gallstones - anyone had them?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by brightstar08, Apr 27, 2009.

1. brightstar08

brightstar08 Mummy of 2

ive just found out on thursday i have gallstones. has anyone had them? if so what treatment did you have? the doctor at the hospital said i need to see my gp this week to find out what they are going to do about them. ive been in pain for months, just hope something gets sorted soon :) x

2. dawny690

dawny690 Guest

Yep I have them hun and pancreatits too am still awaiting surgery to have my gallbladder out feel for you cos the pain is horendous when mine plays up xxxx

3. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

I had them a few years back
    I had surgery to remove my gall bladder. It was keyhole surgery, wasn't too bad - a bit of pain afterwards, mine more so than normal as they had a few complications and had to cut the inscisions a bit bigger than normal to get in there and fix the problem. But still, it is fairly quick recovery

4. AnnaBanana9

AnnaBanana9 Mummy

Same here - like NeyNey, I had keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder. The pain of recovery was nothing compared to the pain of the gallstones!

5. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I had mine out in Feb. PM me if you wanna chat! It wasn't too bad at all! Much better then the attacks.

6. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

My Mum did but they went un-noticed for over a year and they ended up working round her body and into her bladder and goodness knows where else. She got Pancreatitis and ended up very ill. What should have been a really simple op ended up being the total opposite and one of the most horrible experiences. But, that was negligance on the Dr's part and isn't the norm, I know that it is a fairly standard procedure and you will be fine hun :hugs:

xxx

7. xHx

xHx Hayley, Mummy to Olivia

I have them now!! Was diagnosed in October (a month after Liv was born!). I am controlling mine with a low fat diet and *touch wood* haven't had an attack since. On the plus side I have lost three stone since I was diagnosed!!!!

8. brightstar08

brightstar08 Mummy of 2

**slowly puts down a mars bar icecream** lol im currently going to slimming world so hopefully changing my diet will help. good on you for losing 3 stone thats fantastic! :happydance:

thanks everyone for your replies will let you know how i get on :) x

9. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i have never had them, but i wanted to give everyone who has huge :hugs: sounds so painful x

get well soon hon x x

10. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

i have/ had them .... i was told i can just control them by eating a low fat diet,drinking a good lot of water! and most people will never need surgery for it ?! apparently, ? ...x

11. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

ooo On the down side i ended up in hospital the first time i had an "attack" as it was agonizing! and i had no-idea what is was,so scary :(! x

12. destiny27

destiny27 Well-Known Member

ive had them and had my gall bladder removed few years back, thought i was having heart attack when i 1st got the pains :(

13. xHx

xHx Hayley, Mummy to Olivia

LOL!!! I made my OH call 999 and tell them I was dying when I had my first attack! And I'm NOT joking!!! It was only a month after Liv was born and I had had a C-Section so I assumed something had gone wrong with it! The paramedic actually said I had trapped wind so I let it go on for a couple of weeks but after about 4 attacks I went to the docs who sent me for a scan......I hope I don't get one of those again anytime soon tho - its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful!! x

14. cinnamongirl

cinnamongirl Guest

I had them since I was 17...it wasn't until I was 19 that I learned I had been misdiagnosed as having acid reflux disease, so I was treating a condition I didn't even have! Unfortunately, mine were so bad, and I was relatively young to have them, that I had laparoscopic surgery to have them removed...the only downfall was that it caused me to develop/worsen irritable bowel syndrome...and that sux! But, not nearly as painful as an attack of gallstones! Good Luck!

15. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

I've got them at present.. was supposed to be having keyhole surgery on wednesday but because i had a slight cough, i apparantly have a 'throat infection'.

Having them out on the 27th may now :)