Gender question

Laralou

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here so please tell me if this isn't the right place to post a question like this. I'm 17 weeks pregnant with twins. At my last u/s (13 weeks) I asked the tech if she could tell the genders. She said it was still early but would take a peek. We looked at Baby A for literally 5 seconds and she guessed boy then she looked at Baby B and spent a bit more time on this one but guessed boy as well. I've been doing some research though and it sounds like gender predictions this early (especially w/ potty shots which are all we saw) aren't reliable. Can anyone take a look at these pics and tell me what you think? I'm going mad (I'm really hoping for one of each)!!! :wacko:
THANK YOU!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 83
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 85
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 69
Those look boyish to me. I was told boy at 15 weeks. And you could totally tell he was boy, could see everything.

Post those over on ingender.com and see what they say over there. But I would say boy to them.

Congrats either way!!!!

By the way we don't know yet if they're identical or fraternal...

Oh, also, I did post on In-gender and have gotten almost all unsure or 50/50 responses, which just makes this even more confusing! Wish I had clear-as-day nub shots. :(

I think the one in the middle is definitely a boy. I would think, but I am not an expert by any means.

You get more ultrasounds with multiples though, right? So maybe you won't have to wait much longer to find out for sure.

Thanks for the feedback! A lot of the guesses at IG have been boy for that one (Baby B), but say Baby A could go either way. Two techs gave a slight lean toward boy/girl twins. My next u/s is on Tues. so I don't have much longer to wait (although it feels like an eternity!).

The first one I'm not sure.. the other two definitely look like boy shots to me! :) And I'm someone who doubted my first ultrasounds at 20 weeks because the potty shot was not clear at all and went for a private scan and got potty shots that look like the 2nd two shots you have posted.

i think 13 weeks is too early to tell, I would not assume boys yet. Can't wait to hear what they are at your next u/s

They do look like boys compared to my scan at 13w.
Our baby had nothing at all between the legs, but the sonographer said it was too early to tell. We are still expecting it to be confirmed a girl in a couple of weeks tho :flower:

Thanks for the responses! I have a 3-1/2 yr old DD who is fully expecting two baby sisters so it would make it easier on me if at least one were a girl. :) Otherwise I'll be happy with whoever they are. :)

Thanks for the responses! I have a 3-1/2 yr old DD who is fully expecting two baby sisters so it would make it easier on me if at least one were a girl. :) Otherwise I'll be happy with whoever they are. :)

Once/if its confirmed that both are boys, tell her that a little sister would just annoy her, steal her clothes and makeup when she's older etc :rofl:

Once/if its confirmed that both are boys, tell her that a little sister would just annoy her, steal her clothes and makeup when she's older etc :rofl:

Very good advice :) I guess I'm not totally convinced yet of Baby A (the last pic) because that was the only view we got (and I don't mean the only pic we got, I mean she saw that little bit and said "likely boy" then moved onto Baby B). And it's not even a potty shot, is it? Isn't it a view from the top? Aaaggghh...Tuesday can't come soon enough!

They didn't say if they were identical or not? That is ODD.

They both look like boys for sure.

Also, if they're identical, they'll both be the same gender.

The study I found said that out of 100 women at 13 weeks, 89% were told genders, 99% of the boy determinations were right, and I think only 96% of the girl determinations were right. So, pretty good chance.

No, my dr. won't tell me if they're id or fraternal, he seems to think it's too early to tell. ??? But they each have their own sac and own placenta and were measuring about 3 days difference at our 9 week u/s which makes me think they're probably fraternal. (Tech also thinks they're fraternal for the same reasons.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->