"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

Thanks! I had already gone there and just got an email back so I can learn how to do it. Do you have to use a bbt thermometer? Can it be done with a regular one?

use a bbt thermometer. i got one at target that i really like - it's pink and white.

and my advice is dont get too hung up on accuracy. just do your best to temp when you wake up or the second you remember and always write it down right away. patterns will start to emerge.

i use the fertility friend ap for iphone and love it

Oh darn. That means more waiting til I can get to the store! lol. Don't have an iphone, cause it's hard to get service here, but I do have my computer!

keep a notepad and pen next to your bed, with said thermometer. you can use target dot com instead of making a trip!

I've got the android ff app on my phone and I love it too. It makes it much easier to input the info as I don't have to turn my laptop on especially.

Oh another thing about temping, is the website will tell you that you have to do it at the same time every day, and only do it after something like 4 or 5 hours of solid sleep. But I know at least in my case, I didn't wake up at the same time every morning, and it was NEVER after that many solid hours of sleep as I've always been the type to have to get up to pee several times a night. Sometimes I had gotten up to pee just an hour before temping, and I did it for 7-8 months and every month there was still always a very clear temperature shift indicating ovulation.

So what I'm saying is don't stress about doing it at the same exact time or only after a certain amount of uninterrupted hours! The whole thing is really easy if you use fertility friend, and in difficult times it'll always give you at least a tiny little something to look forward to :)

Jcombs, I'm so sorry. :hugs:
Temping is a really great tool, and I'm excited for you to start this next chapter.

Jcombs sorry to hear that you had a chemical, at least you now know and can concentrate on your next cycle, get in plenty of BD xx

I had a early chemical the cycle before I got my bfp....I had a few BFPS and then AF/Chemical a week later, and then 4 weeks after that I got this BFP with no other AF in between....fingers crossed its the same for you.

As for temping, I cant help as I never tried it and it seemed way to complicated. Good luck to you all though.
xxxxx

I got an update from sunkiss today!! She says she misses as of you ladies and she hopes to check in sometime today.

So I have had my second day in a row now that I have had a puking session after lunch. How fun! Hormones.....

Jcombs sorry to hear that you had a chemical, at least you now know and can concentrate on your next cycle, get in plenty of BD xx

I had a early chemical the cycle before I got my bfp....I had a few BFPS and then AF/Chemical a week later, and then 4 weeks after that I got this BFP with no other AF in between....fingers crossed its the same for you.

As for temping, I cant help as I never tried it and it seemed way to complicated. Good luck to you all though.
xxxxx

Thanks! I think it seems complicated too! Whenever someone starts talking about it on here, I'm like, "huh?" lol :shrug:

The nice thing about temping is that if you use FF, and especially if you're also on BnB, it's really not that complicated! All you need to do is take and record your temps, and you can totally outsource all of the interpretation to the automatic FF software and to geeks like me who enjoy looking at charts. :p

I agree with you all, it seems super complicated at first and overwhelming, but all you need to do is check your temp first thing in the morning, write it down, enter it into FF and the rest is taken care of by FF :)

That's what it seemed like to me as well, after I got on the site and looked around. I can't wait to get started!!

jcombs, in case you need any more convincing, i think temping is going to be good for you like it was for me. when things get confusing, it can give you a clearer idea of what is going on. like after my last mc, i could see very clearly that my temps corresponded to hcg going down and that sort of thing. i wasnt temping during my chemical (my first bpf about a year ago) and the NOT KNOWING what was going on in my body really made me mad! i think if i had been temping, it would have been less traumatic for me. also, even with this last mmc, since my miscarriage, i have had that feeling like i am so sure i am pregnant, but i'm getting neg prego tests, and the temping and clear view of where i'm at in my cycle has helped me avoid a lot of the messing with my head mixed signals my body and mind have been sending me. ttc is really a mindf*&^ sometimes, and temping helps tell you the "secrets" of the female condition :p

That's exactly why I want to do it, besides the obvious of course. I mean, deep down, I knew that I was pregnant and that I was going to lose it, but then I kept having that doctor telling me how impossible it was, and of course the different tests saying different things, and if I had been temping before, I would have known at least when I o'd, instead of having no clue.

Looking back, I wonder if the digi with conception only showed 1-2 because my levels were falling or had just never gotten that high. Kinda makes sense now, but I don't ever want to go through this again!

I was just thinking that if Im not pregnant this month Id give temping a go and lo and behold you girls have spelled it all out for me!

Yay! Thanks!

melanieanne77

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"