"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

me and DH have our names decided already too and I'm not even preggo yet lol.

What are your name?? Do share...

I don't know if I want to share yet as I'm stupidly worried that it might jinx it or someone might steal them lol. I know that's silly.

Every time I share names I'm thinking of, someone steals them! One of my husband's cousins always gets pregnant at the same time as me, and she has taken every single girl name I had put aside!:sulk:

I havent told anyone the names we have chosen as I do not want anyone stealing them either (well you ladies know but thats all) I have mentioned our list of names but thats all. Luckily no-one has picked our main name....although I keep changing my mind daily.

xxxx

M names are so weird and different no one will want them.... LOL Thats what I think anyways. Im not worried about stealing. All my friends have had their babies. Im the last.

Ladies...heres my bump comparrason.

6 weeks vs 35 weeks.

Attachments

• 6 week bloat!.jpg
    6 week bloat!.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 35 weeks.jpg
    35 weeks.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 9
Looking great, C! :thumbup:

TTC ladies, :hugs: I am excited for you too! I am really hopeful that there are BFPs in your future very soon...hopefully sooner than our babies will be here, but it won't be too long either way!!

C, I tried perineal massage for 3 or 4 days this week and then gave up. I kept pulling a muscle. :lol: I could ask DH to do it but I know he wouldn't want to, and I don't care enough. I know it's a good thing to do, but I just couldn't keep it going. I'm doing other things to prepare for labor...that will just have to NOT be one of them.

Regarding washing, all of our clothes are washed (since most of them are secondhand and can't be returned), and other than that I think one bassinet sheet and the mattress protector...I should probably wash the blankets we're taking to the hospital. It's the tradition thing I guess, I want as much of it as possible to be returnable until baby is here safely. We'll have to do loads of laundry as soon as we get home. Or maybe I'll ask my parents if I can leave it at their house so they can do it for us while we're in the hospital! I hadn't thought of that.

I'm not worried about anyone stealing our name...it wouldn't occur to anyone who doesn't speak one of our other languages :p I do have one friend whose wife is pregnant with a boy who is the only person I could imagine actually using it, but he hasn't asked!

It's not for public online consumption...I'll PM you :) (and anyone else who is interested, just let me know! I won't be posting it publicly after he's born either. it will be on FB though.)

Okay I'm going to try to reply without going back and quoting, so I may forget some things. :)

As far as laundry goes, I think I've done 6 or 7 loads in the past two days! I've now washed all our baby blankets, crib sheets, and 0-3 sized clothes. Haven't gotten to washing the bigger sized clothes yet, I just put them away in drawers for now. I figure there is no rush for that, I'd rather get everything else done plus laundry was wearing me OUT! Our washer and dryer are in our garage and it's been getting up to around 105 degrees here the past few days, going out into that garage to do laundry is like stepping into an oven.

We'd already gotten all of our bigger items from the Ellen show awhile back, so everything has been put together for awhile. The stroller, crib, pack n play, mamaroo, etc. As far as other furniture goes, we have a small dresser and a nightstand and that's it. Our pack n play has a changing station on it so I figured we didn't need an actual changing table. The nursery is so close to being done now! We have some decals to put up and a few more things to find places for but for the most part, it's pretty much done :)

c1403 & seaweed- as far as perineal massage, I honestly don't think I could even if I tried. I don't think I could possibly get in a position where I could reach that part of me lol maybe I'll try seeing if I could reach in the shower today but honestly I'm not too terribly worried about it either and I definitely don't want my husband to do it for me! And I'm sure he's grateful for that lol

c1403- Cute bump! And I am WITH YOU on the 38 week thing! 38 weeks sounds perfect, plus that happens to be the week that my in-laws will be out of town lol I feel so bad saying that but oh well, they're the ones that planned their trip out of the country 2 weeks before my due date :p Heck, I might even ask my doctor if he thinks I could start at home methods for getting labor started and see what he recommends :)

Ladies
How did you do your gender reveals to your friends and families?
I have an idea but Im not sure which route I want to take yet.

Ladies

I was sooo excited after we found out (sort of) at our 13 week scan, I just sent a bunch of text messages as we were leaving the clinic and then went around squealing at all my work friends "GUESS WHAT IT'S A BOY!" :p Didn't have the patience for anything cute, plus it wasn't confirmed at that stage. But I think it's neat to have a big gender reveal...my hairdresser's niece is due the same week as I am and she was planning to do the thing where she took a note from the u/s tech to the bakery and had them bake a cake with pink or blue frosting.

Ladies

I was sooo excited after we found out (sort of) at our 13 week scan, I just sent a bunch of text messages as we were leaving the clinic and then went around squealing at all my work friends "GUESS WHAT IT'S A BOY!" :p Didn't have the patience for anything cute, plus it wasn't confirmed at that stage. But I think it's neat to have a big gender reveal...my hairdresser's niece is due the same week as I am and she was planning to do the thing where she took a note from the u/s tech to the bakery and had them bake a cake with pink or blue frosting.

I was too excited too, our doc told us at 12 weeks it looked like a boy, so we just started telling everyone close to us it looked like a boy but we weren't positive yet :) Then after the anatomy scan, we made calls to our family to let them know then announced it on FB.

I'm torn about the cake reveal thing. I think it would be cool for just close family and your closest friends but not a big party. I just wouldn't want to burn people out if that makes sense.

That's what we are going to do too. However my bff is going to be going with us to the ultrasound, so she will know and we wont. She will bake the cake or I will give her money to order one or something. We always do a "Friends Thanksgiving" on the Sat after normal Thanksgiving here. I believe thats when we will do the reveal. Its going to kill me for my best friend to know before I do. I couldn't do a note. I would bust into it. She will have to know...

Aww thats a nice idea but I will be tearing my hair out to know.

For us we were supposed to stay team yellow and it wasnt till the end of our 22week scan that we caved in and found out.

I send a text to my mum/sister right away saying its a ..... and they called me right back and didnt believe me when I said we found out (as we were 100% we would stay team yellow)

We only started telling others once my sister decided to throw a shower for me, mainly because we wanted pink/girly gifts lol we have loadssssss of gender neutral stuff so need a bit of pink lol....how selfish is that of me though lol.

OMG Ladies the furniture is driving me and OH mad, its flat packed and the instructions are awfulm taken us 2 hours to do half of the wardrobe....still have cot, wall units and changing table to do!

I would NEVER be able to not know. The most I will have to wait after my scan will be 2 weeks. Hopefully!!

Cool thing is is that mine and hubbies anniversary will be the day beofre we find out!

I think I'd end up knocking my friend down and choking her until she told me..... good for you, being able to wait!!!

C, the wardrobe should be the hardest part I would think? :hugs: Flat packed furniture is a pain to build! Definitely not looking forward to putting together the dresser once we get it.

Stefanie, I believe I probably speak not only for myself when I say you are invited to some of our houses to help out ;)

If I could I totally would! when its my turn I'm gonna find it so difficult to wait for DH to help me because I'll just want to do it all lol.

New beta results from Tues 1386!!!

So from last Thursday at 127 to this Tuesday I'd quadrupled!! Woohoo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->