a large clot. Right after I passed the gestational sac. Cramping eased off after that and I had a scan this morning that confirmed the loss. I had an unofficial scan yesterday which showed everything was okay just yesterday afternoon too. So I'm not pregnant anymore. Heartbroken doesn't describe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->