From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

*Gate Crashing*

Hi ladies! I am so sorry to jump in here, but I was wondering if any of you exercised during stims? I want to go to the gym with DH and do light exercise, but I have read a lot of conflicting information.

Thanks in advance and sorry!

Rosina, awesome pic! I totally understand the tiredness. I've been reading but too tired to come up with replies! I know..it's horrible.

Bump! So glad to hear that your MS is easing. Yayy for a good scan.

Star, hope you have a good scan today.

Dazed, I was told light exercise. Nothing high impact. Then again, my RE was pretty conservative. Light exercise = light sweat...damp...not drenched. What did your RE recommend? I'd follow his/her recommendation since different RE has different recommendation.

My sheet doesn't have any recommendations until after ER. I have a monitoring appt int he morning, so intend to ask then. Exercise currently keeps my sanity!

Hi dazed

I ran during my first week of stimms but was far too bloated after 1st week and everything felt too heavy. I never done anything after er or transfer as I was too scared so I left it until my 7 week scan. Doctor told me at 7 week scan that my ovaries were still too swollen so it's walking or swimming only now until after baby is born.

Hi dazed, I didnt but I dont exercise anyway lol, my ovaries felt too heavy though even if I wanted to bit see what your clinic says, good luck!

Thanks ladies! Been stalking for awhile now, so I'm happy to finally say have a H&H remainder of your pregancies!

Dazed - I exercised but not to the point of exhaustion. I'd do a 30 min walk with the dog in the morning and then maybe 20 mins on the arc trainer or 20 mins of light weight training. Once I got to about day 7 of stims, I was too bloated so I just did the dog walking.

My RE just basically said to me no hardcore training in the couple of months leading up to IVF (by hardcore he meant training for a triathlon or something like a half marathon) b/c it tends to increase testosterone which has a negative effect.

Thank you dazed, have you started stimms yet? Hope you can join here soon :)

Oh yay! Someone else that does the ARC trainer! Thanks. I think I may stick to walking the dog.

I started my stims already and went for my day 5 ultrasound and bloods today. All is on track! Thanks for asking! I hope to join you all soon as well!

Dazed: no twisting or anything too vigorous. I think your enlarged ovaries can twist if you do the wrong type of movement.

Thank you First! I was actually made aware of that at my initial consult. My sheet only say's no strenuous activity after ER/ET. I've only been to the gym once and got on the ARC trainer at low intensity for an hour and that was day 1 of stims. Didn't even work a sweat! I've done nothing since but walk the dog and do a little archery.

You ladies are so lovely for helping me!

Hi ladies, scan went well, baby wouldn't stop moving today and got some great pics, actually got 13 and some in 4d so I'll post them tomorrow, have another scan with them 11 days after my 20w scan
From head to hip baby is 7cm and weighs 4oz, heart rate was 159 and heard it for the first time
She also said my placenta is at the front so will feel kicks from the sides but probably not much at the front

Hope your all well today?

Ooh also got my pram today, it's a Mamas and papas travel system so will last up to 3-4 years of age
Amd has a car seat and all the accessories, should have been about £1000 but got it for £790 as was on sale and dh asked for another 10% off the accessories, car seat and carry cot so think we got a
Good deal! Also got a steriliser to go with the new bottles my sister gave me as she never used them, so fun to be buying bits now :)

Star! That's not bad at all! Yaay for a good u/s. It's always a good thing :D. You never know, the placenta could move later on and you'll feel kicks, punches, and squirms everywhere :D. Especially after you eat...well..at least mine squirms when I eat something.

Dazed, good luck on the retrieval and transfer!! I hope to see you soon here :D. A few weeks with no hard exercise = successful IVF is priceless :D. Come back and let us know how the process goes for you. :).

Dazed, hope you're over here with us in a couple of weeks. Please keep us updated.

Star glad the scan went well!

My mum and dad are getting my pram for me so we picked it on Sunday. I've gone for the silver cross pioneer one. It comes with carry cot, buggy part and car seat. I went for the maxi cosi car seat tho as my friend is giving me her isofix base so the silver cross car seat wouldn't fit but the maxi cosi fits the wheels for silver cross pram. It's all so confusing lol

I've also picked my furniture for baby's room and off to get my cot this week, luckily my gran is buying that so all the big expensive stuff is taken care off. Thought we'd get it while we saw it and it can just lie in the boxes and we'll build it nearer the time.

I'm loving all the baby shopping!! Anyone else started buying?

Sounds great, Star! With my DS, the placenta was in the front the whole time, and he was the strongest kicker ever! When I would spoon my DH at night, the baby would wake him up by kicking Daddy in the behind :haha:

Hi ILT! When did you start feeling movement? I'm on the look out but think it could be a bit early

star - scan sounds like it was great! Always good to see an active little tyke in there.

CMo - nice looking set of wheels. :)

We've started buying a few clothes, but I am still very superstitious so will wait until our anatomy scan on June 8 to buy the major/gear items. We will most likely get a Bugaboo Cameleon (2nd choice would be the Uppababy Vista), with the Maxi Cosi Prezi car seat. I've tested a lot of strollers recently, a couple in store but mostly trying out what my friends have got. That's how we came to pick ours.

star - scan sounds like it was great! Always good to see an active little tyke in there.

CMo - nice looking set of wheels. :)

We've started buying a few clothes, but I am still very superstitious so will wait until our anatomy scan on June 8 to buy the major/gear items. We will most likely get a Bugaboo Cameleon (2nd choice would be the Uppababy Vista), with the Maxi Cosi Prezi car seat. I've tested a lot of strollers recently, a couple in store but mostly trying out what my friends have got. That's how we came to pick ours.

You sound like a New Yorker! They all have Uppababy or Bugaboo. The Vista can take a second seat, so I'm looking at it for two kids. That or the BabyJogger City Select, which is about $400 cheaper.

My CityMini GT has been great for one kid and costs less than half of those others, fyi. From what I hear, if you plan on walking more (i.e., you live in a city), the Vista has a bigger storage area. But it's heavier. If you're going to be folding the stroller and putting it in a car, the CityMini is lighter and easier.

I love the bugaboo cameleon, that was my other choice in navy but the other was a bit more lightweight, it is all so confusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->