From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Glad to hear you are doing well first and babies, you must be excited to get them home
My pelvis is much better since finishing work thank you, physio again tomorrow :)

I won't be keeping everything in the cot, it's just for decoration, she won't be sleeping in there til at least 6 months so sheets will need a another by then anyway!

Hope everyone's well, not long to go now, her kicks are so strong now and always on the right sidewwhere she always seems to have been positioned with her head down quite low, probably won't be long before I can feel how low that actually is! I feel like I've had a growth spurt too, clothes I haven't worn for a couple of weeks definitely feel and look different!

Hey ladies!

Faith good to hear from you! Glad the babies are doing well. Hope you're doing well too and recovering nicely.

How's everyone else?

I'm almost there at work, 2 weeks today I'll be finished! Can't come quick enough! Had my first antenatal class today, to be honest she never told me anything that we wouldn't already have known.

Star I know what u mean about kicks getting stronger. Not sure if it's a hand or foot or what but def feel something poking out every now and again. Still have days where I don't feel quite as much movement as others and I end up in a panic!

Have any of you read about IVF pregnancys not supposed to go over 40 weeks? Something to do with the placenta stopping to work. I know it's the same for any pregnancy but I've read it a few times about ivf babies. I've got the midwife tomorrow so I'm going to mention it to her. I've now got a total fear about the baby being late!

I haven't heard that IVF pregnancies end early but my OB does like to do extra ultrasounds on IVF patients towards the end to make sure placenta is functioning ok. So maybe there is some truth to that? I honestly don't feel like this baby is in any hurry to leave, too bad for him he's getting evicted either way haha.

I am still measuring big - he was estimated to be 6lb10oz at 34 weeks. She told me that in reality he could be a bit smaller b/c his head is measuring large and that tends to throw off the weight measurements. Either way, not buying many newborn diapers...

Hi Ladies, I finally has a little energy and time to write. It looks like everyone is prepping for the babies arrival. Yayy :).

Kaye, not too long for you to go now :)

Loving all of the nurseries pics!

The girls are home now and they are on 4 hr feeding schedule. They are eating more everyday, I can't keep up with my pumping. Unfortunately, they don't latch well and when they latched....10 minutes later they fell asleep! Grrrr. I actually just recovered from blocked milk duct. Had a fever of 102 yesterday and shooting pain on my nipple. Still have some blocked duct but no fever anymore...Yaaayyy.

FYI, take the giant pads that the hospital give you. I actually put a pack in my bag and asked for more. Don't forget the disposable undies. It fits so well especially when you are between sizes. My stomach shrunk very fast but not fast enough to fit into my regular undies but maternity undies were too big. Otherwise, enjoy the ride ladies :).

I kept trying to post pics of the twins & kept getting a msg that it's too large. I'll try to crop it later. Babies are sleeping so I better try to sleep too :)

Do good to hear from you ilt and that you are doing well with the babies at home
You must be so happy and tired at the same time!
Can't believe still how far we have all come, my sister sent me a youtube link the other day of another couple's ivf journey, it was just in pictures and writing with music in the background 're Glenn's and how they got pregnant on second cycle after first one was cancelled and it made me cry, happy tears though!

I woke up with bit of stomach ache last night, bit like period pain and bit like when you really need to wee, was going to call midwife but seems better today, bladder is just constantly full and always on the toilet which doesn't help!

Hope you are all well today?

ILT, great to hear from you! Must be a lot of work with the girls but they also must be crazy adorable together. Sorry to hear about some of the breastfeeding difficulties.

I'm happy because it's OCTOBER. I am definitely having a baby this month, one way or another. :)

Yay for having a baby this month 3c!

I've just Been to maternity due to quite bad period pain in stomach and back last night and watery discharge, all ok though and a swab showed it wasn't waters
Going for a growth scan in next few days as she's quite small but not overly, she's under the middle line on the graph but think they're just been extra cautious because of it being ivf

Hope you're all well xx

Good luck at the growth scan star25! Do you know what you and DH weighed at birth? If you were smaller babies or are smaller adults, then it wouldn't even be surprising to have a smaller babe. So long as healthy, size doesn't really matter. :)

I'm readying for my last week of work. It will truly be such a pleasure to be able to just have my own schedule, wear whatever I want around the house, catch up on lunches with my friends, etc.

Oh star are u ok? I wonder if it's quite normal at this stage cos twice now I've had that dull tummy/period pain achy feeling. Hope scan goes ok!

3C we're so close! I've got 4 shifts left and can't wait. My last one is a nightshift so I finish a week on wed morning.

Thank you ladies

Cmo I'm feeling better now but it was just like my bad period pain I used to get, a horrible reminderof af!

3c I was 6.12 and dh was 9lb, I don't really trust the fundal height measurements but my bump isn't massive for this stage, both my sister's little ones were 6.12 each and I used to be quite slim lol runs in the family taking after my Dad x

3c I was 6.12 and dh was 9lb, I don't really trust the fundal height measurements but my bump isn't massive for this stage, both my sister's little ones were 6.12 each and I used to be quite slim lol runs in the family taking after my Dad x

I've never trusted fundal height.

According to FH, I am measuring exactly on track. According to ultrasound I am 3 weeks ahead. So one has to be completely wrong haha. I tend to think it is FH because DH and I were both big babies + I have gestational diabetes.

Hi all

According to scan she's around 5lb now, fundal height was saying 4lb5oz so she's not too small
Had a Good scan and she was sucking away at her feet really quick saw her mouth opening and closing quickly lol then licking

I'm so tired today and babysi

Meant to say and babysitting my 1yr old niece all day, I'm sleeping better at night as in not laying awake for hours on end but so uncomfortable just toss and turn all night, so ready for her to be here now!
Not long for you 3c!!

Hi ladies

Hope your all ok. Will catch up on all your posts.

Just wanted you to know Aaliyah Hope arrived on 4th October 11.56am weighing 5lb 15.5oz. Perfect in every way. 37 weeks 2 days. Xx

Good luck ladies with all your deliveries xx

Congratulations Kaye! Welcome beautiful girl! And what a lovely name. :)

October 4th is a great day - it was my grandmother's birthday and actually also my original due date, but I came a couple of days late.

Enjoy your first days with her!

Congratulations Kaye! Beautiful name for a beautiful baby, hope you're well xx

Congratulations Kaye! What a lovely name!

I'm getting impatient now! Ready for baby just to be here. Been packing my hospital case today. God I have a lot of stuff!!

Congratulations Kaye! What a lovely name!

I'm getting impatient now! Ready for baby just to be here. Been packing my hospital case today. God I have a lot of stuff!!

You probably won't need most of it!

There's not a lot of stuff in the case it's just bulky with the nappies and maternity pads etc

What are you taking to wear? I've put in a vest top if I use the pool, another one to put on when I come out the pool, a pair of pj's and a pair of lounge pants (which I might just wear to come home)

I've got 3 outfits for baby, one for first day, one for coming home and a spare babygro just incase

I've also popped in a change of top and boxers for dh incase we're there a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->