Gender Specific Hopefuls

I totally get where your coming from I didn't keep trying or a girl but 1 would of been nice for family balancing but with 5 boys it means I can get away with doing one thing most of the time instead of a boys thing and a girls thing I think if we had of had a girl she would of been centre stage for everyone in the family as there hasn't been a girl born on our side since my sister died in 1985 its all been boys so a girl would of been a novelty for everyone if that makes sense without sounding nasty xx

Can I please be added? Just decided we're going to start TTC in January but NTNP until then. :) we already have an almost 2 year old SON so praying that this one will be our girl. :')

I havent gotten over the fact that im having my third boy...cant seem to be happy, i feel this silly jealousy when i hear ppl getting their dream gender and not having to go thru GD...feel like screaming that its not fair! Ugh i hate this can't even joy my pregnancy and looking at boy things doesn't help. Feeling very depressed :cry:

Are you feeling any better yet?

yeah its a worry that a girl would get some kind of extra attention or made out to be more special. Out of 8 grandchildren there are 2 girls on DH side, out of 5, there is one girl on my side. I know for a fact my 14 year old niece is desperate for another girl in the family. There would definitely be a level of favourtism going on that I wouldn't like.
When I was having my 2nd my Nan said "if you get a girl you'll have a pigeon pair and can stop" at the time I wanted 6 but kept my mouth shut. She only ever had 1 and only has 1 sibling so wouldn't have ever understood the desire for a big family.
Another thing I think about (because I think and worry about so many pointless 'what ifs' of the future) is DH wants us to move before we considered another. At the moment we are in a 2 bed, I've been looking at 3 beds and they are so much more expensive I don't think we could ever afford a 4 bed, so if I had 5 boys in a 3 bed I could have 3 in one room, 2 in another and have my own room. We have given up our room so that we can have 2 in each room and I don'y fancy sleeping on a sofa bed until they fly the nest LOL So another boy would work in that way.
I must admit to being a little annoyed at his 5 year wait plan. When we discussed ttc number 4 he said we wanted to wait 3 years to try. I wanted to have around 2 years age gap again. He said if we had 3 years or more between them I could have another close in age. As it turned out we started TTC when I wanted to, but it took 2 and a half years and I got my BFP the month before DS3 turned 3. So his got his way anyway. So really I should get my close age gap.

Motherofboys we have a problem with space. Our 3bed flat is a small one. Can't afford a 4 bed! I want to put the 3 boys in one room but DH thinks that 3 in a room is too much but the alternative is making our lounge smaller to make a tiny 4th bedroom and tbh I'd rather have more of a lounge!

I had the same problem when I had ds3 was only in a 2 bed flat and we had made it a 2 bed by halting the living room so we had a small ish living room and a big ish bedroom where all 3 would stay I can honestly say that my boys are really close cause they shared the only thing was when I moved to a tiny and I mean tiny 3 bed they all wanted to share but couldn't now I'm in a 4 bed with 4 excellent sized bedrooms and an en suite so the kids have their own bathroom which is heaps better but we just rent couldn't afford to buy in the current market well not in the area we want and the size we want!!!

A solution motherofboys is try and buy a 3 or even a 2 bed with a large dining room and you and dh make that into your room xx

I am still waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting.

1 day overdue.

bleh.

I want to see what my baby is and what s/he looks like!

Ugh willow going overdue is horrid :( I was induced at term+10 with DS2

:hugs: being overdue does stink. I didn't have DS1 until 41+5. Hope it's not much longer for you :dust: Cnat wait to hear about it <3

Yep know that feeling too, I was 12 days late with ds2 in the run up to Christmas :(

Sorry havent been on in ages. Until now we have had all 3 boys in one room and were planning to have all 4 in one room but in the end we decided that splitting them would give them more playing room and bed times were becoming difficult as DS3 got older and he and DS2 both like an audience LOL So now DS2 has his own room for the time being (I know its weird to do it that way rather than the older 2 and younger 2 but they decided they wanted it that way and I felt mean to evict DS2 from the top bunk LOL we have 2 sets of bunk beds already.) We are only renting, but the current prices in our village are stupid. The 3 beds that I have found on line are almost double our current rent!!!!!
Our house is quite small. We do have a dining room but it doesn't have a door into it as such, you have to walk through it to get to the kitchen and bathroom. I did think you could board it off a bit so there was a passage way and a room but then there would be no where for a table and we like to eat at the table as a family. The living room, dining room and both bedrooms are 9x10 foot. They barely have room to play once you add furniture into that space. It was supposed to be a 6 months stop gap to get out of DH Mums and we have now been here 6 years LOL

We rent too and prices are high round here we got a really good deal on this house though we pay a fortune but its cheaper than most around here and the space is good x

Our flat is ours but our mortgage is £900 a month and its a small 3 bed. Houses are out if the question as you're looking at least £750,000! Even 4 bed flats are out of our limit and that's with both of us working full time!

Ours is cheap for the area, but then again we don't have double glazing, its on road parking and we are the only house with one car. So its very hard to find anywhere near the house to park (which is something that DH moans about constantly) We also have no gas at all, which means no central heating, just a couple of storage heaters. The house isn't in the best condition either. But for £50 less than what we pay, you can get a 1 bed flat in the surrounding areas. So money wise we can't really complain. Its just that a few months ago I was looking, just dreaming about one day moving and all the 3 beds were about 200 more than our rent, I had been thinking perhaps we could maybe, just about do it. If I was very good with my spending. But then I looked to see if anything was up the other day and the first thing I saw was 400 more and they just kept going up. They are slightly cheaper in the next village but I don't really want to leave the village as I don't drive so would mean changing school and pre-school and the ones they are at atm are better than the one they would end up at.

In Kent, the place most people know thats nearest is the Isle of Sheppey. but I actually live in a little village on the main land not far from there LOL

My in laws live in a village in Yorkshire somewhere that doesn't have central heating and that I don't know how you do it I couldn't manage without it x

We are used to it now. My youngest 2 were born in this house and feel no cold. Its funny when we go to the in laws and they turn the heating up even higher than they usually have it because they don't want the boys to get cold and they all end up with bright red cheeks and having to take their jumpers off LOL
When its really cold we just add extra layers, and I wear my dressing gown over my clothes LOL But I'm the one who feels it most.

I wear my dressing gown over my clothes cause oh moans about heating been on all the time lol x

Been reading ladies, i just dont have much to contribute to the conversation.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Can I please be added? Just decided we're going to start TTC in January but NTNP until then. :) we already have an almost 2 year old SON so praying that this one will be our girl. :')

:hi: you have been added :friends:
So sorry about the delay. I saw this ages ago but kept forgetting to update :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->