Gender Specific Hopefuls

People keep asking me if I'm gutted and I may get a girl next time I just say no next time and just because I'm having a boy I'm not gutted as long as he is healthy that's all that matters plus now I really think I just can't carry girls so defo won't keep trying anyway!! Ds
1 asked how much it cost to adopt when I asked why he said well why don't we adopt a little girl then we can have a sister and give a baby a nice home xx

aww thats so sweet!
I would feel so uncomfortable specifying I wanted to adopt a girl that I'd probably end up adopting a boy if I ever did that LOL
I was going to ask how your boys felt now, because I remember they wanted a sister.

I'm back. Baby is healthy, estimated at 1lb 1oz at 22 weeks exactly. Being a little monkey, every scan I have or even midwife appointment trying to hear the heart beat, baby causes trouble. This time I almost had to go for a walk just so they could check the nose and lips! Also still a boy. Though I almost never got told. Was asked twice if I wanted to know, got right to the end and he handed me some tissues and said that was it. Then remembered that he forgot one measurement, and then asked if he had told me the gender. They whole time they were measuring legs I never say a clear penis or anything and even when he did check the gender he said "another boy, theres a willy" and I could just see legs and nothing else! But also never saw lines and saw clear enough on my 16 week that he was a boy. Wasn't too impressed with the quality of the scan this time I have to be honest.

DS2 is full of questions atm and has asked "why did God only give you boys?" He was very clear in only wanting a brother and not wanting a sister at all, I think his just curious. I think because they talk about God at school his decided that it was God who chose to give us boys LOL

Pleased all is ok and pleased he is still a he lol I never seen bits yesterday tbh but she said oh he's a big boy it's defo not a girl with something that size between its legs oh of course was thrilled with that comment!! My pics are pretty poor I didn't think the quality was that good either xx

Glad both of your scans went well :) less than 3 months for my due date now!!!

Oh also my placenta is a little low but not too low atm. I have another scan at 32 weeks and they will check it again then.

Mine had moved up yesterday but they are checking that and my cervix at 25 weeks x

Finally told OH about feeling unattached to this pregnancy and he got mad and refuses to talk to me :'( like i didn't feel awful already :cries:

Men don't get it in fact they don't get much lol have you been to the docs it maybe that you have antenatal depression due to the gender! I'm sure once baby is born you will feel differently x

LAdies, glad to hear you had great scans!

hotbump- :hugs: so sorry :( That is horrible that he is treating you that way

I was asked out side pre-school yesterday if I'm pregnant and if I was trying to hide it! I'd hardly announce of facebook and let my kids take pictures to school for show and tell would I? (Her kid is in my sons class and she must be the only person who doesn't know)

I know, I'll be 23 week tomorrow so not like when you try to cover any bloating in the first weeks or anything. I'm proud of my bump and like to wear stuff that shows it off anyway (with in reason, like my normal tighter jumpers)
Perhaps if the only time she spoke to me wasn't to either try to get some gossip or info or to try to show off about her kid (which usually back fires as she tries to compare school stuff and my older boys are both well ahead of the expected levels) then she might not be the last to know and make herself looks silly LOL

We found out today that we are having another boy, BUT I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!! The past couple weeks I really changed my mind as far as gender preference goes, and realized how much I loved the idea of Harrison having a little brother to beebop around with. A second boy is the perfect addition to our family, and really compliments the existing family dynamic. On both sides of the family we are surrounded by little girls, so having a partner in crime for Harrison is a blessing:) Just wanted to give you guys an update, and some reassurance that gender disappointment (even anticipated) really CAN disappear in an instant. Now that we know, my previous desires that LO was a girl are completely a thing of the past. Good luck to everyone!!!!:)

We found out today that we are having another boy, BUT I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!! The past couple weeks I really changed my mind as far as gender preference goes, and realized how much I loved the idea of Harrison having a little brother to beebop around with. A second boy is the perfect addition to our family, and really compliments the existing family dynamic. On both sides of the family we are surrounded by little girls, so having a partner in crime for Harrison is a blessing:) Just wanted to give you guys an update, and some reassurance that gender disappointment (even anticipated) really CAN disappear in an instant. Now that we know, my previous desires that LO was a girl are completely a thing of the past. Good luck to everyone!!!!:)

Aww. that is so sweet :cloud9: you are going to love watching that bond form. It is truly the cutest thing ever. I am glad you are in such awesome spirits. Congratulations on your little :blue: bump <3

Glad to hear you are so happy hun, its great seeing the bond between brothers grow and develop.

This thread has been quiet lately. ...how is everyone doing? Any updates?
If i get time today i'll go stalking ;)

DH had his vasectomy done today. Overall it went over well. Even though we need it for medical reasons (and our sanity :lol:), it's a relief to know that GD will eventually be a thing of the past and something i wont have to deal with again. So in some freaky sort of way it's a bit of relief. (although im glad that we finally got our DG, but just in general it's nice to know i wont have to be up against it in the future. ...it was very severe after DS2) Anyways, all went pretty good w that. Will be nice not having to worry about BC ever again!

Hope you all are getting along well <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"