"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

Has anyone else tried this labor prediction quiz? I think it's cute.

https://www.justmommies.com/quizzes/labor_prediction_quiz.php

I don't know. I'm still in a normal level pattern for a singleton though. I guess we will all find out on the 27th! Im gonna be on pins and needles until then. EEEK! No more beta checks for me Im done!! WooHoo! :happydance:

What did you get on the quiz, Shante? I don't know enough details to get a good estimate, I think. (Don't know my own birth weight or anything about DH's birth.) I get overdue, 7.5 lb, 11 hour labor, born in the morning. I think all of those are probably the quiz's default for first time moms except for the labor estimate, which is adjusted down slightly (just from 12, I think?) b/c my mom's was quicker than average.
I mean, that said, it all seems pretty likely to be true :haha:

either way it sounds like a very healthy bean you have there! :thumbup:

What did you get on the quiz, Shante? I don't know enough details to get a good estimate, I think. (Don't know my own birth weight or anything about DH's birth.) I get overdue, 7.5 lb, 11 hour labor, born in the morning. I think all of those are probably the quiz's default for first time moms except for the labor estimate, which is adjusted down slightly (just from 12, I think?) b/c my mom's was quicker than average.
I mean, that said, it all seems pretty likely to be true :haha:

It was from another thread, but you go to justmommies.com website. Under pregnancy and labor. I think your results are good. 11 hours isn't bad for a first time labor. I have attended 2 of my cousins first births and they were closer to 19 hrs. I got 2 to 3 wks early, 6 hours, and a 6.3 lb baby. Sounds good to me. :haha:

Not if she was already 6lb 3oz last week! :haha: But otherwise that sounds about right, don't you think?

I would be pretty happy with 11 hours, especially if it's natural! My mom's first one was something like 7 hours so I have my hopes up just a little for even quicker...but then again I rarely take after her in anything. She had no MS in any of her pregnancies :p

hahaha. Here was mine:

You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 7 hours long.

Not if she was already 6lb 3oz last week! :haha: But otherwise that sounds about right, don't you think?

I would be pretty happy with 11 hours, especially if it's natural! My mom's first one was something like 7 hours so I have my hopes up just a little for even quicker...but then again I rarely take after her in anything. She had no MS in any of her pregnancies :p

If you are going natural with no pain meds and you are managing well and not tensing, it should go faster. My cousins were really hurting and afraid to ask for epidurals, so they were tense. I had to ask for them because they were too afraid to speak up. On top of that the epidurals slowed things down for them too. Your mom had it good, LOL. Fast labor and no MS, sweet.

hahaha. Here was mine:

You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 7 hours long.

Sounds good as well. My 4th child was the complete opposite of all my other kids. He was the only one to make it to my due date (even came a week late), he was over 8 lbs (others were all less than 7), he was posterior and I had back labor. I cried at my 37 week appt when my OB said my cervix was still closed. I told my doc he would be delivering me for sure the next week because none of my other kids made it to 38 weeks at that point. Joke was on me 3 weeks later when I had to go in for induction. :dohh:

Wow jcombs! You or your OH must have been born fast/early! That's awesome...anyone would welcome that news :thumbup:

If you are going natural with no pain meds and you are managing well and not tensing, it should go faster. My cousins were really hurting and afraid to ask for epidurals, so they were tense. I had to ask for them because they were too afraid to speak up. On top of that the epidurals slowed things down for them too. Your mom had it good, LOL. Fast labor and no MS, sweet.

Yeah...I hope to go natural, as you know! We'll see. I'm afraid of being induced, but even if I am I still want to avoid the epidural if I can!

My mom DID have it good...but I think she had trouble TTC, so I'm glad to have avoided that thus far.

It would be so cool if some of the Sept. 13th ladies went into labor on the same day. What are the odds? LOL.

hahaha. Here was mine:

Sounds good as well. My 4th child was the complete opposite of all my other kids. He was the only one to make it to my due date (even came a week late), he was over 8 lbs (others were all less than 7), he was posterior and I had back labor. I cried at my 37 week appt when my OB said my cervix was still closed. I told my doc he would be delivering me for sure the next week because none of my other kids made it to 38 weeks at that point. Joke was on me 3 weeks later when I had to go in for induction. :dohh:

My first had to be induced 2 weeks early because of my blood pressure. Then my second was 4 days before his due date, and then my last one was 5 days late! Then my labor with oldest was 14 hours, second - 6 hours, and third - 4 hours, so I'm wondering why this one is going to be so long! haha

Seaweed, the only reason I didn't opt for an epidural with my first is because initially I was afraid of getting paralyzed from the needle. I have no clue where I got that from. I prepared for a natural birth but ended up using Demerol. It was hard for me to cope being as though I was alone. My husband didn't make it in time. The demerol did nothing but make me drowsy, so I caved and asked for the epidural. Luckily the anesthesiologist didn't make it on time and I had an almost natural first birth. I was pretty proud of myself doing it alone. And the nurse said I did well for being a teenager. She said she had seen women cry and snap and curse from the pain. All I did was moan.

hahaha. Here was mine:

My first had to be induced 2 weeks early because of my blood pressure. Then my second was 4 days before his due date, and then my last one was 5 days late! Then my labor with oldest was 14 hours, second - 6 hours, and third - 4 hours, so I'm wondering why this one is going to be so long! haha

Haha. You are like me. It could go either way for you. Early or late, shorter or longer labor. Guess we have to wait and see. My fastest labor was a little less than 4 hours, but that was an emergency situation.

Wow jcombs! You or your OH must have been born fast/early! That's awesome...anyone would welcome that news :thumbup:

Yeah...I hope to go natural, as you know! We'll see. I'm afraid of being induced, but even if I am I still want to avoid the epidural if I can!

My mom DID have it good...but I think she had trouble TTC, so I'm glad to have avoided that thus far.

I don't know about DH, other than MIL says he didn't hurt her at all. With me, I had to be delivered c-section because the cord was wrapped around my neck, but don't know how long mom was in labor with me before that happened. And actually, 7 hours seems kinda long since my 2nd was 6 and my 3rd was 4! lol

Seaweed, you and I both hope to labor without an epidural. Hubby will be there to help you, so I'm sure you will make out fine. I will have only my aunt and two cousins, and I'm not sure how much help they will be.

Jcombs, I think the 7 hrs includes early labor when it isn't that bad. At least I'm hoping because mine said 6 hours. I think 6 hours of intense labor would drive me crazy.

I'm having a craving for a cake. I'm tempted to buy a whole cake and eat it. But that would be greedy, so I'm going to run out and get a water ice instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->