From uk living in Dubai...anyone else??!

Dubaigirl

Reaction score
Hi
Would love to have a bump buddy as this is my first I'm 33 and petrified! Living away from home has really brought the home sickness clear! Would love to connect/meet with others in Dubai... I am due early sept 2013 x

Hey again,

I am 31, from Surrey, almost 6 weeks with nr.1 and so very petrified I can't believe it! I have wanted this for so long that I didn't expect to feel so nervous. I have stupidly been looking online at all the things I am going to need and am honestly panicking! I know nothing about all of this!! I mean, how do you choose a bottle steriliser??!!:dohh:

Have you been to see a dr yet? Where in Dubai are you living?

L
x

Hi lallie
Tell me about it, all these forums are panicking me a bit! Some of the stuff you read is very worrying! Well I have been having a bit of hassle with my insurance. Supposedly in the new year welcare which city hospital is part of have been taken off insurance, and there were a few obstetricians that has good reviews from there. My only option now is Medcare which I have heard some mixed reviews. I went to see an obstetrician from Medcare in jumeriah a couple of days ago and had first scan, she thinks I am just 5 weeks, you could see the sac but nothing else and told me to go back in 10 days then she can measure it properly! I am so scared every time I go to the loo I think there is going to be blood! Sorry I know that's not nice! Anyway how about you?? Have u seen anyone yet? I am living in the marina at the moment and am working full time a s a teacher x

Oh no! My clinic is part of City hospital group.... I really hope it hasn't changed! I had looked into Medcare, mainly because it's a fair bit cheaper than City but also saw the bad reviews. I love my Obgyn and she delivers at City.... I have to say health insurance here drives me nuts, mine (through DH's company) insures you for maternity up to 250,000 AED in Abu Dhabi but only $3,750 (13,800 AED) in Dubai :grr: DH was saying he wanted us to consider Abu Dhabi so that he knows money is absolutely no issue but it the insurance does completely cover complications so I reckon in an emergency it would be ok. I need to get a look at the new 2013 policy.

I have an early scan tomorrow because of my previous pregnancy being ectopic so we want to check that there is at least a sac in the right place. Don't expect to see much else though!

When did you find out you were pg? How's DH coping with the news?
L
x

Hi
I found out on 27th dec, by boob were killing so I knew there was something up! I know insurance is a nightmare! I have no choice in we're I go and am worried about Medcare. Who is your obs at city? My insurance is with oman, and I read that mediclinic formerly welcare has raised there prices dramatically from feb 1st so a lot of companies r taking them off insurance!! Anyway I am actually a secondary PE teacher but teach primary PE out here. It's going to be interesting waddling around the AstroTurf at 7 months pregnant!!! Haha x

Oh my goodness I found out on the 27th too! The bbs are just ridiculous, I don't even know what to say any more!!

I am worried about medcare too, even wondering if Latifa might be better. My obs is Dr Amal Badi, she was trained in and lived in Switzerland for many years. She works out of the EHL (now Mediclinic) clinic in the meadows which is where I have been going but she delivers at City. I read that too about the price increase after you wrote your message yesterday. Trying not to stress too much though! The baby has to come out somehow :haha:

I am a dance teacher so will also look hilarious at 7 months pregnant trying to leap around the studio! At least we will have the summer off when we get truly huge. Will you go back to work next academic year or will you stay home?

Omg woke up today and can't bend over as my bbs are killing!!!!! Hahaaha....and this is just the start!!!!! Our maternity leave is just ridiculous....only 40 days!!!!! At least I will have 2 months in summer to relax...apart from the heat!!!! I have to go back after the baby as we get the accommodation through school and my husband is not a teacher, we just couldn't afford to just have one of us working and pay for accommodation. I can take 100 days leave but no pay, which will take me to Xmas, so might have to do that!! Have u had your scan yet???? X

Just back from scan- everything we hoped to see was there! Gestational sac and a lovely yolk sac inside it!! Phew!!

I will also need to go back to work, straight after the 40 days actually as my boss is a bit of a nightmare.

Just about to go to work for the first time in 2013, I do 6 day weeks from Jan to April :cry: Would really love to meet up with you soon but realise that may be difficult with our schedules as my teaching is always after school so from 4-8. I finish early on Sundays though (5pm), maybe that would work for you? Which school do you teach at if you don't mind me asking?

L
x

Oh brill!!! That's great news! Sundays are good or I finish at 1.30pm on a Thursday so whatever is best for you! Where abouts do you live? I teach at gems Wellington international school on sheik zayed x

I live in the Springs... I work til 7 on Thursday's this term :( If you could manage a Sunday that would be great!

How was first day back? Was it just staff today? My day was manic but I got a fair bit done so am happy!

Hey mpg this week has been manic! I've been ok during the day but so tired by 8pm!!! If I give u my email maybe we can chat and add each other on fb if you have it?? Then we can organise a meet up for a coffee.....decaf of course!!!!.....god how I miss wine!!!! Anyway my email is [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->