Gender Specific Hopefuls

Girl names are so hard for us too! Guess it has something to do with the fact that ive only had boys lol. I have a few girl names i like, but not anything i LOVE. I have quite a few boy names i LOVE though.....i really hope that doesnt mean my last is a boy. Both pregnancys the girl names were hard and the boy name was so easy....but maybe now its that way just bc im exoecting a boy when it actually happens. :dohh: i want something that isnt common but not crazy, however, the ones i like are popular :dohh: some girl names i like are Lily, Mercedes (nn Sadie), Eva, Lena, Elyse, Natalie. Id really want a super girly, feminine name.
Boys we like Ezra, Roman, River, Phoenix, Linus, and Sullivan (nn Sully)

Every time I find a name I like, someone I know already has a daughter with it or it's tainted somehow and I don't want to use it lol!!

I really liked Addison but my husband's brother (who we don't even see as they don't live here, and I've never met) used it and it would be to weird to use it.

I like Zoe, but a friend has a daughter name Zoe. Urrrghh.

I like Ava, and I honestly don't even know the reason why that one isn't being totally considered. Perhaps because it's a popular name these days?

Lily is another, and that's what my older son really wants but he has a speech delay and says "Wiwy" =( Lol. I don't know how long it's going to take him to say it properly so I don't want to end up naming her that and he always has trouble with it.

It's soooo hard. I had a lot of boys names that I had thrown around but hadn't put much thought into. I'm pretty sure naming a boy would have been easier though. Gr!

Thank you, Sass, we love it, it's very pretty.

You'll soon come up with girls names, what I found is, I wanted a girl SO bad that she had to have the perfect name too...
xoxox

^DH suggested that theory to me. He said I probably just want THE PERFECT name for a girl bc of how bad i want one that anything less than perfect (in my eyes) was unacceptable...i think he's right :blush:

Yup, I totally agree. He picked the boys name and I was like "Yeah, whatever". Lily is just do girly and pretty.
xoxox

That's how I feel about Lily and Ava, I think they're becoming very popular and everything.. But they're two of the girliest names I can think of that I actually like. And I am pretty set on Sienna Leanne as the middle names.

Lily Sienna Leanne
Ava Sienna Leanne

I just don't know. I definitely agree, I just want it to be perfect. And after naming two boys I want something really girly! I'm glad I have time.

Lily is def my top name ATM. It is popular here though. Like in the top 10 (USA). So it kind of puts me off on using it, but i just love it so much and i have seen MANY names...none are as girlie as that one. Its just so sweet and innocent.

It's on the top 10 here as well I'm prettttttty sure. Which definitely makes me waver in consideration. There are just so many names.

HAve you considered Liliana or Lillian, and Lily for short? It was on my short list with my girls, and I LOVE it. :D

I'm having the same struggle with boy's names. I've only ever thought of girls! Now I am back to square one, with NO ideas...lol. I like Liam, but it's becoming way too popular, so I don't know what to do. DH likes "manly-man" names, like George and Frank, but I'm not too keen. I like Quinn, but he says no, lol. We're so stuck!

I find the website "behind the name" to be an invaluable one. Probably the best baby naming site ive been on.

https://www.behindthename.com/

I actually dont like the other forms of Lily. Just lily. :blush:

Beautiful name becca! <3

I liked the name Lilia but DS1 has a playmate who he sees all the time and she's called lily so it would be Lily and Lilia which would be too complicated. Nearly all my friends have at least one girl so that narrowed it down a lot! I know a few Lily's, one Eva, one Ava, couple of Ellie's and one Ella, and an Alice.

Other names I liked were Imogen, Isla, Brooke, Maisie... Sure there were more but I can't remember. I know I'll never ever have a daughter now because of the complications a future pregnancy may have. I mean it *could* be smooth sailing, but it could be horrific. I never ever want to experience a c-section ever again.

I think I was meant to have the two sons I have and i don't look at Lucas and resent him at all; in fact the moments I was on a table it's like I knew he was a boy and hoped he would be! They had his head out and I asked if it was a boy :rofl:

Thank you Pink, we do love it. As does everyone else, except my mum's mum, but she's a nightmare.
xoxox

One of my twins is a Liliah Skye. I love Lily and similar names. So pure, so perfect. :flower:

My niece and neighbors baby are both lily, so it could never be an option for us. I like violet, zoey, vivianna, Annabella, arianna, Simone, sloane, lorraine etc but DH says they are all just to fancy. Our two girls names are unisex, so they will be for girls or boys. Dylan and Sidney. We just agreed that Jane will be dylan's middle name if we get a girl.

AGH! I'm a mess with names. Here are some of mine:

--Isabella
--Lily
--Abigail
--Abby
--Madison
--Diana
--Jennifer
--Jennie
--Taylor

SOMEONE HELP ME! I don't love any one girls name:cry:

Now I'm the total opposite! I've been waiting soooo long for my boy that I've had his name chosen for the last 11 years!! Finally getting the chance to use it :happydance:
Just as well as I was running out of girls names (although I had a gorgeous name for this one if it was girl no 5)

Sass, I love Violet! Love love love!

And Jelly, I wanted Madison, but OH didn't like it :(

I feel huge right now, just took a bump photo and it's just massive :p
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe