funny/ embarrasing labour stories

Well I've gotten to the end of this thread. It's taken about a week and I have no idea what else is going on in b & b lol. I've loved reminiscing about my labour with dd which was nearly a year ago now. It was a pretty uneventful labour but I think the funniest bit was that my oh forgot I wad in labour lol. Let me have a go at telling my story for you.

So it was about 10 am and I had been getting contractions since about 2 am (my waters had gone at 8 pm the evening before) and they were starting to get painful so I decided to go for a shower. I told oh and waddled off and he settled down to watch tv. About 2 hours later his programme finished and he starts to wonder where I am. Then he remembers I was having contractions and hadsgone for a shower. He notices the time and begins to panic as he can't remember me coming out the shower. He's shocked to find me on all fours in the bath having quite painful contractions. I tell him to load the car up as the contactions are strong but still irregular. About 5 minutes after he leaves I suddenly decide I really need to get to the hospital but there's no way I can get out of the bath so I have to wait about half an hour for him to come back (it felt like an eternity).

Then we get on our way to the hospital which is 40 minutes away and I'm starting to get pushing urges and lots of pressure so I'm holding on to the car door and my tens machine for dear life. Oh spends the whole journey telling me how much further we have to go despite the fact I know the journey like the back of my hand. We both spend the journey worrying I'll deliver at the side of the road.

We got to the hospital and went to the ward where the mw asked if it was my first baby (it was) took my notes and told me to sit in the waiting room. I couldn't sit so she comes back to find me hanging off my oh and tuts before telling me they have a bed for me. She has to put me on the monitor but I can't keep still long enough for her to do it. She keeps telling me to be still and I tell her I can't, in the end I yelled at her 'I fucking can't' so she went to get me g and a. After hooking me up to the monitor she did an internal. All she said was 'I'll get them to get you a room on delivery' so I asked how many cm I was and she said 9. The look on her face was hilarious, I don't know why they never believe first time mums when they say they are close.

We were rushed straight up to delivery and on the way I told the mw (a different one) that I wass stastarving and she told me 'its a bit late now'.

In my room they had to hook me back up to the monitor and I had to ask the mw if I could start pushing. The mw was still trying to get my underwear off as I started pushing and a huge gush of waters came out and soaked them (I'd only been dribbling them until then). My dd was born after half hour of pushing.

I still look back and cringe at my labour!

I was lying on my side pushing when I wasn't ready so midwives just left me to get on with it, midwife come in to do my checks she was stood behind me and half way through pushing I farted right in her direction it wouldnt have been so bad but I then lay and sobbed for about 10 minutes continuously repeating 'but I've just farted on her' once I was ready to push I told the midwives hold on a minute I need to get naked and stripped off :S I then went on to cry every single time I pushed shouting 'ahhh I've poo'd haven't I, I just know I have I've poo'd' the midwife then told me I was crowning and I was asking what colour his eyes were apparently :S the drugs may make you feel good but they make you act like a drunken child haha

How I managed to walk out of that hospital with my baby is beyond me! They must have thought I was a right idiot!

So there was a few from mine on Friday...

one wasn't me but the student midwife, id been labouring for a good 12 hours and it was changeover for staff time...the student midwife walked in with her mentor and the midwife leavin introduced us "so this is tom and Gemma" student midwife laughs at top of her voice, were all looking at her thinkin what's with this woman.. "my neighbours are called Gemma and tom" at this point another midwife walks in with a jug of somethin wondering if we need it? (i cant remember what it was) but somehow the whole room ends up in laughter. The midwife is then eonderin why she has this jug in her hand...im gettin high on the g and a and in my high state says "this is like a drunken random night where u see random ppl"

my waters is another funny story! Babies head was really high up so when they broke my waters the midwife had to press on my belly so his head went down first and not cord/arm, well the pressure of her pressing was so bad when the doc broke my waters it was like a champagne bottle going off, the waters sprayed everywhere! Down side of docs face and my OH was a bit horrified!

when i was near to pushin i was on all 4s over the back of the bed, and i farted, really loud! I was almost in tears (never fart in front of OH) "im sorrrrryyyyyyy" i said to everyone in room

the registrar who's in the room asks if she can see the baby be born as shes never seen a birth on all 4s, i tell her "yea sure no problem" 2 mins later i started freakin out "whos watchin me now??, who just asked??" "oh its u yea that's fine" lol

when i pushed i also pooed...OH hadn't noticed at all as he was in front of me, when i said "oh nooooo ive pooed" he was saying i hadn't and to just push and i was argue in with him that i had "i know i have i can smell it!"

I gave birth on February 22nd and I only have one really funny story from my labor:

I had to be induced due to medical concerns so we had all been there for quite a while. ((My husband and I plus my mom and dad)) I was going pee nearly every ten minutes and it was a big production as I was hooked up to pitocin and fluids. Every time my dad had to turn away so he wouldn't see my butt as I tried to make my way to the bathroom. ((Luckily, it was attached to the room.))

My dad decided to go down to the cafeteria to eat and when he came back later I was bouncing away on my labor ball. He entered the room and he joked asking me if I was going to be peeing all day. I started to say, "Don't be a jerk", but what came out was:

"Don't be a-" My water broke mid bounce and it started gushing over the ball and onto the floor. "I think I peed myself! I can't stop! I'm peeing myself!" The look on his face. :rofl: He ran to the nurses desk.

I continued to freak out while my mom tried to convince me that it was my water breaking. "No it's pee! It just keeps on coming- it's everywhere!" :rofl:

When the nurses came in to clean it up they playfully accused me of trying to flood my delivery room. I was so embarrassed. It was everywhere. My husband and mom had gotten up on the couch to avoid stepping in it. It was all over the ball and around it. Under the bed. They had to call the cleaning people to mop it up. I apologized profusely to everyone. :rofl: My nurse told me that I had to sit on what looked like a puppy pad if I was going to continue bouncing. :blush:

Aaaaahahahahah! Up on the couch!!! That's marvellous. :lol:

I don't think my story is that funny but will share it anyway.
For one I found g&a hilarious and was convinced I sounded like Miranda Hart!

My DS was born by vontouse in the operating theatre as they thought I might need a c section - for some reason the room was packed (at least 10 people plus the hubby and me), anyway once DS was out I seem have become an exhibitionists - I pulled my gown up so my boobs were showing (I think I wanted DS to feed which is why I did it) but now as a consequence all of the first pics of my darling boy are x-rated and I cringe to think what everyone in the room thought of me!
I also have a great shot of the surgeon stitching me up nicely framed by my legs akimbo!
Sorry if it's not funny just wanted to share.

I don't think my story is that funny but will share it anyway.
For one I found g&a hilarious and was convinced I sounded like Miranda Hart!

My DS was born by vontouse in the operating theatre as they thought I might need a c section - for some reason the room was packed (at least 10 people plus the hubby and me), anyway once DS was out I seem have become an exhibitionists - I pulled my gown up so my boobs were showing (I think I wanted DS to feed which is why I did it) but now as a consequence all of the first pics of my darling boy are x-rated and I cringe to think what everyone in the room thought of me!
I also have a great shot of the surgeon stitching me up nicely framed by my legs akimbo!
Sorry if it's not funny just wanted to share.

ha ha i also stripped off after for skin to skin, mind u i had spent the last hour of labour with my ass and foo in full view of whoever came into the room, they may aswell had seen my boobs too :) xx

I stripped off completely the moment I started pushing because I got too hot :haha:

My waters broke when I was in the bath in the hospital, so when the midwifes got me out, they put a hospital gown on me and took me to the birthing suite. It wasn't tied right and I was sat on the ball leaning against the bed and it kept falling forward. It was driving me insane and after one particularly intense contraction when it fell forward, I literally ripped it off and threw it across the room like the Incredible Hulk! Lol!!!
I spent the rest of my labour naked and only got dressed about 2 hours later lol!!

My mum and hubby stripped me off mid pushing as wanted skin to skin but once on del and once the New midwife examined me (expecting me to be 4cm due to stupid midwife downstairs) everything happened so quickly (because I was right!!) I was still in my maxi dress lol
I remember saying I was pushing whilst leaning on the side of the bed, to which my mum decided to hoist up my dress and check her head wasn't out lol, how embarrassing lol xx

Loved all of these! Actually secretly looking forward to labour now, haha

When I was in labour with DD I had a paramedic observing as he was training. I have several snapshot memories of his concerned and confused face, I think I put him off for life :haha:.
I was in the pool and on gas and air which makes me totally loopy. There was a thermometer floating int he pool and I "whispered" (read: shouted) to DH that I thought it was a Dairylea sandwich. No idea why there would be a Dairylea sandwich floating in the pool but I was convinced there was and that DH needed to know. The paramedic had to turn away to compose himself.
While I was lounging back in the water I got a bit low and dipped the end of the gas and air mouthpiece in the pool, so that when I blew out it blew bubbles, like a kid blowing bubbles with a straw in their drink. Everyone had a little laugh, but I couldn't get over how funny it was, I'd have a contraction, concentrate and then it would pass and I'd remember the bubble blowing and start laughing again. This went on for far too long and no one else found it funny anymore...

With DS I introduced myself to the MW and asked her name when I arrived at the L&D room. But I kept forgetting and apologising for not knowing her name. After about the 7th time of apologising for not knowing her name she said "you just called me by my name, if you didn't ask how do you know it?" and I told her very seriously "I'm psychic Lorna. But please don't tell anyone" :dohh:. About 10 minutes later DH arrived and I told him I'd been a "tricky pickle" and forgotton to ask the MW her name. Then she told me I couldn't have the gas an air anymore because it was making me loopy :dohh: :haha:

When I was in labour with DD I had a paramedic observing as he was training. I have several snapshot memories of his concerned and confused face, I think I put him off for life :haha:.
I was in the pool and on gas and air which makes me totally loopy. There was a thermometer floating int he pool and I "whispered" (read: shouted) to DH that I thought it was a Dairylea sandwich. No idea why there would be a Dairylea sandwich floating in the pool but I was convinced there was and that DH needed to know. The paramedic had to turn away to compose himself.
While I was lounging back in the water I got a bit low and dipped the end of the gas and air mouthpiece in the pool, so that when I blew out it blew bubbles, like a kid blowing bubbles with a straw in their drink. Everyone had a little laugh, but I couldn't get over how funny it was, I'd have a contraction, concentrate and then it would pass and I'd remember the bubble blowing and start laughing again. This went on for far too long and no one else found it funny anymore...

With DS I introduced myself and asked her name when I arrived at the L&D room. But I kept forgetting and apologising for not knowing her name. After about the 7th time of apologising for not knowing her name she said "you just called me by my name, if you didn't ask how do you know it?" and I told her very seriously "I'm psychic Lorna. But please don't tell anyone" :dohh:. About 10 minutes later DH arrived and I told him I'd been a "tricky pickle" and forgotton to ask the MW her name. Then she told me I couldn't have the gas an air anymore because it was making me loopy :dohh: :haha:

Just woke baby up laughing :haha:

Not quite a delivery story, but in recovery. I was in labor 36 hours and had no sleep to speak of in that time. They took me to my room afterward and took my son to the nursery. I spent two hours in my room, happily fiddling with stuff and relaxing, getting ready for a couple days stay, organizing...just recovering in general.

Then there was a knock at the door and a cheery woman came in with a bassinet, chirping "I have your baby!"

I was dumbfounded. I forgot there was a baby. I'd never held one before. I forgot they'd be bringing me one. I could only stare in horror, the nurse was asking me what was wrong.

I was very lucid, if a bit out of it. How could I forget they'd bring me a baby???

Wow Shandelion, that must have been so weird! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->