funny/ embarrasing labour stories

Lmao, a tricky pickle!!!

omg i just spent the last fwe hours reading throuh these again and theyre even more hilarios when your high(on pain meds im not a drug addic)

My funny labor story isn't so much about labor but about my sister and I. We live very close to each other (like 5 minutes away) and most people say we look very much alike. (We don't see it by the way...Never have. :haha: And we aren't twins, I'm nearly 2 years older) When I was expecting my 1st baby, I found out she was expecting her 3rd baby just 3 weeks before me. We were super excited to be pregnant together and constantly compared our pregnancies the whole way through. Then she went into labor and had her baby 3 days before her due date. It just so happened that she delivered at the same hospital she had worked at for almost a year so many of the nurses already knew who she was. Then I unexpectedly went into labor and had my baby 3 weeks early. What was funny was that every nurse who saw me and my DH walk in did a double take. I even got asked, "Are you SURE you weren't here a few days ago?" by one incredulous nurse. And once I was admitted, I had my delivery nurses bringing other nurses into my room and asking, "Who does she remind you of?". (They asked first and were very polite about it. And it was only a few people. They eventually ran out of nurses to bring in. :haha:) DH and I got a good laugh out of it because it was such a shock to some of the ladies who were working that night to see this person who they had just discharged the day before suddenly turn up again hugely pregnant and in labor.

The other funny thing about this story is my sister had painful 'false starts' and BH contractions for 3 weeks before she went into labor. She even had 2 membrane sweeps done because she was dilated to a 3 and her baby was fully engaged a week before delivery. Didn't work. Then I go and have my baby on her due date. Her sister-in-law was laughing when she told my sister "At least you beat her to the hospital!" after finding out I had had my baby 3 weeks early.

I just spent all day reading these! I'm not so afraid of labor anymore! Stalking for more stories!!

I had to be induced and they upped the drip so the contractions came fast and strong. After 4 hours I needed an epidural as gas just wasnt doing it anymore.

I was high on gas when they were putting the epidural in and did a massive loud, long fart............thing was I wasnt even embrassed at the time.....just said "oops".

The Doctor behind me said "dont worry, theres a piece of plastic between me and it".......I think now he was referring to the sticky thing they put on your back when putting the epidural in.....

I am embrassed now when I think of it and hubby loves telling the story to family and friends.......

I was induced for severe pre-eclampsia and was soooo sick and out of it! All I remember talking about was whether someone could call down to the emergency room and get the green m&ms. What????

Then when I was pushing I just wanted to be done. I pushed super hard and the dr said "ok take a break now!" And I screamed "NOOOO!" and pushed him out! Lol :)

My husband was saying "good job babe! You're doing great!" while I pushed. I screamed for him to "shut the hell up!"

I was a gem in labor :)

I just howled with laughter when I tried to re tell this to my other half. I duno why but I find the 'nooooooo!' And pushing him out anyway absolutely fantastic! Like an angry scream and while screaming 'noooooo' popping out mid scream. Oh my days thank you for the uncontrollable giggles I have now!

I can tell I'm going to be an absolute nightmare in labour!!

So need to follow this!!! I'm getting nervous...these arw hilarious! :)

Had a few funny moments during labour earlier this week.

-i had always thought how pathetic it was seeing how noisey ppl wer during labours so was real conscience of what ild sound like so while i was having contractions and moaning heaps i kept thinkn to myself "i sound like a dying yak" then after it was all over my sister and sister in law wer saying they kept saying that i sounded like a tranqualized moose and refered to dispicable me 2 when that chick gets hit with moose tranqualizer dart and said i sounded exactly like her :blush:

- i was sucking on the gas and air and the mouth piece came off and i cried "its broken" like a 5year old whinny kid.

- my midwife touched me to try and get bubs heart rate but i wasnt expecting it so whacked her and apparently splashed water all over her

-after a real intense contraction i did the biggest burp ever then just started cracking up laughing along with everyone in the room :haha:

-i had just felt babys head then my midwife gave me my bottle of water but the lid was closed so i said its closed and shes like no it has to b open u just felt her head in a very reasuring way, im like no the bottle the bottles closed and i hear everone in the room start laughn, i did not find it funny :p

Doesnt sound as funny written down but everyone had a good laugh bout it all afterwards :)

-i had just felt babys head then my midwife gave me my bottle of water but the lid was closed so i said its closed and shes like no it has to b open u just felt her head in a very reasuring way, im like no the bottle the bottles closed and i hear everone in the room start laughn, i did not find it funny :p

Doesnt sound as funny written down but everyone had a good laugh bout it all afterwards :)
:rofl: Bahaha! Thanks for sharing. That made my day!

The midwife took.my hand and made me feel the head coming out even though i said no apparently i freaked out :haha:

I then got bad cramp in my leg and she shot out! the midwife wasnt expecting that one :rofl:

I was in a birth tub huffing G&A (which I loved!) and after each contraction would pause and I would talk my already low voice would be even lower....I felt a bit tipsy on all lovely gas and at times the OH, midwife and myself would be laughing saying "Wesley.....I am your mother" because I sounded exactly like Darth Vader my voice was so low. :dohh:

G&A was like being fun drunk so I between contractions the conversations could get pretty funny....I spoke honestly, the gas made me super truthful which we all laughed over it ('I feel like my ass is going to explode') :haha: BUT it actually helped me receive great support.

Also - during pushing I was panicking and whining on gas 'you don't know how it feels!!!' And my one midwife said 'I know, my son was back to back in my third labour' to which I replied 'no you don't know how bad this feels' :haha: she was so sweet too.....she said 'okay.'. :blush:

The actual labor and birth of #4 6 weeks ago was fairly uneventful, but we were team yellow and I couldn't WAIT to find out the gender. When the baby came out I couldn't see and started yelling, "what is it? what is it??" My sarcastic OB answered, "A baby, honey." I must have looked irritated or confused, because she quickly announced, "It's a boy!"

I had a homebirth with my ds and as I was in the later stages of labour, I changed the bedding upstairs and got a strong contraction and peed myself. I shot down stairs just as the student midwife walked through the door shouting I've wet myself, I've wet myself! They both sat down and told me that's a good thing, the contractions are working. I told them I didn't want to poo myself as I didn't with my first and I'd me mortified but when I got in the pool and started pushing, I pooed. My other half thought it would be funny to shout at me 'fucking hell josie, they shot out like torpedoes!' I have never ever been so embarrassed in my life.

when ella was born my oh went "well ready for number 2" my response was bursting out laughing at the unimpressed midwife. you would of thought they would of got by then he was a joker.

when i was pushing the consultant kept sticking her head in the room to see how i was getting on, in one of the many ocassions i went "hasen;t that woman got anything better to do this isn't a bloody cinema you know"

I could of died with shame with some of the things I came out with, especially when on G&A, I felt like I had been on a week long drinking session!

I had pethadine during labour and the midwife explained that it needed to go in your bum cheek, that's where I said "I'm not that bothered but I do have my apple catchers on! Just don't let DH anywhere near there!"

I watched my labour through a mirror at the end of the bed, I knew I did the most embarrasing thing any woman could do (but you don't care at the time) ... a No2! I kept apologising to the midwife but she said I didn't do anything (I knew I had but she wasn't going to come out with it). I went on to apologise that I had had a domino's pizza a few days before, but it could of been a lot worse if I had a curry! :dohh:

I thanked one of the doctors for not having "shovel hands" as well :haha:

Ground swallow me up please - bet they've heard/seen some things!

These are brilliant!

I remember getting really annoyed at the midwife saying ' keep going, i can see the head, baby has lots of dark hair' i couldnt work out how she could see that but the head wasnt out lol. I then decided to put my hand down to have a feel - right in to the big poo that i had just done whilst pushing. I then squealed that i had sh** all over my hands and i didnt want to do it anymore. Everyone was laughing whilst my husband tried not to throw up. Not my best moment! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->