Gender Specific Hopefuls

Hiya Pinkribbon, yes a boy would be obvious at your stage of pregnancy. With me, i am the opposite of you, desperately wanted a boy but my last baby is also a girl. i noticed at my 20 week scan there was no dangle when i saw a potty shot. i had it confirmed because i knew baby was a girl at a 29 week growth scan. I thought I'd find out so I could get prepared but I really did suffer with gender disappointment this time round because this is my last baby. I think I made a mistake finding out the gender, I shouldn't have because it ruined my pregnancy. With my others I never asked and I had nice pregnancies and just fell in love with my babies when i saw them.
My ob and other professionals have made it clear to me that it would be very very risky to try again even this time I am higher risk. I just feel sad that I have not been given the opportunity to have any more children otherwise I would have tried a couple more times. Will be having my tubes tied this time round. Anyway, sorry for ranting on. Pink ribbon, basing your scan shot on the skull theory, to me baby looks like a girl. Fingers crossed for you.

I have my section in 5 days time, just hope everything goes well and I get to hold my little bundle in my arms. i just see it as, I know I did not get my little man but at least I have been able to have children. What would have life been like if I didn't have these little children. Take care x

I'm sorry to hear you aren't getting the son you desperately want, but I'm also happy and excited for you that you're having another daughter! :)

For all the pregnancy may have had the shine taken away a little because of the disappointment so to speak I have every faith you will have the same wave of love you had with your other children. When you see her face for the first time I'm sure you'll fall in love just as hard :)

Part of me thinks we get what we're given for a reason. But then the other feels really sad for those feeling their families are incomplete without a son or a daughter. I don't know if I will feel incomplete if I don't have a daughter, but I'm scared I will. :nope::shrug:

I have days where I really don't mind, days where I'm a little hung up and think too hard on it and feel a bit over emotional and days where I actually hope for another boy because of fear of the unknown. Every time I see baby on the scan everything goes out the window and I love whoever is in there, so I'm glad I didn't find out. It's just hard at times thinking is it a she, is it a he. Time will tell!

Good luck for your section, I hope it's an enjoyable experience for you - I'm sure it will be! :flow:

Hope you have a smooth delivery baby321! i am sure you will love this baby even though she isn't what you had hoped. :hugs: it may be hard, and if you need encouragement or help thats what this section is for :friends:

pinkribbon, that makes a lot of sense to me!

Baby: GL on your birth!!

Pinkribbon: You sound like one amazing woman! At 28 weeks boys are almost always VERY well endowed so it's very clear, however that is with a full-on, legs open shot. It does sound like you might have a little princess on the way, but because baby is in water and what-not , how knows if the male bits floated up a little or for whatever reason just wasn't within a shot. If it was a frontal shot i'd say you were definitely having a girl, but at this point it still pretty much remains a total mystery. I'm in a lot of suspense for you...I want to know...right now! LOL! :) hehe.

It was a kinda underneath view, with 2 legs slightly open and the bum. I'm not sure if it may have just been angled so we couldn't see though as she knew we didn't want to find out sex. Not too much longer to go! I have another scan at 32 weeks, may get further clues at that :haha:

Thankyou Pink, Guppy and SLCMommy for your kind words. Thankyou for being here for me.

Pink, I feel exactly how you have described. Some days you feel ok and some days you begin to miss what you don't have. I am sure I will love this baby with all my heart. I feel in love with her all ready. Just want the delivery to go ok because it is abit more riskier than the other times.

Best of luck ladies. Hope all of you get what you desire. You are all very lovely and kind ladies on here xxxxxx

you are so sweet baby321 :flower:

we are moving our TTC date up...im super nervous! It was kind of unexpected. yesterday i had to go to the doc for another UTI. I have a bad prolapsed bladder and a bit of rectocyle. Its been causing me pain, discomfort, pressure in my bladder and vagina, and voiding problems since i gave birth to DS2. I also have a retroverted uterus which is making things worse. And :sex: hurts too. Anyways, they told me i would def need surgery to correct it. My OBGYN told me the same last month. They asked me if i was done having kids (im only 24). I said we want at least one more (to try for our girl). and said we were going to start TTC January 2014. Well they agreed that we should try for our last sooner rather than later...i honestly didn't think i would even be discussing that at an appt for a UTI, so it's very unexpected. ...i am nervous having 3 under 3 if we move it forward, but DH and I decided it would best to move it forward and move on with our lives. so we will be TTC after Christmas....im so very nervous and a bit on the fence, but the pros seemed to outweight the cons of wating.....im really nervous bc we wanted to do shuttles (i know its not foolproof but want to give this girl our best shot). however, im not ov.ing as im still BFing. I am tracking my temps but im not going to have enough cycles charted....i pray that it works....ladies who have girls, what did you do as far as timing/diet/ect of TTC a girl? i know its anecdotal but just interested in that.

i have an acount at genderdreams (or whatever that site is called) but just thought i would ask here.

In my experience of Shettles - follow it religiously for a boy and then watch in amazement as you have your 4th daughter :dohh::haha:

In my experience of Shettles - follow it religiously for a boy and then watch in amazement as you have your 4th daughter :dohh::haha:

:rofl: Hahaha,
well we did it for a boy both times and ended up with two boys (we wern't trying though, just realized looking back through my charts)

I had never heard of Shettles until this pregnancy (we used it to try for boy) but with our girls we didn't do a thing! To be honest, #2 was a complete surprise, and I wasn't even sure when I'd conceived/when my lmp had been. We had to find out our due date at a 12-week scan!

Guppy, I think it's great that you're moving up your ttc date! Just remember that even after you conceive you have the better part of a year to prepare. You'll be fine!

My DH says he wants to pay for a private scan to find out this baby's gender instead of waiting until October 3rd at the anomoly scan. I'll be 21 weeks then! It seems like everyone is finding out right now that's about my same gestation, and I want to know, dang it! But part of me is really scared, too. Part of me wants to wait and not let this pregnancy be soured a bit if it's another girl. I have to admit, though, I've been coming around to the idea of a 3rd little lady. Urgh!! What do you guys think?

BTW, I had a fight with DH the other night about why he doesn't seem interested AT ALL with this pregnancy, and he said, "if we find out it's a boy, I'll be interested." I was so hurt and shocked I just sat there.

I've just booked a gender scan for 2 weeks time. I'm not sure I want to know...I'm convinced this is girl no 5 and I'm scared to have it confirmed. DH is the one who is keen to find out

Shuttles didn't work for me. We tried for a girl and got a boy! (But sadly, lost him when I was 14 weeks :cry::cry: )

Sorry about your loss hunny :hugs:.

I'm getting nervous now. Wednesday seems so close. I really hope it's a girl. I really do.
xoxox

I am sorry for your loss SLC mommy.

Good luck beccaxbump and bigmomma74 xxx

Already have one girl, hoping for another, find out on 5th sept. Second baby due 18th feb

Congrats Jadey!

Oooo, my scan is tomorrow. Let's hope Baby C is a she :)
xoxox

Congrats Jadey!

Good luck Becca, I'll be thinking of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->