• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones!!!

I was quite disappointed with Mondays episode! Didn't really have me gripped!

Can I just ask, those that have read all of the books so far, is there something blossoming between Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth?? I hope so :)

Hodor :(.
According to OH none of that, with Hodor and Bran being caught happened in the books, so no idea where thats even going but i assume it means Jon might reunite with him?

Yeah this week was pretty boring. Don't know what to think of Jamie! One week he's possibly raping his sister and the next week he's trying to save sansa :wacko:

I quite liked this episode, although was a bit confused at the end of it with the creepy white walker dude and the baby. :huh:

I think cuz I view it as building more plot devices, setting up story lines etc. Hubby was confused with the whole part of Pod leaving with Brienne, neither of us remember if he actually did or what happened to him actually. I'll have to re-read my books. :haha:

But I think there needs to be some leeway from the books and the TV show. I never really cared for Pod's character in the books, I quite like him in the show. It may be a way to either tie off his story arc (leaving with Brienne) or being able to continue more with him as he's a likeable character on the show. :flower:

ETA - Its not to say that I didn't LIKE Pod in the books - more that I found other characters more interesting and didn't really retain whatever happens to him. I want to say something bad does but for the life of me I have no clue. :blush:

I was quite disappointed with Mondays episode! Didn't really have me gripped!

Can I just ask, those that have read all of the books so far, is there something blossoming between Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth?? I hope so :)

I want to say (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but as it stands in the books, nothing so far has happened romantically between Brienne and Jamie :flower:

Thanks for clarifying!

Also, someone please explain to me, I had to rewind this part on the last episode but still don't understand :blush: Has Jaime sent Brienne to kill Sansa or to help her? I just didn't get it at all lol!

Also, was it confirmed that Petyr Baelish was behind Joffreys death? What involvement did the Tyrell's have? I couldn't work out whether it was Sansa's necklace or Marjjory's (sp) that was supposedly behind it?!

Sorry for sounding thick :haha: It's all very confusing!

Brienne is going to help Sansa. I was under the impression that Baelish and the Tyrells were working together, but that the grandmother was sort of the 'mastermind'.

I think it's all supposed to be pretty vague still at this point!

My kindle packed in partway through book 3 so I don't know any spoilers. But I took it from the last episode that petyr baelish was probably responsible but with a little assistance from grandma tyrell. She didnt suggest that she had done it at all, but she certainly suggested she knew who had, which I thought meant she was in league with them.
Somebody posted about baelish's accent, yes very wierd!! Aiden Gillen (the actor who plays him) played a character "John Boy" in a brilliant Irish tv series "Love/Hate" and tbh baelish sounded *exactly* like John boy in that episode!!
But I also noticed hodor's northern Irish accent coming through in his "hodoring" for the first time that episode! And Jamie Lannister's Scandinavian twang! Maybe it was "bring-your-own-accent-to-work-day" on set that day! :winkwink: x

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5270666?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063 :haha:
(Spoilers from last episode)

Brienne is supposed to find and protect Sansa, as a way of fulfilling the oath they made to Catelyn Stark despite Catelyn being dead. And Pod does get sent with her in the books as well, for his own safety because he tries to stay loyal to Tyrion.

Brienne/Jamie - I don't know, I never saw anything romantic between them. They start out loathing each other, and at best it turned into respect. It's just awkward because Brienne just saw him as a man without honor - the "Kingslayer" and Jamie doesn't seem to have respect for any women.

The part at Craster's Keep bugged me in a way that no other deviation has, so far. In the books they steered clear of keeps/people to avoid possible situations just like that. It also bugged me that in the show Sam tells Jon when in the books he keeps the secret. At least when given the choice of going to his brother, Bran chose to continue north instead.

I enjoyed this week's episode! I think the lack of Bran helped....

I'm really into the Ramsay/Theon storyline, I can't tell if it's because it's actually getting good or if it's just my massive crush on Ramsay clouding my judgment.

It was a good Tyrion episode also, I was reminded why I love him so much!!!

Great second half this episode! First half was a bit boring. Daenerys plot is SO tedious!

The Theon stuff was good, but it was all about the trial! Tyrion is just awesome!

I enjoyed this week's episode! I think the lack of Bran helped....

I'm really into the Ramsay/Theon storyline, I can't tell if it's because it's actually getting good or if it's just my massive crush on Ramsay clouding my judgment.

It was a good Tyrion episode also, I was reminded why I love him so much!!!

I forgot about your Ramsey love! Something tells me you loved the topless scene where he unleashed the dogs :haha:

I loved last nights episode. The absolute best so far. OH read out Tyrions passage from the book for me and i actually preferred the way Dinkalage did it on screen.
I also loved the way it kept cutting to Jamie throughout the trial, he seems so torn, between his brother and his father, you can see him pulling away from Cersai.

I loved Dany realizing just what it means to be a Queen on a throne, that its not the same as freeing cities, there's far more to it than that.

Loved loved loved loved last nights episode! Defo the best of the season by a mile! Absolutely adore Tyrion and I just knew he would request a trial be combat :haha:

I agree that the Daenerys's storyline is getting a bit 'blahhh' now, hope it picks up soon. That dragon was scary though!! Almost as scary as Ramsey Snow :rofl:

According to OH they are speeding Danys story up to keep it interesting show wise, but from a book point of view, Dany spends a long time freeing cities and spending ten minutes announcing all her various names.

I have to agree, Great episode of GOT last night! Made me think that Jamie leaving the kings guard to protect Tyrion was tywin's plan all along! And that maybe tywin had something to do with Joffrey 's death after all! I wonder who he'll have to marry? And whether Tyrion will nominate one-hand-Jamie to fight for him? Ooh exciting!
Altho I felt empty for not getting my dose of Jon snow.....:cry: x

hearing all great things about this season but I haven't seen any yet :( all is good though read all the books

I forgot about your Ramsey love! Something tells me you loved the topless scene where he unleashed the dogs :haha:

Haha I sure did. It was on the previews after the previous episode and I looked forward to it all week! :haha: It's frighteningly easy for me to see past the whole sadistic psychopath thing. All I could think about was how adorable he was asking if Theon loved him. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->