Gender Specific Hopefuls

Just found out my friends gf is having a girl I can't wait til tomorrow by this time ill know what I'm having bet its blue all the way though :) xx

Good Luck I'm excited for you. One of the Mums on GD in the October due date thread just had her scan yesterday and is expecting her 7th boy!

CAnt wait to hear your news Geordie!

One of the Mums on GD in the October due date thread just had her scan yesterday and is expecting her 7th boy!

It's stuff like this that make it hard for me to believe it is truly 50-50 for every couple. Sure, maybe over the course of the entire population it rounds out to 50-50 (which actually it doesn't, it's more like 52% :blue: and 48% :pink: anyways), but evenso, it's not like they test every single male, so i dont get how they think that. Not to mention, females play a part in gender determination as well. Sure the man carries the :spermy: but the environment of the female makes a difference too. ...anyways, just kind of ranting but it seems like couple to couple it's not always what they say. I know soooo many ppl that have all one gender or they have a majority gender (for instance 4 boys and 1 girl, 3 girls and 1 boy, etc). I really think it depends on the couple if it's really 50-50 or not. Clearly it wasn't for us.

I always say that! They haven't tested every single man, surely the only way to know is to test every man. Apparently its to do with how sperm are made. Someone also asked over ther once if there was a chance that a man could have substandard x or y sperm and the opposite be very healthy so always get through, and apparently thats not really likely either again because of how they are made.

Oh and she swayed as well, plus turns 40 2 weeks before her baby is due so she said this is really it she can't go again.
It does seem that no matter what there are those families that are so one sided you have to wonder if it really is such an even chance after all.

Totally. For example, my gram had 4 boys and then 1 girl. My mom had 1 boy and then 4 girls. My moms eldest brother had all three boys. My moms other brother had 3 girls followed by 1 boy. My brother has 3 boys and 1 girl. My sister has two boys. DH's dad has 8 other siblings (so 9 kids total in his family) and there are only 2 girls! And get this, with all of my siblings, my mom has 13 grandchildren. and only 2 of them are girls, so that means there are 11 grandsons!!! Now i realize that 4 out of 5 of my siblings are girls (so it's not like they are the ones producing sperm) BUT all of our lifestyles and genetics are obviously similar. That is why i say the couple itself means more than JUST the male and the sperm. Sure the sperm is the ultimate decision maker, but a females body can really create certain evironments and which sperm make it to the end or not. And when you look at evidence like that it's hard to believe it always 50-50 (which again, it isn't actually 50-50, it's 52-48)

Yep, I'm pretty sure I haven't helped myself LOL I do like to eat and have a HE diet most of the time. And from reading on GD I think I may have a slightly higher level of testosterone.
In DH family following the male line there has always been one man having all boys, his grandad being one of 6, then having 3 himself, DH dad then had a girl then 2 boys, the middle brother having 3 boys and the 3rd brother having a boy and 2 girls. So still more boys but evening out a little. In the next generation, (DH and his brother/sister and cousins) all the girls had boys and girls, while the boys had all girls, other than DH brother who has 1 of each, and DH who now has 4 boys. Out of his Grandads 18 grandchildren there will be 5 boys with the family name.
And out of DH parents 8 grandchildren only 2 are girls.

On my side, going back to my Nans Nan, there was a girl then a boy then several girls (large families with 7+ children) the eldest girl (nans nan) had a girl and then boy then a few girls. The eldest girl was my nans mum, she had a girl and boy then stopped when her husband was killed at war and never remarried. My Nan and her brother both had 1 daughter each. My Mum had me and then twin boys. My brother has a daughter. So I've broken the girl first pattern. Out of my Mums 5 grandchildren there is 1 girl.

7boys I wouldn't keep going I was going to stop at 3 was on the pill with ds 4 so he was a suprise but after him I was done no more then I split with their dad and met my oh and he hasn't got kids but admitted he wanted one so I said ill have one and one only didn't expect to lose the 4 first as never had an issue before so I guess my chances of a girl are a little better :/ or maybe different to with the boys dad!! I did say when we thought it was all over the other night that I won't try again cause I can't take anymore loss xx

I think the problem is that there is always that "maybe next time, maybe if I do this differently or that differently" I've also seen posts titled "after 7 girls its a boy"
I'm already thinking do I convince DH to try again or don't I? Could I cope with another baby, and most likely another boy? There would be absolutely no chance of a 6th so then that would really be my last, would I be more upset knowing there were no more chances after that? If I did try again, do I sway? It took so long to conceive this one, (I guess I can refer to him as DS4 now) that I don't think I could (or should) keep up the girl diet that long. And if I swayed would I get my hopes up, and end up crushed when it turned out to be another boy, or would I be OK because I knew I had given it my best shot and it was just meant to be that way?

It does seem to be more often ladies seeking girls after a boy heavy family, I wonder if its partly because as we are generally healthier more pregnancies are surviving the early stages. I think? 2/3 pregnancies are boys but as males in general are more delicate they have a higher chance of miscarrying, so it used to balance out more to the 50/50. But with improved health in general the chance of a woman holding all her pregnancies are increasing, especially the natural boy mums who may have the High nutrition lifestyles. So the girl mums with up and down lifestyles are still going with a 50/50 shot each time and the all boy mums are actually improving natures plan!

Hope this made sense and didn't offend anyone:thumbup:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow now no matter what I just can't wait to see it herd heartbeat again today and he/she is defo moving around more x

Good, I think its much better going in excited to know rather than scared to hear one gender over the other.
I can't wait to hear which team your joining!

Haha I know it will be team blue I swear if they say pink ill want them to check about 50 times and probably still won't believe them xx

Its a good thing you'll be laying down so you don't fall over if they say pink LOL

Haha ill fall off the bed probably lol but seriously I'm so expecting to hear blue to make me 5 aside team xx

Ill let you all know by 1 at the latest tomorrow just hope they can bloody see x

I was 16 weeks and 5 days. I half expected them to not be able to see after the trouble he gave them at my other scan and when they midwife tried to hear the heart beat. He's definitely like his brothers LOL

I'm only 16+1 but my mate got told at 15 weeks so hopefully they can tell x

The tech at my '12 weeks scan' (even though I was 13 weeks when it was done) told me DS2 was a boy. If they are experienced enough they can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->