"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

Jcombs, I am uncertain if urine and blood hcg concentrations differ. But I do know with my last mc, I had gotten positive urine results for 4 weeks afterward. Hoping that is not the case for you. Maybe your urine hcg is higher than your blood, if that is possible. Sorry that things are still up in the air.

I think she probably means quantitative and qualitative blood tests. She may want the qualitative to see how much hcg is in your system. I don't want to scare or discourage you but this happened to me when I had my miscarriage. I was testing postive on HPTs including a digital but when my Dr. did betas they were really low and didn't rise and I ended up miscarrying the day he phoned me with the bad news. I am not saying that this is happening to you but it may be a possibility and I would always rather someone tells me the truth and not lie. I hope that this is not the case for you and you are just one of those women who are pregnant even though tests show that they are not! Thinking of you Jcombs and praying for you!

I am so excited about winter pregnancy...I actually am going to try to plan our next pregnancy that I get pregnant the end of the summer and give birth by spring so I don't have to feel so horrible during the summer. We will see how that planning goes lol My Dr. scratched the top of my babies head the last exam I had with RJ, it was so weird!

Thing is I don't even know when and if I've miscarried. Well it's obvious that I probably have. What I mean is, I haven't passed anything that seemed to be product of pregnancy. Will I continue to get bfp's until it has passed or been removed?

Thing is I don't even know when and if I've miscarried. Well it's obvious that I probably have. What I mean is, I haven't passed anything that seemed to be product of pregnancy. Will I continue to get bfp's until it has passed or been removed?

Well first and foremost, we are going to hope and pray that you haven't/don't miscarry. Second, I had passed the products of pregnancy and still continued to have a rise in hcg. My blood tests were even still positive and my hcg numbers rose until about 3 weeks afterward. Finally they started to drop. The doctor thinks some remained because they never did a d&c. It passed naturally and I was pregnant again my next full cycle.

I hope by some miracle, all is well in there, but all these negative tests have really messed with my emotions, and they have confused me. So I'm going to stop getting my hopes up. If everything turns out fine, it will be a wonderful surprise. Part of me just wants to go to the er, but my gut just keeps going against it.

Jcombs I havent got any advice as I dont really know all the medical terms, I really hope all is well and you havent had a mc.
If it turns out you have dont give up trying, alot of us ladies had early mc's and have gone on to get pregnant again very soon after (for me it was my very next cycle)

Thinking of you xxxxxxxx

Jcombs, the only advice I can give you is I’m almost positive you probably are NOT having an ectopic. I got positive beta's and a high (and rising) hcg levels when I had mine. Hun, it actually sounds like you might have had a chemical. I'm not any kind of expert at all and I’m not saying that what has happen but I’m pretty sure you can rule out an ectopic.
I would ask for an ultrasound on your next beta appointment to just make sure.
With my ectopic they could never find a sac. That was my first clue something wasn't right. I really hope you get some answers soon. I know how frustrating it can be. It’s agonizing!! Much hugs and love to you today. I'll be praying for you.

Thanks Jewelz. I went to yet a diff ob/gyn today. They also said if it was ectopic, it WOULD have shown up in the blood test. They did a pelvic and an u/s, and there is nothing. As my spotting is now heavier, they said it's no longer classified as spotting and to count this as an AF. They couldn't explain the positive hpt's, but I agree that I've had a chemical. I've had bfp's before, and no matter how much I thought I was, there was no line. There is obviously some left over hcg in my urine, and I have heard that it takes longer for it to get out of your urine than it does your blood. Yep, pretty sure it was chemical!

That being said, I have mourned this loss for a long time now, and they gave me the go ahead to start trying again and also put me on pre natals. So now I am on cd 4. So so happy to be out of limbo!

Thanks Jewelz. I went to yet a diff ob/gyn today. They also said if it was ectopic, it WOULD have shown up in the blood test. They did a pelvic and an u/s, and there is nothing. As my spotting is now heavier, they said it's no longer classified as spotting and to count this as an AF. They couldn't explain the positive hpt's, but I agree that I've had a chemical. I've had bfp's before, and no matter how much I thought I was, there was no line. There is obviously some left over hcg in my urine, and I have heard that it takes longer for it to get out of your urine than it does your blood. Yep, pretty sure it was chemical!

That being said, I have mourned this loss for a long time now, and they gave me the go ahead to start trying again and also put me on pre natals. So now I am on cd 4. So so happy to be out of limbo!

Glad you found some answers. Praying for you and sending you sticky dust for your next BFP. I'm sure it will happen soon for you. Take care of yourself.

i'm glad you've had some answers jcombs, i'm sorry its not the one you wanted.

afm, i called the hospital today and finally have an appointment for my transvaginal u/s!! apparently when the request came in they didn't change my address so they sent it to my old one. the appointment is on August 31st so i still have to wait another 2 weeks but at least i have a date now!

Forgot to mention my OB said baby's head is posterior. Now I have to work on turning her around. I had some anxiety about a posterior baby, but I quickly worked through it. Either way, I can still have a positive, unmedicated birth. I am researching now and doing some preparation. In looking back at my only posterior birth, the baby was 1 week late and labor lasted forever to me(not to mention back labor). But I'm bearing in mind that every baby and every birth isn't the same. Trying some positive self-affirmations. Anyone else's baby in posterior position? Heading to work for a few hours. Hope everyone has a nice day.

hi shante <3

jcopmbs, i'm sorry

i thought i o-ed the day before yesterday and now im not so sure. my temp hasnt gone up much (though this could be due to temping five hours earlier than last week) and tmi, im still wet. -doesn't cm dry up after o? are there exceptions to this? ....i have had ewcm a few days later, like in the lead up to bfp or af, but usually, doesnt it dry up right after o? anyway, i still think i o-ed, but there's more ambiguity than i expected. my mood has lightened.... that's not a great sign either though is it? cause isnt progesterone supposed to go up and make ya feel like half pms-y? haha. yesterday i was thinking, yay! i bet there are TWO eggs! I want twins! ...today, im just hoping i really managed to o! xo

Hello there horsey!! :hi: Sorry I can't help with the temping. I tried it a few days one cycle and then gave it up. Hoping you O-ed as well.

horsey, have you tried adding a higher temp in for tomorrow and seeing what happens. It might just need one more temp to predict o for you.

that's what im betting on. it wont let me enter future temps though. im also thinking that our timing with the bd may not have been as good as i thought if i o-ed yesterday instead of the day before....and im also thinking maybe we'd better get on it tonight just in case!

UPDATE: Tee hee. Steph, scratch all that, yay :). If I get a higher temp tomorrow, it will put the crosshairs down yesterday :) thanks for the tip. now if only i could say screw it to the early schedule tomorrow and wake up at a reasonable time, i'd for sure get crosshairs. ...maybe if i get the higher temp on friday, it will still look good. kind of ridiculous how happy charting can make ya :)

I'm going to start charting and temping. Any suggestions? It seems so overwhelming~!

that's what im betting on. it wont let me enter future temps though. im also thinking that our timing with the bd may not have been as good as i thought if i o-ed yesterday instead of the day before....and im also thinking maybe we'd better get on it tonight just in case!

UPDATE: Tee hee. Steph, scratch all that, yay :). If I get a higher temp tomorrow, it will put the crosshairs down yesterday :) thanks for the tip. now if only i could say screw it to the early schedule tomorrow and wake up at a reasonable time, i'd for sure get crosshairs. ...maybe if i get the higher temp on friday, it will still look good. kind of ridiculous how happy charting can make ya :)

i know what you mean, some days how my chart looks can dictate my mood for the day lol.

I'm going to start charting and temping. Any suggestions? It seems so overwhelming~!

fertilityfriend.com is the best as far as i've seen, if you click on a ticker for it saying 'cd....' in one of our signatures it will take you there so you can sign up.
then you need a bbt thermometer which measures to 2 decimal places eg 97.53F. you can get Fahrenheit or Celsius depending on your preference, i got mine from amazon. then just take your temp the same time each morning as soon as you wake up before doing anything, not even speaking, drinking or getting up or anything. just input it onto the website and it'll track it for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->