From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

My hospital has given me a ludicrous list of items to bring in, like I will literally need a giant suitcase. Part of it I understand is because of the c-section and staying in longer, but part is just nuts.

- Pillow, blanket, clothes and toiletries for 2-3 days for DH. OK, I get that, he'll be staying in the room with us. Pillow + blanket alone are just bulky and take up room.

- For me they said: PJs (every time I've stayed at hospital I've just stayed in the hospital gown, as I honestly don't care and if I bleed all over clothes, let it be theirs), slippers (fine), robe (again, can use theirs), 4 pairs of disposable underwear + pads (ok, I realize they've stopped giving these out for free), toiletries (ok)

- For baby: 3-4 onesies (why that many?), 3-4 footed sleepers (why that many?), 3-4 receiving blankets (wtf), one pack of newborn diapers (ok), one pack of wipes (ok), appropriate warm clothes for discharge (ok), car seat (ok), 3-4 pairs of socks and hats (wtf), scratch mittens (ok), petroleum jelly (ok)

I just don't understand for the life of me why he needs 3-4 full outfits in the hospital? My assumption was we'd just dress him when he's leaving and he'd otherwise be swaddled in hospital gear as was every other newborn I've ever seen in the hospital. I mean, I packed what they said but that's a full diaper bag right there!

So much stuff eh! Luckily we only live 10 mins away from hospital so if I need anything desperately dh can nip home or my parents stay right round the corner from me so they can bring stuff in if needed.

There's not a lot of stuff in the case it's just bulky with the nappies and maternity pads etc

What are you taking to wear? I've put in a vest top if I use the pool, another one to put on when I come out the pool, a pair of pj's and a pair of lounge pants (which I might just wear to come home)

I've got 3 outfits for baby, one for first day, one for coming home and a spare babygro just incase

I've also popped in a change of top and boxers for dh incase we're there a while.

Pool? Like for a water birth?

3C: I'm in shock! The hospital provided most stuff for my DS. And they sent me home with extra diapers, wipes, swaddle blankets, disposable undies for me, ice packs to put in my undies, etc. The only things I used from my bag were my going home outfit and my son's. I even used their disposable toothbrush and toothpaste.

I guess DH did need clothes and toiletries, but he was able to run home (5mins).

Yeah first, quite fancy a water birth.

From the sounds of it all our hospital provides is milk, towels and a gown if needed. I've heard that they are going to stop providing milk as well to encourage breast feeding, not sure if there's any truth in that!

CMo, that's the same case here. They provide basically nothing but the sheets, towels, gowns and formula if needed.

Then again since I've paid $0 for my maternity care and the c-section and hospital stay will also cost me nothing I suppose I shouldn't complain!

Yeah first, quite fancy a water birth.

From the sounds of it all our hospital provides is milk, towels and a gown if needed. I've heard that they are going to stop providing milk as well to encourage breast feeding, not sure if there's any truth in that!

I was interested in that too, but I don't think they offer that in hospitals in the US. You have to either do it at home or at a non medical facility. I wasn't willing to take the risk. It's great that you have that option!

Aw that's a shame. Think water births are a lot more common here now. In the birthing centre, which is midwife led for low risk patients, they have a pool in each room and I think most of the rooms on the labour ward have pools as well

I'm going for a pool birth too all being well, just think it's looks more comfortable, not that none of it probably will be but I'll try!

I've got 2 bags to take, 1 for each of us, just looks a lot as some of it takes up room like nappies and dressing gown

Hello how's everyone doing?

Finally made it to the end of work and finished this morning!! Thank god!! Now the countdown is officially on!

Yay for finishing work cmo!
Even though I finished a few weeks ago I've been doing a few hrs here and there just in the office to add to my hol pay this month then maternity will start

I'm feeling quite good today, last couple of days heartburn and nausea have been through the roof and I keep getting a muscle type pain or ache in my right ribs, anything is worth it though
A month to go!!

Yay for being done CMo! I finished on Friday and am loving it. Exactly 2 weeks to go for me. :)

Baby measured 7lb 15oz at 36 weeks so he continues to be biiig!

5 weeks to go!!!

Hard to believe that this time last year we were all just meeting for the first time, getting ready to start our journeys and now almost all our babies are here! Can't wait to go through the next part with u all!!

I keep thinking that cmo, on the 20th of this month I started stimming and ec was 31st oct and now a year later Shes nearly here!
I'll have to start paying for storage of embryos this month!

I was just talking about paying for storage earlier this week. I can't remember if mine get stored for one or three years. Got until March anyway.

This time last year we had just had our first referral consultation, we didn't even meet the consultant until mid November. Pretty much be about a year from start to finish! Definitely the most whirlwind year of my life!

At this time last year our November cycle got cancelled because the RE was going to be at a conference when my retrieval would happen and we were both SUPER disappointed. But then we went ahead in December. In some ways it seems like a million years ago.

I had a bit of bad luck yesterday, badly rolled my ankle in grass while out with dog and turns out I have a fractured heel (calcaneus) bone. UGH. It is not a big fracture, it's not displaced, alas it hurts a lot and I'm now stuck in an air cast for at least 3 weeks and then will get new x-rays done. As you can imagine not ideal, definitely not looking forward to having to have this stupid cast on when baby arrives (in 12 days!!). On the other hand I recognize that it could have been much, much worse, a worse break, or I could have fallen instead of just rolled ankle, etc.

Oh no 3chords! Hope your ok! I'm an orthopaedic nurse so know what your going through! Keep rested and off your feet xx

Sorry to hear that 3c, hope you're been well looked after xx

Hi All :wave:

So, my induction was scheduled for 4 weeks from today, but might be moved up a week. I'm ready! Getting so tired. My poor DS wants me to carry him and play with him, but the best I can do is sit him on my lap and bounce my knees :)

Yay FirstTry! Does it feel good to have a provisional date? Were you induced last time?

I have 9 days to go...crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->