gallstones - anyone had them?

brightstar08

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
ive just found out on thursday i have gallstones. has anyone had them? if so what treatment did you have? the doctor at the hospital said i need to see my gp this week to find out what they are going to do about them. ive been in pain for months, just hope something gets sorted soon :) x

ive just found out on thursday i have gallstones. has anyone had them? if so what treatment did you have? the doctor at the hospital said i need to see my gp this week to find out what they are going to do about them. ive been in pain for months, just hope something gets sorted soon :) x

Yep I have them hun and pancreatits too am still awaiting surgery to have my gallbladder out feel for you cos the pain is horendous when mine plays up xxxx

I had them a few years back
I had surgery to remove my gall bladder. It was keyhole surgery, wasn't too bad - a bit of pain afterwards, mine more so than normal as they had a few complications and had to cut the inscisions a bit bigger than normal to get in there and fix the problem. But still, it is fairly quick recovery

Same here - like NeyNey, I had keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder. The pain of recovery was nothing compared to the pain of the gallstones!

I had mine out in Feb. PM me if you wanna chat! It wasn't too bad at all! Much better then the attacks.

My Mum did but they went un-noticed for over a year and they ended up working round her body and into her bladder and goodness knows where else. She got Pancreatitis and ended up very ill. What should have been a really simple op ended up being the total opposite and one of the most horrible experiences. But, that was negligance on the Dr's part and isn't the norm, I know that it is a fairly standard procedure and you will be fine hun :hugs:

xxx

I have them now!! Was diagnosed in October (a month after Liv was born!). I am controlling mine with a low fat diet and *touch wood* haven't had an attack since. On the plus side I have lost three stone since I was diagnosed!!!!

I have them now!! Was diagnosed in October (a month after Liv was born!). I am controlling mine with a low fat diet and *touch wood* haven't had an attack since. On the plus side I have lost three stone since I was diagnosed!!!!

**slowly puts down a mars bar icecream** lol im currently going to slimming world so hopefully changing my diet will help. good on you for losing 3 stone thats fantastic! :happydance:

thanks everyone for your replies will let you know how i get on :) x

i have never had them, but i wanted to give everyone who has huge :hugs: sounds so painful x

get well soon hon x x

i have/ had them .... i was told i can just control them by eating a low fat diet,drinking a good lot of water! and most people will never need surgery for it ?! apparently, ? ...x

ooo On the down side i ended up in hospital the first time i had an "attack" as it was agonizing! and i had no-idea what is was,so scary :(! x

ive had them and had my gall bladder removed few years back, thought i was having heart attack when i 1st got the pains :(

LOL!!! I made my OH call 999 and tell them I was dying when I had my first attack! And I'm NOT joking!!! It was only a month after Liv was born and I had had a C-Section so I assumed something had gone wrong with it! The paramedic actually said I had trapped wind so I let it go on for a couple of weeks but after about 4 attacks I went to the docs who sent me for a scan......I hope I don't get one of those again anytime soon tho - its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful!! x

I had them since I was 17...it wasn't until I was 19 that I learned I had been misdiagnosed as having acid reflux disease, so I was treating a condition I didn't even have! Unfortunately, mine were so bad, and I was relatively young to have them, that I had laparoscopic surgery to have them removed...the only downfall was that it caused me to develop/worsen irritable bowel syndrome...and that sux! But, not nearly as painful as an attack of gallstones! Good Luck!

I've got them at present.. was supposed to be having keyhole surgery on wednesday but because i had a slight cough, i apparantly have a 'throat infection'.

Having them out on the 27th may now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"