Gender Specific Hopefuls

:haha: fair enough!. Yes don't think there is a nub showing, just a foot. Hopefully on the next scan we can look for you :)

Nub isn't accurate until 12 weeks, so even if people are seeing a foot or a nub it's irrelevant at this point bc both look like male nubs prior to 12 weeks. But yes, as far as i can tell i only see a foot anyways. I would say girl based on skull theory though.

That's such a cute ultrasound picture hotbump!!

I have one to share too. 37 week chubby face shot lol.

536309_10151524193189839_1865723466_n.jpg

Also confirmed yet again she is DEFINITELY a she! No surprises to be had at birth lol. Got a picture too!

Hope I can join you in team pink ^^

I never knew about the nub theory until ppl started to mention it when they saw my scan but I knew its foot no doubt about that. What is the skull theory? Gosh there so many theories lol

Skull theory is more fun than anything that is accurate...basically it's based on the shape of the head. In a boy they claim the forehead area near the eyebrow looks like a caveman type look. That one is more in good fun than anything accurate. Nub isn't always accurate, especially if the baby isn't hanging the right way, it can change how the nub is tilted. With that said if you have a good ultrasound tech, the baby is the proper position, and you know nub theory well and its after 12 weeks, it can actually be pretty accurate (but there is always room for errors!)

Also confirmed yet again she is DEFINITELY a she! No surprises to be had at birth lol. Got a picture too!

So cutee! Thats a great pic!
Did she flip for ya?

PS glad to hear she is still a she! :lol:

I'm expecting my first baby due Aug 17th! I'm secretly really hoping for a girl but through this whole pregnancy I have felt that it is a boy. In fact I convinced my partner that its a boy and have been looking at only boy names. I think this is partly due to trying to prepare myself for some disappointment and it has helped. I imagine myself with a gorgeous little boy and how cute he will be.

So I finally had my anatomy scan this week but the dr was unable to determine gender because lo's legs were closed and facing away. However, he said if I had to take a guess I'd say its possibly a girl! Immediately my face lit up and I felt excitement rushing through me. Later my fiance asked me if I was more excited about having a girl because it looked like I was. I just said I hadn't considered that possibility and I was just excited either way.

I'm really disappointed that we didn't find out the gender for sure and I'm kind of worried now because I don't want to build my hopes up for nothing. So I decided to get a gender scan done at a 3D/4D ultrasound center. My appointment is next week. They have 100% gender accuracy (guarantee or money back) between weeks 15-25 so my fingers are crossed that I will get my answer. I will update you all on the results. :flower:

I'm expecting my first baby due Aug 17th! I'm secretly really hoping for a girl but through this whole pregnancy I have felt that it is a boy. In fact I convinced my partner that its a boy and have been looking at only boy names. I think this is partly due to trying to prepare myself for some disappointment and it has helped. I imagine myself with a gorgeous little boy and how cute he will be.

So I finally had my anatomy scan this week but the dr was unable to determine gender because lo's legs were closed and facing away. However, he said if I had to take a guess I'd say its possibly a girl! Immediately my face lit up and I felt excitement rushing through me. Later my fiance asked me if I was more excited about having a girl because it looked like I was. I just said I hadn't considered that possibility and I was just excited either way.

I'm really disappointed that we didn't find out the gender for sure and I'm kind of worried now because I don't want to build my hopes up for nothing. So I decided to get a gender scan done at a 3D/4D ultrasound center. My appointment is next week. They have 100% gender accuracy (guarantee or money back) between weeks 15-25 so my fingers are crossed that I will get my answer. I will update you all on the results. :flower:

Welcome! I hope you hear :pink: at your upcoming scan!
Apparently girls are notorious for hiding their goods, so maybe that's why he thought that? That obviously isn't true for every baby, but so far it's held true for me. My two boys loved to show off their hotdog :haha: my girl gave us issues at the private u/s and the tech almost couldn't figure out the sex bc she had her legs closed!

Welcome! I hope you hear :pink: at your upcoming scan!
Apparently girls are notorious for hiding their goods, so maybe that's why he thought that? That obviously isn't true for every baby, but so far it's held true for me. My two boys loved to show off their hotdog :haha: my girl gave us issues at the private u/s and the tech almost couldn't figure out the sex bc she had her legs closed!

If only girls would stay that modest when they become teens lol :D

So cutee! Thats a great pic!
Did she flip for ya?

PS glad to hear she is still a she! :lol:

Yes!! Head down, thank heavens!

Excellent news, glad she decided to co-operate LOL

I told my boys this morning about the baby. I was going to last night but 2 of them ended up being in such bad moods its just wasn't the lovely atmosphere I pictured telling them in.
The older 2 were so excited and got huge grins on their faces, and the middle one said he wants it to be a boy! (Up until now everyone has been fed up with brothers and wanted a sister, so at least someone will be pleased if its a boy)
My youngest just thinks its really funny that I have a baby in my belly and that the baby will be green like in Shrek. We asked them about name ideas and my youngest suggested RabbitFace :/

:lol: thats kind of cute about the youngest. My friend asked her little boy what they should name their baby girl. He said "macaroni"...she is almost 3 and they still call her that as a nn :haha:

Thats sweet to hear that your boys are excited. And how lovely is that that one wants another brother :cloud9: im sure that will def help you cope with GD should you have another boy...but im keeping everything crossed you get your little girl!

Thanks, yeah it will probably help knowing he will be happy with a brother.
We are at the in laws tomorrow, going to let the boys tell them. Once they know I will message my mum on Facebook. We are not close, didn't speak for 5 years and only got back in touch 4 years ago next month and she lives miles away now, visits every 6 months. More like an old friend. So I don't feel that I need to make a big deal telling her but she should know before everyone else.
Then text or message the few close friends who have priority. And then it can become public knowledge. I knew I'm only 11 weeks but I'm not making a huge Facebook announcement, I'll just stop censoring the things I do write, so by the time I've told everyone then people who I haven't told figure it out I'll be around the 12 week mark anyway.

Sorry for rambling, I'm excited to finally be telling people. I think this in itself is helping me be more excited whether it's a boy or girl. I even feel more pregnant now the boys know. I don't normally keep it a secret so 11 weeks is fab for me

Sorry for rambling, I'm excited to finally be telling people. I think this in itself is helping me be more excited whether it's a boy or girl. I even feel more pregnant now the boys know. I don't normally keep it a secret so 11 weeks is fab for me

Congrats! Its definitely hard to keep such a secret for so long. :flower:

Well today I officially found out that I'm having a GIRL....woo hoo!!! :happydance:

Attachments

• Baby1.jpg
    Baby1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 3
Just checked back, it's great to see everyone getting the girls they've dreamed of.

Kinda sad i feel like the only one without a daughter though :dohh: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"