"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

OMG I cant beleive sunkiss has gone in...thinking of her today.

Ladies, I am going down the no pain relief route too, I plan on using just gas and air and water for pain relief....however if it hurts bad and I cant cope then ill consider other options.

I am going to do the predictor thing now so will post my results soon.

xxx

From what I have heard from ladies in other threads, gas and air works wonders to help during labor. Too bad we don't have that option here in the US. You will be just fine though. Just be sure to research all your options before you go into labor, that way you know the pros and cons of each choice.

Lots of people have said its good and also that it makes them feel sick so we'll see.

I worry about epidural as my mum had it with me and they got it wrong 3 times and shes had problems with her back ever since, plus she still felt pain.

I guess I'll just see how I go once it all happens. I know I definalty want a bath/pool as that is great pain relief for me whenever i feel under the weather, been having 2-3 baths a day during this pregnancy.

I have put in my birth plan that I'm not opposed to any intervention etc as long as they get the baby out safely, obviously I do not want forceps/csection if I can help it but if they say I need it then I will not hesitate.

Cant believe its coming round so fast...eeek x

C, ice cream and cookies don't sound too bad. And you eat a healthy breakfast, so that is good. I have to eat cereal every day for breakfast. Sometimes I eat it after dinner too. I'm a cereal addict. LOL

Well, looks like Sunkiss is the first among us to deliver. I'm so excited and happy for her. I was sure it would be me because my girls always gave me problems. I guess this one wants to at least make it to 37 weeks. Hopefully I'm next. I better be next, LOL.

Jewelz, if you email Sunkiss let her know that at 35 weeks Fayth will be just fine. She will also be a nice size and most likely will go home with her and OH. Let her know we are all thinking about her and are cheering her on.

OMG I cant beleive sunkiss has gone in...thinking of her today.

Ladies, I am going down the no pain relief route too, I plan on using just gas and air and water for pain relief....however if it hurts bad and I cant cope then ill consider other options.

I am going to do the predictor thing now so will post my results soon.

xxx

From what I have heard from ladies in other threads, gas and air works wonders to help during labor. Too bad we don't have that option here in the US. You will be just fine though. Just be sure to research all your options before you go into labor, that way you know the pros and cons of each choice.

Lots of people have said its good and also that it makes them feel sick so we'll see.

I worry about epidural as my mum had it with me and they got it wrong 3 times and shes had problems with her back ever since, plus she still felt pain.

I guess I'll just see how I go once it all happens. I know I definalty want a bath/pool as that is great pain relief for me whenever i feel under the weather, been having 2-3 baths a day during this pregnancy.

I have put in my birth plan that I'm not opposed to any intervention etc as long as they get the baby out safely, obviously I do not want forceps/csection if I can help it but if they say I need it then I will not hesitate.

Cant believe its coming round so fast...eeek x

Wow, they got the epidural wrong 3 times. That really sucks! With my second child I had an epidural, but they had to put it in twice. I was so annoyed because it didn't work. And to have to sit still through the contractions for them to do it twice was terribly hard for me. My back is ok, but it does act up at times. Once in a while I have back pains where they placed the needle. But I can't complain because some women have it worse. And then some women have no problems. It's good to have your preferences, but have an open mind at the same time.

Well, looks like Sunkiss is the first among us to deliver. I'm so excited and happy for her. I was sure it would be me because my girls always gave me problems. I guess this one wants to at least make it to 37 weeks. Hopefully I'm next. I better be next, LOL.

Jewelz, if you email Sunkiss let her know that at 35 weeks Fayth will be just fine. She will also be a nice size and most likely will go home with her and OH. Let her know we are all thinking about her and are cheering her on.

I will surely write her and tell her that for you.
I'm going to send her a note from all of us if all. If you ladies want to say something to her, tell me and I'll send it over to her.

Here is the first note I sent to her this morning.
Sunkiss,

All of the ladies on BnB want to wish you good luck. We are all super excited for you and thinking of you today. May you have a fast and easy labor.

Father, be with our sister Indira(sunkiss) today as she bring new life into this world. Help her to have strength to endure the pain that comes with childbirth. Ease her pain and fill her with an overwhelming sense of peace and serinity. In the mighty name of Jesus! Amen

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Darn you West Coast, I must be the last to read this news!

Sunkiss hon, once you read this -- sooooooo excited for you and Fayth :happydance: hope it's a smooth and fabulous delivery for both of you! Happy birthday little girl!!

I hope my water breaks right before my labor starts. That way at least I know I will make it to the hospital in time. I am going to start wearing a thick pad when I turn 37 weeks just in case it happens the way I hope. I plan to work up until my labor starts and wouldn't want any accidents at work.

Wow shante you are determined. I will be quiting my job when I'm 8 months along. You go girl!!!

Yes Jewelz!! I was the same way with all my kids, but luckily my labor started on my day off with each of them. I don't see a need for me to sit at home waiting for my labor to start. But that is just me. And my job only gives 6 wks paid leave and 6 wks unpaid leave. So I would much rather use all the weeks after the birth. Actually, this time I am using my 6 wks of paid leave and then resigning from my position with the state. I am going to need money to make my transition.

Good for you Shante, I admire you so much for your admirable work ethic! Gotta take care of those babies.

Ladies, how do you plan to handle the night time feedings and changings? Are you going to alternate with DH/OH, or is just one parent going to do it all?

:hugs: OMG yay Sunkiss! So happy that you get to meet Miss Fayth today. Praying for you both!!

Good for you Shante, I admire you so much for your admirable work ethic! Gotta take care of those babies.

Babies are expensive, but I think older kids are more expensive. Especially when they enter school. I will have 4 in elementary and 1 in junior high this year. The little one will be at home with me. For now, grandma watches him while daddy works. She is out of work right now, so she loves having him. When I get there, I will be able to enjoy time with him alone. I haven't been a stay at home mom since I had my 4th child in 2004. So I'm really looking forward to it until I start school in the Fall 2013.

Ladies, how do you plan to handle the night time feedings and changings? Are you going to alternate with DH/OH, or is just one parent going to do it all?

I'm hoping DH will help with changing and soothing, but I'll be on full-time feeding duty at least for the first few weeks since we are hoping to breastfeed exclusively. Even after I can start pumping, DH will be working full time and I won't for a while (the plan is to be back part time around 3 months and f/t around 6) so I'm ok with having the bulk of it, but I would still like him to help when he can. Hopefully by the time I'm back to work the baby will be sleeping slightly longer stretches at night.

We're both pretty good sleepers so we're hoping for a kid who likes to sleep as much as we do! :baby:

Seaweed, that sounds like a plan. I am one who can't do without sleep. Needless to say, I had a rough time with the night feedings. And I only had to do it with my last baby. My husband had an overnight job, so I was forced to do it. Luckily for me, my hubby is a night owl. With my first 5 kids, I went to bed at 10pm and didn't have to wake up until the 5 or 6am feeding. My hubby went to bed around 2 or 3am since I've known him. So we decided to allow him to do the night feedings, that way he can sleep as long as he wants during the day when I took over. And he enjoyed it.
With my last child when he was first born, I had to be up all night with him and then get up and go to school. I had two weeks left of the semester and didn't want to drop out at the end. It was dreadful and I thought I was going to die. LOL. When the semester was over, I was so excited to get a 4 week break to sleep during the day until the next semester started. I think when you find a balance that works for the three of you it is much easier to handle.

Ladies this message is from Sunkiss. She sent it to my facebook!

"Hey jewelz, going to be induced today, water has ruptured, please tell the ladies for me n keep us in ur prayers, docs r not worried n said we should be just fine, I will keep u posted, can't log on to the site"

SHE'S HAVING FAYTH TODAY!!!

OMG this seriously made me cry!!! Please tell her congratulations, good luck and I'm so happy for her!!! I cant believe Fayth is almost here! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->