• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gender Specific Hopefuls

I can totally relate I found out the other week that 2 of mine were having girls one has a girl and a boy already the other has 3 boys and is having twins one girl one boy it does make you think why do they get what they want and I don't I thought I was over it but I don't think I totally will be til he is here cause there is still that slight chance if that makes sense!! I know ill love him and I'm ok with him being a him but every so often I get a twang of but I wanted a girl I hate looking at girls clothes and its totally unavoidable when they are right there in front of you as you look at the boys stuff I have got some gorgeous boys things though xx

Hiya...i'd love to join this thread if thats ok! I am currently expecting baby number 2!...i have a beautiful little boy who is 5 an woul love to have a little girl!! Fingers crossed!! EDD: 18/03/14 XX

Welcome! congrats on your new beany! Hope you get your little girl <3
Will you be finding out the sex or keeping it a surprise?

A friend with 3 girls just got a bfp and I feel like whatever she has I'm going to feel hard done by, if she has a girl I'll have to join in with her excitement of all those girly things, if she has a boy, then why did she get what she wanted and I didn't. When I was looking for clothes girls things kept popping up and I just wanted to buy them so much. The boys are really playing up at the moment so its not making changing DHs mind about another any easier. Even though every now and again he hints at one more.
I know I will be ok again soon, and I will love my baby. I guess its normal to have little lapses every now and then.

I can totally relate I found out the other week that 2 of mine were having girls one has a girl and a boy already the other has 3 boys and is having twins one girl one boy it does make you think why do they get what they want and I don't I thought I was over it but I don't think I totally will be til he is here cause there is still that slight chance if that makes sense!! I know ill love him and I'm ok with him being a him but every so often I get a twang of but I wanted a girl I hate looking at girls clothes and its totally unavoidable when they are right there in front of you as you look at the boys stuff I have got some gorgeous boys things though xx

:hugs: x2

I know, I thought I was pretty safe as I was looking for football kit sleepsuits but right there in with them were girls football team summer dresses and cute little swim suits with the team on them.
When I went for my scan the other week on the way there I had a little moment of "what if they tell me that everyone else had been wrong and its a girl??!!" But then we saw his boy bits the clearest we had seen them yet LOL
I thought I was over it as well, I felt that even if we had another, a 5th boy would be perfect and perhaps even preferable. A girl was not what was missing from my life and was not what was needed to complete my family. Now I wonder if I was kidding myself.
Pretty much everyone I know who is pregnant are having boys, one didn't find out and I just have a feeling she is having a girl. We used to wander round the shops together, being all broody, and going on about how we needed a girl. I just know that when we next get together I'll still be there pining over the girls stuff and she'll being buying it all.

I try to look at all the horrible girl stuff and say eee I wouldn't dare put my daughter in that to see if it makes me feel better it doesn't but never mind!!
I have not bought any real clothes yet just vests and baby grows got 2 pairs of dungarees that's it really I also want some covers made for the crib but I'm not even bothered about blue I want white I think where as had he have been a she everything would be pink I feel horrible feeling like that but like I said ill love him regardless cause he is my little boy and I wouldn't change him its just not nice feeling like that and I swear I only found out about my 2 friends so it could be rubbed in cause I ain't spoke to them for ages then I get them texts xx

I've mainly bought vests and sleep suits. I think I need some little soft trouser type things, sure I have loads of tops, but the older 2 I used to dress them in little outfits right from the start, where as DS3 and this one I want hem in softer 'baby' style clothes like the all in ones.

Yeah I was like that with the first 2 but with the last 2 and this one I kept them in baby stuff for ages x

I did have someone make a comment that DS3 was in his pajamas once cos he had an all in one on. They would have had something to say if he was in jeans as well I expect. Can't win with some people.

The cheek some people have is ridiculous at the end of the day its about them being comfy and a sleep suit is the best thing for comfort x

I'm looking forward to that too and h had a go with the buggy down at my mams the other day and feels lovely to push just need him here x

Have to admit though, if I was having a girl, I don't know if it would be all sleepsuits etc I'd be too excited and want to put her in dresses and stuff straight away lol
Hate feeling this way, hope it passes again soon. This pregnancy was much harder at the start and I thought that was it, whatever happened I couldn't do it again. Now its so much easier than my last pregnancy that I feel 'why not do it again'. Then I think of the months of disappointment TTC, then the anxiousness and hope over the gender, then to hear boy again, knowing its 100% the last go. I know in the end I'd be ok with it, but can I go through this process again, knowing its so much more final, there is no more chance of another after that. Or do I give up now and just get used to the idea like I thought I was already.
I am really excited for him to be here though. I don't want anyone to think I'm not. And I'm grateful to be having a baby at all. I can't wait to see what he looks like, how much he weighs, what the others are like with him. I bet he breaks the pattern of all the others arriving on the weekend. Just because everything has been so different this time round.

I know how you feel it will get easier and this is defo my last so I'm in the position you will be in if you try again but like you say you just have to be ok with it im really struggling with the pregnancy at the minute and just want it over with my doc thinks I'm depressed ill be fine once he is in my arms though I'm just tired and hormonal and fed up of no sleep pain and not being able to get around properly xx

Yeah, I mean I did want another one anyway. But I don't know if it will be harder to accept next time or not. I shouldn't even be worrying about it now, I've not got this one here yet LOL

After ds 4 I was like that's it no more I didn't even think I would ever have another but her I am 32 weeks nearly at the start I was hopeful it was a girl but in the back of my mind I did wonder if my Mcs were girls and that was the reason for them so now its confirmed in my mind that no matter how many I have they will always be boys xx

I forgot to say in my last reply that I love your pic. I think the most recent one I have of all 3 of mine posing together they are dressed as pirates LOL
I'm not sure if there is any point in trying for a girl iykwim, I've read so many different things and I'm not sure if its DH, or if its me and the 'environment' I make for the little swimmers, if its a case of my eggs being more accepting of male sperm. Something about DH and I together. I feel like I will always have boys. And although I did want another baby, whatever gender, I do wonder if its better to not have another. Just for practical reasons and whether the thing pushing me to want 'just one more' is that little bit of hope that next time it might be a girl. You got to stop somewhere right? DH and I can't even agree on whether there will be another and if there is when, and I can't decide if its worth the extra heart ache of trying to sway and then failing. As much as I want to believe theres a chance it will be a girl I already feel theres no way it could happen.

Thanks I only had them done cause I have none of all 4 of them together and wanted some before baby came my friend is trying her hand at photography so she done them she is going to do some more once baby arrives!!

I totally know what you mean about trying again had I not of met oh I don't think I would of had another!! And like you say its the hearing its a boy again that is worrying and the effects it has on you. My mam even says to me now that she thinks I'm struggling with pregnancy so much cause my heart isn't in it where as had he of been a girl it would of been!! Don't get me wrong like I've said he will be loved no matter what I generally don't like being pregnant anyway and my body is tired off having so many children and the fact that in the past 19 months I've been pregnant 5 times!!

You will know if you can put your self through it again in time but don't rush into it straight away if your not 100% you could be sure you will be ok with another boy xx

Even though I didn't have a preference with DS3 I think I expected he'd be a girl, I wasn't sad when they said boy, I'd just kind of thought there would be a girl in there somewhere and was surprised when there wasn't. And DH said we could try again right after. So I didn't enjoy the last part of my pregnancy. I wanted it over with so I could try again which makes me feel horrible. And then it ended up taking so long to fall pregnant anyway. Of course I was also suffering physically with back problems and groin pain and was a lot bigger. Having them close together probably didn't help. But I think I can understand what your Mum means about your heart not being in it so your struggling more.

It sounds so horrible to say though as I know ill be fine once he is here x

I know what you mean, it just makes it that bit tougher to deal with. I kind of thought if I'd got a girl this time it would have made all that time TTC, all the heartache and worry 'worth it' which I know sounds bad, but I'm not sure how else to word it. Of course his going to be worth it anyway.
But sometimes it feels like there is a reason behind the gender. Like the friend who just got her BFP, he sister is pregnant, she is only 16 and there was up roar. But she has found out she is having the first grandson so suddenly their Dad is ok with it and all excited.
I know I wont love him any less for being a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->