"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

By the way, I haven't been taking my prenatals for quite a while now and I was wondering if that would harm the baby? I'm trying to eat healthily though. The prenatals mame me feel really sick so I've laid off them without telling my doctor. Will that harm my baby?

Yeah, people here are quite nosy and they don't know when not to butt in. I find it rude but there's nothing I can do about it :D

You really should be takign then eeither way. There are so many things in that little pill that you need. Just make sure you are taking some kind of folic acid for sure.

They don't know I'm pregnant. I haven't told anyone yet. I'm not planning on telling people at work. They'll just find out when I really start to shwo

Happy 9 weeks Beeba :happydance:

I couldn't stomach prenatal vitamins once I got pregnant. The nurse said to take folic acid and D separately and that would be enough. The folic acid is the most essential, you need 400 mcg a day, or make sure you are getting that much from your diet. Eventually I started taking gummy prenatal vitamins so I don't have to swallow horse pills.

Jewels - I'm also just as bloated as you are. It makes me look fat around the middle and people at work are commenting on my weight gain. I actually haven't gained anything, I'm just bloated!!

I can't believe the things people say :dohh: I was hanging out with some friends yesterday, actually, and we were laughing remembering all the weird things they said to me first trimester when they suspected I was pregnant but I hadn't officially told them. :haha:

Stef dont get discouraged hun. I promise you, IT WILL HAPPEN for you. :hug:

I feel like a new person today. I finally got some sleep last night. I was still up at 4am and couldnt go back to sleep but I slept pretty good. I'll take it!

Ladies what are some of the things you have and had aversions to?
What are some of the things you have craved the most?

Steph, gr!!!!!! I agree with jewelz.

I looked up the ingredients in preseed today and it is chock full of parabens. What's up with that!?!!? The last cycle I conceived on I used preseed. Now I'm reading that is leads to lower embryo quality in ivf. Can't win. :(

I'm sorry Stef. :hugs: I know how frustrating it is.

Jewlez, I haven't really had any aversions. I could barely eat anything in the first trimester but there wasn't anything in particular. Still isn't. As far as cravings go, ICE CREAM! And chocolate malts. MMMM!

Thats pretty much how I feel too. Nothing sounds good at all. Its like I know I need to eat so I can ward off the sickness but who wants to eat when you feel like puking all the time. :haha:
Im starting to have issues with chicken.Made some the other night and I just couldnt eat it, it tasted awful. Just the smell of coffee makes me go running for the restroom. Which is funny because I love coffee!! The one thing that saves the day all the time is noodles. I can stomach any kind of noodles. I have also been wanting mushrooms. Mmmmmm

So I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. I'm negative for group b strep (yay!) and am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced (YAAAAY!). Also, as I was laying back for the cervical check, it was hurting like hell and the Dr. asked "are you having a contraction??" I said "I have no idea!" He felt, and sure enough, I was! He had my husband come over to feel how tight my tummy was. He said not to hold him to it, as he could be off, but he predicted that my water would be breaking today or tomorrow and I *could* have the baby by this weekend. It was so exciting! Yesterday happened to be my husbands and my 3 year anniversary also. Unfortunately my husband had to go straight to work after the appointment, but he was so upset about having to leave because he wanted to stay with me so bad. Well, the contractions kept up for maybe a couple hours, but after laying down for a nap they disappeared completely, very disappointing :( Several hours later I went to pee and (tmi) went to wipe, and had a glob of mucous that had a little brown blood in it which got my hopes up, but still nothing. :growlmad:

Woke up to pee this morning and got freaked out. I felt my bump and it felt like he'd curled up into a little ball that was sticking out of my left side. I've had lopsided tummy before, and he's frequently sticking out to the left or right a little bit but in the middle, but this was like he was entirely in a ball sticking out of the left side. I don't know why it freaked me out so much but it did. But he's fine in there, not sticking out of my left side anymore. Went to pee a little while ago and had a pretty big clump of plug come out. Wish this kid (and my body!) would stop teasing me already get things started for real! This is so FRUSTRATING!

OMGoodness MrsMcd I really hope you will go into labor sometime this weekend!! Im so excited for you!! Come on baby boy, we are giving you and eviction notice as of today!!

Lots of :hugs: to you Stef. Based on your chart this cycle clearly is not over for you yet. I remain hopeful! And if it's not this cycle, it absolutely will happen for you soon. :hugs:

Jewelz, my biggest aversion has been to eggs. First tri I couldn't stand garlic or mushrooms, or most vegetables for that matter. The funny thing is that I've now developed aversions to several foods I craved and ate first trimester and happened to throw up or feel really sick after eating (even if it was just a coincidence -- see Garcia effect). That includes macaroni and cheese, pho, and burritos from a couple different Mexican places in the area. Blech!

I've been craving sweets mostly. Especially chocolate and cookies. And fruit sometimes too.

Happy 38 weeks, due date buddies! :happydance:

Ooohhhhh MrsMcD how exciting!!! Can't wait to hear that things have gotten started for you :happydance:

I've been having some more contractions but definitely BH ones, not real. I still feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever!

Oh oh oh and forgot to mention, after some stomach groping, he also estimated that baby is around 8-8.5 lbs right now. Can't wait to see how big he is when he finally comes out!

So ladies, what features of your OH do you hope baby has, and which of your own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->