From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Hi star .
Breast milk is fine in the fridge at the back for 5 to 6 days. You can just keep topping up that one bottle throughout the day then just freeze.
I used to get a few bottles then freeze in the bags. I used to freeze in 200ml a bag. Aaliyah still only 9lbs now at 10 weeks and feeds between 2 to 3 oz a time.
I've finished breastfeeding and expressing but have a freezer full that I'm working my way thru

I prefer freezing smaller volumes, generally 3-4 oz per pump 'n save bag so I usually don't collect in the fridge throughout the day, but freeze as I pump. Right now I am exclusively pumping and getting about 35-40 oz total and I've reduced it to 6 pumps per day, so every 4 hours. Henry only eats about 25-28 oz so I freeze or refrigerate the rest to have supplies ready.

Thank you ladies that's a big help
I'm going to start so I have a supply when we stop bf

She's been a pickle yesterday and last night, just constantly feeding but not for long tJen falling asleep then every time I put her down somewhere she cried
So glad when dh got home after working 12 hrs, only had 4 hours sleep last night which I know is better than nothing with a newborn lol
Hoping today will be better, got to venture out to dr as think I've got a uti so will start the pumping to orrow

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is doing well and babies are thriving!

Can I ask what may be a stupid question?? We're just doing the nursery now we know what colours we can have and I'm looking at cot bedding (just browsing online for ideas). Some are 3 piece and some are 5 piece. Do I need a duvet or what? What is actually included?

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is doing well and babies are thriving!

Can I ask what may be a stupid question?? We're just doing the nursery now we know what colours we can have and I'm looking at cot bedding (just browsing online for ideas). Some are 3 piece and some are 5 piece. Do I need a duvet or what? What is actually included?

SIDS prevention guidelines say only use a sheet in the crib. No bumpers. No blankets until 12 months. So, you only need one piece! Most people I know get new bedding when the child gets a bed around age 2 or so. So, the crib comforter is never used.

Thanks first. I've got the sleeping bag things, the ones that her arms go I for when she's in her cot so I guess the top sheet is really just for show? I knew bumpers need to come off when they're in the cot just wasn't sure about a top sheet x

Thanks first. I've got the sleeping bag things, the ones that her arms go I for when she's in her cot so I guess the top sheet is really just for show? I knew bumpers need to come off when they're in the cot just wasn't sure about a top sheet x

Yes, I use the sleeping bag things (I've heard them called sleep sacks or wearable blankets). When it's cold, I put the baby in a long sleeve onesie, with footie pajamas on top, and a sleep sack. They say use one more layer of clothes on baby than what an adult would wear to feel comfortable. The temperature in the room should be 68-72 F (is that about 20 C ?). Don't dress baby too warmly though. That's another SIDS risk factor, overheating.

There's lots of info on SIDS prevention online. Here's one article I recently read to refresh my memory: https://www.parents.com/baby/health/sids/new-ways-to-prevent-sids/

It can all get overwhelming and create a lot of anxiety, especially with your first baby, when you are figuring it out. But you're doing great, mama!

Thanks first!

Can't believe it's almost Xmas! This time last year we were all just getting to know each other and preparing to start treatment, now we're looking forward to Santa with our beautiful babies! Hope you all have a fantastic Xmas!! Xxx

Here's my little lady getting in the festive spirit. I've no idea how she's 5 weeks old already!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 7
Oh my goodness, so sweet!

I know what you mean. I can't believe my DS is 7 weeks old.

She's so gorgeous cmo!

I think it's confusing as all the cot sets come with everything so you don't know what to use!
Madeleine sleeps in crib in our room with just sleeping bag at the moment
It's still quite mild here so I put their heating on for just an hour before we go to bed and it stays warm enough through the night without been too hot and stuffy
In the nursery the cot is set up with everything as came in the set but that's just for show at the moment and will probably just do the same with a sleeping bag when she goes in there
Will save the bigger blanket and there's another heavier cover for when she's older or when we change it into the cot bed

I know can't believe it's Xmas and all our precious babies are here
Previously I've always thought to myself at Xmas 'next Xmas I need to be pregnant orhave my baby' and by some miracle were here!
So grateful

My friends are just starting ivf so praying they are just as lucky

I've got some last minute shopping to do today, went yesterday with Madeleine but she was having another day of constantly feeding and was a bit awkward always trying to find somewhere to feed
Bonus was people kept letting me in front of them in queues!

She weighs 8lb 11 now so put on 5oz in a week, So far I've got 3 bags of milk in the freezer, haven't had chance last 2 days as she's been feeding so much!

Hope you all have such an amazing first Christmas with your babies xxx

it is first , though we also have cribs here that are smaller than cots an d the cribs here are usually swinging ones used til they go into their cot at about 6 months
Madeleine is in a crib in our room and will probably be in cot in the nursery about 6 months

how was everyones Christmas?

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas...still have to pinch myself that my baby's here sometimes, especially like star said when I used to imagine what xmas would be like with a baby. Feel really blessed everyday with him :)

I was going to ask you guys about the grow/sleep bags. We heard mixed views about using them with newborns but now he's 1 month I'm considering getting some, especially because blankets on and off whenever we pick him are driving me nuts lol!

Has anyone progressed to baby wipes rather than cotton balls/pads and water as yet? Also is it ok to start using baby oil on his skin now? We've heard the do's and don't for newborns but not aware of when we can start introducing these things?

Anyone up to much for new year...except sleeping of course! ;-) x

Hi bump. Glad you had a good xmas!

I've been using baby wipes for a while now and they seem ok on her skin. I've also used baby oil from when she was about 2 days old. Her skin was so dry and flaky that the midwife said to use baby oil or olive oil. I've been using baby bath/shampoo as well lately with a little oil in her bath to help moisturise her skin.

Thanks Cmo, that's really helpful. Might start giving the wipes a go soon. Silly question I know but do you still use baby oil on her skin after a bath with it added, or do you use the oil at other times?

I use it on her face in the morning as it still can get a bit dry. I just put it on some cotton wool and dab it round her cheeks and forehead. I still use it on her body after her bath as well as in it (I've only been bathing her twice a week just now and just top and tailing every morning) She loves getting it massaged in. I also picked up a little angels baby moisturiser for dry skin from asda that I use in the morning after her wash.

Hui bump, I have just been bathing with water but from this week was going to start using some baby products as her skin is a little dry around ankles and wrists and sometimes face though she also has the baby spots at the moment so her face is also a bit oily

I've been suing sleeping bags the whole time as feel safer with them as she seems warm and comfortable with them
you might find them better too if he's not keeping the blankets on

I'm still using cotton wool when we can but use the newborn pampers wipes when were out and haven't got access to warm water and they seem fine on her skin and she doesn't seem to mind

We're having a night in alone tonight as dh will be working til 4am but all we will do is sleep anyway!

Happy New Year!!!

2015 was an amazing journey with all you lovely ladies can't wait to see what 2016 brings and to share the journey of our little miracles with you all!! Xxx

Same to u cmo! Aside from giving birth this is going to be the best year ever, I'm glad Christmas is out the way now and can start getting back to normal

Are we allowed to stay on this thread now we've had our babies or should we be starting another one not in the pregnancy forum?

Be good to keep this thread going though for when other ladies get their bfps, hoping to see beneath here very soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->