From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

I hear you CMo. I am done 4 weeks this Friday...feels like an eternity.

It can't come quick enough 3chords, I'm done in!! My feet are constantly aching!

Congrats Faith!

8 weeks left for me... Omg I can't believe I'm going to get bigger than this!

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Hey everyone :)

Hope you're all well, does anyone else get cramp in their legs at night?
I get only in my left leg and normallly wake up as its starting and I somehow move and it wears off, not this morning, it hit me full force making me shoot up in bed and shout out, poor dh had only been asleep for an hour after working all night wondered what the he'll was going on! My legs still tight now, hurt sooo bloody much made me even more scared of giving birth if I can't even cope withba leg cramp lol, just annoying that ita only the left leg but then the left side is where I always get my sciatica pain so maybe ots more vulnerable

Speaking of which I've got my physio appointment thurs so hopefully that will help
Week after I've got first appointment with health visitor ready for when baby's here and the following day have midwife, can't believe its already been over 2 weeks since I last saw midwife, makes me feel like it's going even quicker!

Hi star,

I have been suffering with bad leg cramps and restless legs too. So annoying.
Think they say stretching before bed and warm bath helps. X

Hi star - I also get leg cramps in just one leg at night but they are not too bad so long as I move right away into a better position. I actually got really bad ones when I wasn't pregnant and was told to take extra magnesium, but I'm not sure if that's ok now. Maybe ask the midwife?

I had my 33 week appt with my OB and she gave me measurements from the growth scan they did on the baby at 32 weeks. He is huuuuuge! Over 95th percentile and was measuring 5lb8oz at 32 weeks (when the average is around 4lb4oz). My diabetes has been very well controlled, my numbers are great, alas he is still big. Maybe not so surprising given my DH was 9lb13oz and I was just under 9 lb.

Kind of relieved I am having a c-section to be honest.

Jings 3chords, you're in for a big baby. Remind me....what is the reason your having a section, I know I've said already but I'm blaming baby brain!

I've a feeling I'll have a big one too!! Was picking up some outfits for hospital and for going home and I stood for ages trying to decide between the up to one month size and the 0-3 month. The up to one month says it does up to 10lb so I'm hoping they fit!

I had 2 myomectomies, one of which was abdominal to remove fibroids so I already have a c-section like scar and the odds of uterine rupture would be too high so off to c-section I go!

Ahh he's going to be a gorgeous big boy 3c!

Cmo, I've bought quite a few newborn bits and yesterday was debating the same as you but got the ones up to 10lb and some 0-3, I don't know what she weigha but think about 3.5lb at the moment, I was 6lb 12 and dh 9lb
Hope you're all well!

Forgot to say I had physio yesterday and my pelvis is out of place which explains the pain! My left side is higher than the right and the knee pain is because my knee joints are too high as the muscles are so tight, I've got some exercises to do and have to check pelvis position throughout the day
Yesterday she showed me how my putting my hands either side and seeing of they were level, after she showes me the exercises and moved me about for an hour they were level, I've tried it this morning but I'm obviously not very good at it as my hands are still wonky! Since finishing work though it feels a lot better but explains why I was in pain being on my feet all day, constantly up and down stairs and bending up and down!

my nursery is finally finished! just need curtains going up today and nursing chair being delivered weds, I helped dh with it fri and paid for it fri with my knees even tough I didn't do a lot!
ill attach some pics but theyre not very good, couldn't get a good angle, my chair is cream and white and will be next to the drawers/changing table

Attachments

• nursery1.jpg
    nursery1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 11
  • nursery2.jpg
    nursery2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 6
  • nursery3.jpg
    nursery3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 5
  • nursery4.jpg
    nursery4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
  • nursery5.jpg
    nursery5.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 9
Aw that nursery is so cute! I love, love the wallpaper. Looks really good and playful.

We just have a couple of wall shelves to put on this week when DH is back from his business trip on Thursday and then I'll take some pics. :)

Thank you 3c, I didn't want to go all pink and girly in case we (hopefully) have anymore in the future and it's a boy, the other spare room is a double and already decorated girly so that will be ready for this little one when she's older!

Star your nursery looks lovely!

Dh is building our furniture this week but still can't finish it until baby is here and we know what colour we can do.

Right.....this will make your eyes water....girl from works granddaughter was born yesterday, she was 11lb9oz!!!! Ouch!!!

OMG was it a vaginal birth? I'm in pain just thinking about it!

Thank you cmo :) we had to get nursery done now while dh took time off after his busy weekend last weekend so he can continually work now until the birth so he can then take about 3 week's off or as long as I need him to!
I hope shes not late as dh wants to work the busy times over Xmas, people going out to parties etc so if she's up to 2 weeks late would take his time off up to Dec, though he would probably then just work the busy nights

I really can't wait anymore, I've just my new tumble dryer ans spent the last 2 days washing all her clothes and putting them all away so I'm definitely ready now and just want her here!

star - I hear you! All our baby clothes are washed and folded/put away as well, as are all the blankets, swaddlers, etc. I need to pick up a sleep sack that is thick (2.5 TOG) as Canadian winters are harsh but that's pretty much it. I've packed the baby's hospital bag and now need to work on mine, which is my goal for this week. I'm at the stage that I've just about had it with all the pregnancy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->