"Full Circle" TTC-BFP April 2013 Bump Buddies

We are going to find out at the anatomy scan too. Already booked for July 25th! :) I also don't even have a scan until then as things are going well so no point for more scans if no concerns.

Now my dilemma is that I am definitely showing and it is getting too hot to where baggy sweaters everywhere I go and everytime I see a friend. I want to tell close friends and my DH is on board but I can't help be nervous even though I am feeling great and know in my heart that everything is ok. I will be 11 weeks on Friday...It is ok to start telling people right? I know that it is up to me and I am not going to announce it on Facebook or anything but I also want to start dressing and acting normally! I am so excited for this rainbow and I want all of my friends to know but I think telling people is making it very real! Do you all think that is ok? Might sound silly as I probably would tell people at 12 weeks only 1 week later. LOL And as I write this I sound kind of silly! Would still love your advice though! :) Thanks girls!

We are going to find out at the anatomy scan too. Already booked for July 25th! :) I also don't even have a scan until then as things are going well so no point for more scans if no concerns.

Now my dilemma is that I am definitely showing and it is getting too hot to where baggy sweaters everywhere I go and everytime I see a friend. I want to tell close friends and my DH is on board but I can't help be nervous even though I am feeling great and know in my heart that everything is ok. I will be 11 weeks on Friday...It is ok to start telling people right? I know that it is up to me and I am not going to announce it on Facebook or anything but I also want to start dressing and acting normally! I am so excited for this rainbow and I want all of my friends to know but I think telling people is making it very real! Do you all think that is ok? Might sound silly as I probably would tell people at 12 weeks only 1 week later. LOL And as I write this I sound kind of silly! Would still love your advice though! :) Thanks girls!

I think it's fine! I hate to even say this part, but assuming worst case scenario, if you did tell your close friends, you'd have a support system to fall back on. But some advice, be upbeat and positive and excited when you tell them! If you're nervous and hesitant people will pick up on it and will probably be nervous with you. So don't say things like "I know it's still early.." things are going great so far so don't doubt yourself :)

Thanks MrsMcD! That is what I was thinking too I just needed some support from my BnB ladies! :) It is just becoming so real!

I think it is perfectly fine to share with your friends!! You are amazing to be able to hold it in this long!! Share with them, and enjoy your wonderful experience :)

Thanks Eeyore! I am warming up to the idea to let the world know! :)

I think if you are feeling ready you should go for it!

Personally I do not regret waiting until 12 weeks...I knew it was important to me to wait, so even though I was tempted to tell earlier, I'm glad I didn't. Even though everyone in my life had already figured it out before I told them...:wacko:

But you can tell the difference between "Ahhhh...it would be easier to tell now" and really feeling ready. It sounds like you really feel ready! :thumbup: I did really appreciate how positive everyone was. First tri was so full of worry and doubt, and it felt so wonderful to hear how happy people were for me and start to feel happier myself. So enjoy that!! :hugs:

Thanks Seaweed! I think that it what I am looking forward too...all of the positive reactions and support! I am not going to call all of my friends but I have decided not to hide it anymore, no more baggy sweaters! By the time I see all of my friends I will prob be past 12 or 13 weeks lol and they can just guess for themselves!

We told close family and friends before 12 weeks and they were all happy.

I told everyone else (work etc) at 13 weeks but most of them already guessed from the way i looked etc....so not really a shock to anyone.

I know the first tri is so daunting....i dont miss it. 2nd tri is much more relaxing and now i feel my little one all the time its so re-assuring. Not long and you ladies will be where we are and we will be worrying about labour (still not thinking about that bit yet)

xxxx

i dont think its silly at all krippy, i felt the exact same way, after a devastating loss u are so scared to share ur joy for fear of it happening again, i wasnt gonna even name my baby or tell anyone then i read something a mom said that lost her baby previously, she said she wanted her baby to be validated no matter wut, if she did not share her new joy then its as if it never exists n the same ppl can be there for support when n if u need it, that changed my whole outlook on it, i shared with close friends n fam n saved fb for a little later, n i am so grateful i shared because those same ppl are praying n supporting me right now when i need it, so i say if u feel ready go ahead n share hunny, this is the happiest time of ur life n their is nothing bigger than bringing a life into the world :hugs:

Thank you for the support C and Sunkiss! Think about you and Fayth daily Sun!

Eek, I guess I shouldn't have opened the gates to the colostrum! I was just leaking. Guess it's time to go get some pads.

Viability today, woo hoo! I have an appointment with my OB at 6, so far he's given us a really quick little ultrasound each visit so I'm hoping to get another one today, if so I'm going to ask him to measure. I'm curious how big he's gotten! A month ago he was already measuring a pound. Little porker :) So I think it's about time for some bump pictures! I feel huge. I've only gained about 5 pounds but it's definitely all in my stomach. I'll post later, I still need to shower and get dressed.

:hugs: ladies!

Congrats to us on viability!!! :happydance: So excited it's finally here.

Forgive me MrsMcD, but A POUND at 20 weeks? :shock: That is huge. Mostly they seem to be about 11-12 oz at that stage so a pound is like...35% larger. I bet you will be getting more scans for growth!

Excited to see your photo! I saw my mom last night and she asked if we could take some nice photos (meaning I assume not a myspace-type photo w/ my cellphone in the mirror :haha:) to send to relatives now that I'm showing a little more obviously. Once we get something good, I'll probably post it to FB.

Congrats to us on viability!!! :happydance: So excited it's finally here.

Forgive me MrsMcD, but A POUND at 20 weeks? :shock: That is huge. Mostly they seem to be about 11-12 oz at that stage so a pound is like...35% larger. I bet you will be getting more scans for growth!

Excited to see your photo! I saw my mom last night and she asked if we could take some nice photos (meaning I assume not a myspace-type photo w/ my cellphone in the mirror :haha:) to send to relatives now that I'm showing a little more obviously. Once we get something good, I'll probably post it to FB.

I know, little chubchub in my tummy! I know at that time he was measuring a week and a half ahead so I'm really curious how he's measuring now!

happy vday ladies, yay we made it :happydance:!! i know i technically was 24 last sunday but thats just for docs, i still wanna celebrate with u, wooohooo vday :yipee:!!! ok so every week is like a milestone for me but the next big one will be 28, is 27 or 28 third tri? so many different answers on it, its confusing me but i would like to use that week as the next major milestone.

fayth was a pound at 21 weeks n last sat they did a growth n she was 1.16 n they said it was just a little under but just about on target. i believe she loves to eat though since that is when i feel the most kicks :haha:!! the bedrest isnt as bad as i thought it would be, well not so far anyway lol, im getting plenty of rest now since i worry less being here n i feel no pressure so that is a great thing, i believe we are gonna make it ladies, keeping positive vibes :D!!

cant wait to see the bump pics ladies, i am gonna have my mom bring me an outfit so i can do one also, i would still like to keep up with that so i can have to look back on later!! btw i still dont have much of a bump lol, i am mostly wide but my belly is nice n firm now!!

Well no ultrasound today. He was going to give us one but as he started taking us into that room he had to stop us and told us "you don't want to see this!" He was going to clean whatever the mess was but apparently it was a big mess. That's okay though, we've been spoiled to see him as many times as we have. Plus we're setting up a 4d ultrasound for next month so we'll get a really good look at him then. We did get to hear the heartbeat and it was funny cause as soon as he found it baby kicked the doppler wand, guess he didn't appreciate it! But he told me my weight gain was impeccable so I was happy to hear that.

What a day today has been! I had a genetic counseling appointment today at 8:30. She decided to see if my ultrasound could be moved up to today for the genetic scan because it can only be done until 13 1/2 weeks and if my due date was off they may not be able to do it at all. So they did the ultrasound today!! Anyways....they changed my due date to November 25th!! The baby measured at 13w 5days!!! OMG!! So glad they did the scan today...THEN.... the Dr came in and casually told us it's a boy!!! How can he tell so early? I said what?!?!?! He proceeded to turn the color on to show blood flow to make sure it wasn't the cord....he said it wasn't the cord and not to buy anything pink!! So looks like it's a boy!! We have another ultrasound scheduled on June 26th to confirm but wow... a boy ;) He was waving and moving around in between little naps of course. They kept jabbing me with the wand to wake him when he fell asleep lol. Not exactly comfy ya kwim. I will post pics later!!

MrsMcD123 u look so pretty n pregnant, u got the glow n all girl, i am so jealous of ur bump, wish mines was ur size :haha:!!

awwww congrats EeyoreGirl, how exciting to move forward a week n get a gender guess :happydance:!! i would wait on the confirmation at the next scan cause this early it can still go either way, but the other ladies did get a guess also early on so most likely it will be a boy :D!! cant wait to see ur pics, ur so close to 2nd tri, woohoo the fun begins!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->