Gender Specific Hopefuls

yeah, we are very lucky.
our power went off and on a few times but in my little sub division we have underground wires, so i think thats why we didnt lose it for any extended period of time. In past hurricanes/snow storms we have though. Everyone around us lost power though. there are still thousands without power here. we were very lucky.

I'm happy to hear you and your family are safe Guppy! And I can't wait to hear the news when and if you find out your pregnant this cycle. =)!!

I want to complain. I have no where to complain. It's supposed to be Halloween, it's supposed to be a fun exciting day! My son was supposed to have a Halloween party at school, then we were picking him up and trick or treating at the malls, then door to door tonight.

He has had a little runny nose and cough lately but he's full of energy and totally normal. He got into his classroom this morning and immediately started moping around. I talked to him and he said his tummy hurt (was saying this at school the day before, when they said they would call me he said he wanted to stay and play). So I said if you have to come home today then no trick or treating for him because sick kids don't trick or treat.

Of course I get a phone call a couple hours later asking to pick him up. I had a theory he wanted to go home and play a video game he had borrowed from his cousin. I walked in and he said "mommy! yay I get to play my game!" while putting his coat on. All I could think was "I KNEW IT!". I tried to tell his teacher he is not telling the truth. I told him no that wasn't happening, I told him he was not doing anything but laying around in his pjs, that he is missing his Halloween party at school, and will likely not go trick or treating. His attitude quickly changes to him admitting he just wanted to go play the game. A huge argument ensues. He didn't want to go home anymore. He screamed and screamed. We tried to explain to his teacher what was going on but she wouldn't have him back.

So he's at home now.. I don't know what the hell to do. Do I actually keep him home and take his brother out trick or treating?! I feel so wrong doing that, but I feel wrong rewarding his behavior as well. I feel like this is a big deal that he lied in this manner... But how do you tell your son they don't get to do something that is one night, that you have been exciting them about alllll bloody month and then say nope, go to bed.

This is such an awful position and I don't know how to handle it. I've just been crying since getting home. We've had such a hard time with our son... He makes me so exhausted and challenges me so so bad. I need help and every attempt to seek help with him as been completely shot down and summed up to a "phase"...

EFFFF SAKKKKKKES!!!!! He just came over to me as I'm typing and started freaking out again asking for the fucking game!! Sorry about the language! I feel like he has completely ruined this day. As he does with every single family event we try to do. He ruins it with his horrible attitude!! Ugghhhhhhhhhh. I want to go to bed.

/End rant.

found out I am team :blue: today :D and i wasnt a bit dissapointed like i thought i would be!

I love you, I might seem cruel and cold hearted but I wouldn't let him go. It'll be a harsh lesson to learn but the fact he's asked for the game again and he purposely defied you like that in front of the teacher. Since you warned him this morning no game and then kicked off about it after being warned... Idk. My son is only 2 and we haven't got there *yet* with this behaviour so I can say all I want 'I'd do this' but in practice... We'll see :dohh: I'd like to think I'm not full of empty threats y'know?

Sethsmummy, congratulations on your little man. I'm really pleased you have positive feelings towards this!

Oh my goodness, what a day. I am so sorry. I have to say, I have a 7 year old and if he pulled a stunt like that, there is NO WAY he would be going trick or treating. He would be staying home with his dad. I also have a 4 year old, so yes, I would take the 4 year old out and tell the 7 year old the EXACT reason he is not going and his brother does NOT have to share his candy either. That is deliberate defiance and needs to be corrected immediately. I know it seems harsh but you must do something now because it will only get worse as he gets older. Also, if he has younger siblings, they will pick up on that behavior and think is ok and mom's a push over. Trust me, I have a terribly hard time with this too.

Congratulations sethsmummy! Welcome to team double blue! LOL. They will be the best little buddies, I swear!

Thank you ladies. So we ended up going trick or treating after such a horrible day and we all finally had a really good time. We went for a long long time, the boys were happy, we were finally happy, we were all laughing and having a great time even though it was rather wet. I think we all REALLY needed this good time together, so I'm really glad we did go.

SO! We got home and Izaiah had to use the washroom, and ended up taking a HUGE, seriously, HOLY HUGE #2 (sorry to be crude). I had mentioned several times to my husband that if there was any actual problem, if was because he had to poop. Sure enough he did. I knew he hadn't gone in a few days and had been very gassy. After he went he said his back and tummy felt much better as well as "That's probably why I said I was sick!", so I guess he didn't truly understand. =( Sometimes I wish he could communicate better. I really hope the speech therapy and support from school gets approved!

Thank you ladies for your advice though! I appreciate it!

congrats sethsmommy!! i agree i love how close they are with eachother. It's absolutely adorable :) I love glad you hear you guys had a great time last night, and sorry he was being such a pill. I would say that i would sit down and have a talk with him about not feeling great and being sick. You'll have to be firm with him or he'll think he can walk all over you and his siblings with think they can as well! Hope he starts getting better for you!

After talking to his teacher about the troubles we've had over the years and not being taken seriously she said we should try talking with their school counselor who could help us and give us suggestions and point us in the right directions. So I think that's what we'll do!

Things definitely are getting better as he gets older and his speech is slowly getting better. But we could still use some help.

Thank you. =)

glad you and the teacher are getting on the same page i love! it's so much easier when everyone is working together.

Absolutely agreed!

I had a midwife appointment today. It took her a bit to find baby's heartbeat and I'll admit I started to panic a little, but alas! It was found. It was in the 150's this time. =)

hello ladies, scan today!! put me forward a week, here is my little bubba :happydance:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 7
WTT due to my OH's situation. Having dreams of a DD the first time, but I'll love the child regardless of gender :flower:

Very cute nearlythere! I'm jealous of you ladies who had earlier scans when your baby didn't just look like a blob lol!

hello ladies, scan today!! put me forward a week, here is my little bubba :happydance:

haha Em I didn't know you were in this section too!

its sooooooo a girl.

Ermmmmmm do i know you??? ;-p x

Funny you should say that.. lol... I saw your introduction post in here and it totally didn't click. It wasn't until I saw the baby scan earlier that I realised who you were. My memory for usernames is rubbish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->