• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones!!!

Joffrey was a shithead but I'll miss him! He was such a great character!
I totally agree. The actor did such an amazing job creating a character that you absolutely hated. I remember the very first time we met him both my hubby and I despised him! :haha:

It is weird having the main "bad guy" dead...

See i never viewed Joffrey as the main bad guy, because he was a puppet (sometimes out of control but) of Tywin, Cersai and then the Tyrells. I see Stannis and Bolton as more of the bad guys.

That's the thing about the series that makes it fascinating for me. There isn't one singular villain. It's all varying degrees of good and bad with a heavy dose of human nature.

Stannis? Really? Stannis is pretty decent in the books. But yeah I agree, it's really unusual to have a series where no one is completely a good or bad character. You can't even be safe in hating Cersei!
OH loves Stannis (hes a bookreader) i really don't like him at all and i hate Melisandre!

Stannis is kind of "meh" to me. Maybe it's because in the books he's not a point of view character. Or it could just be because he's so rigid and uncompomising.

I totally agree. The actor did such an amazing job creating a character that you absolutely hated. I remember the very first time we met him both my hubby and I despised him! :haha:

See i never viewed Joffrey as the main bad guy, because he was a puppet (sometimes out of control but) of Tywin, Cersai and then the Tyrells. I see Stannis and Bolton as more of the bad guys.

That's the thing about the series that makes it fascinating for me. There isn't one singular villain. It's all varying degrees of good and bad with a heavy dose of human nature.

Stannis? Really? Stannis is pretty decent in the books. But yeah I agree, it's really unusual to have a series where no one is completely a good or bad character. You can't even be safe in hating Cersei!
OH loves Stannis (hes a bookreader) i really don't like him at all and i hate Melisandre!

I don't love him but he's obviously a decent guy, you know? I didn't get that in to the series so I don't remember what he was like. Yeah I despised Melisandre for ageesss! She's getting all weird in the last book though so I don't know what I think of her anymore.

I don't love him but he's obviously a decent guy, you know? I didn't get that in to the series so I don't remember what he was like. Yeah I despised Melisandre for ageesss! She's getting all weird in the last book though so I don't know what I think of her anymore.

I think Stannis comes across a bit more of an arsehole in the book? Although i do feel for him with his daughter.

I never thought Stannis was bad per se, just yet another pawn in everyone else's plots for things. Although I was a bit "erm" with him locking his daughter away, but in the books I got the impression that he does love her and wants to protect her. So I suppose locking her away from people who'd be mean to her is a form of love. :shrug:

I never thought Stannis was bad per se, just yet another pawn in everyone else's plots for things. Although I was a bit "erm" with him locking his daughter away, but in the books I got the impression that he does love her and wants to protect her. So I suppose locking her away from people who'd be mean to her is a form of love. :shrug:

And he protects her from her Mum who is abit, odd..

That she is! I forgot how odd she was and was reminded watching last week's episode lol :haha:

Ha ha ha Hubby and I just watched that episode this afternoon. Only in GoT! :rofl:

I really loved Daenerys' scene where she's entering Meereen. When it ended both hubby and I were like "NO!!!" :rofl: Its funny, for the most part we know what's going to happen (not tit for tat as its been awhile since we read the books) but it is so awesome to see it all on the show that I hate when the episodes end. :rofl:

What's with the new accent with Petyr Baelish?! Am I missing something?

I'm getting kind of bored of Daenerys' storyline. I LOVE her, but it kind of feels like the same thing over and over again.

I'm getting kind of bored of Daenerys' storyline. I LOVE her, but it kind of feels like the same thing over and over again.
Yup she needs to do something interesting soon!

Baelish is just soooo creepy :/

Bookwise i think she does this for a while basically, she travels around, freeing slaves being a Stormborn/Dragons etc.

Balish is such a creep!

Have you guys seen the massive backlash with Sunday's episode? I know they don't follow the books to a perfect T, but GRRM and the directors/producers of the show have been under fire for the Cersei/Jamie rape scene.

Have you guys seen the massive backlash with Sunday's episode? I know they don't follow the books to a perfect T, but GRRM and the directors/producers of the show have been under fire for the Cersei/Jamie rape scene.

See i knew it was coming, but, i just didn't see it as rape? She was saying no but also kissing him back? It was sort of like a doesn/t want to but does want to thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->