Gender Specific Hopefuls

i'm not sure if you're suppose to take it while bf or not, do you have a herbal store there where you could ask?

Iloveyou, no, first was a straight forward birth but I was induced, I did have a previa but it resolved itself. This time not so lucky :cry:

Aw that's hard! We're opposites! My first was a c-section, and my second was a VBAC. I know how hard that is, I really do. 5 years later, and a successful drug free VBAC and I STILL have hard feelings about my section. Just remember you're doing what you have to do to keep your little one healthy! I hope you have good supports when you come home. To be honest I felt the healing process very difficult. My advice, don't get home and start cleaning the house like you didn't just have major surgery! Never a good idea. Take all opportunities to relax and just bond with little baby, have your son come and snuggle you guys in bed, and just HEAL! :flower:

Oh yes, and welcome new people! We can all relate in one form or another here! Welcome welcome welcome!

And Guppy, no experience with soy. I took Vitex to help regulate my cycles and get myself ovulating (and it apparently also sways PINK!). Not sure about breastfeeding and taking it. I agree with CC, you should go to your local vitamin shop and have a chat. =)

I know loads of girls swear by soy. I remember lots of threads on the ttc boards about it. I think the tough part is figuring out which days to take it. Seems like it would be worth a try if you find out it's safe for you guppy. GL!

As far as ive read its fine while breastfeeding. My only concern is if it will dry out my supply or not since is phyotestrogenic (or whatever that word is :lol:) but so far its been fine. I am making sure i keep baby close though, just in case. But apparently very very little (if any) actually gets secreted in the milk and plus its only for 5 days, so its not like its a daily thing. Im also breastfeeding before i take, so by the time the baby feeds again its basically been processed in my body. The half life of soy is super super small. So i feel comfortable taking it as long as it doesn't damper my supply.

Im going to be surprised if this works, but it was recommended by pretty much all the ladies i know that are BFing and dont have cycles....hopefully it works! Im on day 2 now.

Guppy how old is LO?? I just got my 1st cycle back, my LO is 7 months, he has stopped b/f over night, does your LO sleep through???

Guppy how old is LO?? I just got my 1st cycle back, my LO is 7 months, he has stopped b/f over night, does your LO sleep through???

no he doesnt STTN yet.
I have tried going 6 hours without nursing him as ive read that usually works, but it never did work :nope:
I didn't get my cycles back with DS1 until a few weeks after i was done BFing him, so im pretty sure the same will hold true this time as well, which isn't uncommon.

heya everyone. I've never posted in here before but I get my scan on the 31st and i am REALLY REALLY REALLY wanting a girl. I already have an almost 3 year old son and would love one of each. Going to be super disapointed if its another boy although will still love them the same x

Welcome sethsmummy!! You're in the right place here! We're judgement free here, and we all know how you're feeling in one way or another.

I have two boys, and am pregnant with my third and last and hoping for a little girl too!

I hope you get your girl! =)

On another note... Because I'm extremely silly and impatient... I decided to do another little "gender test" lol. I did the drano test and got a GIRL result!

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/ChantayaR/DSC05353.jpg

I'm certain this is a girl result since I did this when I was about 4 weeks pregnant (hahaha) and got a SUPER DARK green swampy boy result. And made my husband do it and he got the same thing lol. So this time I got something different. (Which really likely just proves my diet was different). But I'll take it!

Oh yeah, and the reaction was WAY WAY WAY different. With the first one it bubbled and went crazy. This time there was barely a reaction.

hey ILoveYouZandT and thank you :D I hope you get your little princess too! I have already been "mentally" shopping! Found a lovely dress that if it is a girl i am going to buy straight after the scan!

You're doing better than me! I have shopped! Bought a little summer dress, with head band and diaper cover. Sooo cute! Little hats, light pink, dark pink and white. The light pink says "baby girl". A sleeper that will be the coming home outfit, and two onezies. As well as two boy onezies, we bought them when I was 5 weeks lol, the onezies that is.

Lol.. i have been soooo tempted but my o/h would kick my ass lol. I have been offered so many clothes as well but had to refuse them all as were not telling friends/family what gender baby is until s/he arrives x

OOOHHH i want to do the draino test :( i wish i would have thought of it when i sent my dh to the store i didn't even think about it.....

i think you just put draino crystals in a glass jar then pour a cup of pee on it and if it bubbles and fizzes and turns green it's a boy, if it stays close to the same color with little reaction its a girl??

i think you just put draino crystals in a glass jar then pour a cup of pee on it and if it bubbles and fizzes and turns green it's a boy, if it stays close to the same color with little reaction its a girl??

Yup. I know it well because I've seen both reactions! It turns VERY dark for a "boy result". And next to no change for a girl!

It's fun!!

And you absolutely need a glass jar, plastic will melt. You should have someone else mix it for you, don't mix it yourself. And do it OUTSIDE!!! A lot of fumes, and it smells SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.

lol i might have to run out to the store while i'm on break from work! i'll hold my breath when i do it

Lol I confess.. I did that one. Poured it in while holding my breath and ran in lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->