Gender Specific Hopefuls

I found out this morning that I'm expecting another little girl. I've decided I'm OK with it, but it did feel like I was almost mourning the loss of the boy I could have had as well as being so happy to be carrying a healthy baby girl. I hold onto the hope that our financial situation, etc will improve over the next few years so this won't be my last pregnancy! The idea of not being able to try again quickly after having this baby is harder to fathom with them being a girl!

Beca :wave:

Congrats on another sweet girl <3
So sorry you didn't hear boy :hugs: i know that is heartbreak, but you have such a great outlook and thats fab that you have intentions of trying again. I hope you get your boy next time but in the meantime im so happy to hear you have a healthy baby on board :cloud9:

Estelseren congrats in your girl. Hope you get to try for your boy at a later date!

Has anybody seen geordiemammy?

I'm here lol I'm loaded with cold still totally knackered all the time and sickness is still ongoing so bad that im getting woke up at 5:30am to throw up!! I'm waiting for this boost of energy that they say you get but so far I'm not feeling it :( got a Doppler last week and herd baby's hb a few times its between 150-156 so pleased I can check in on him/her when it will keep still lol

Eee motherofboys not long til you find out its Tuesday isn't it???

I have a cervical scan on Tuesday and gender one on the 10th I don't know if I'm excited or nervous xx

Really excited for everyone waiting for their gender scans :happydance:

Hope you are feeling better soon gerogiemammy x

Glad to here your OK(ish) I've just started coming down with something I think. I'm all mucusy and can't clear my throat and when I cough my chest hurts.
Sorry to hear your sickness is still so strong. Mine was easing off and has now kicked back in and I've not go any energy yet. I'm ready to sleep again already and haven't even been up 3 hours LOL
Yep my scan is tuesday! Eek so nervous and scared. Feel like I'm on a roller-coaster with the girl/boy feelings and whether I'll be ok with a boy or not. I want to know now but am scared because if/when they say boy thats the dream over with!
I'm looking forward to hearing what your having too. Good Luck at your scan.

Glad to here your OK(ish) I've just started coming down with something I think. I'm all mucusy and can't clear my throat and when I cough my chest hurts.
Sorry to hear your sickness is still so strong. Mine was easing off and has now kicked back in and I've not go any energy yet. I'm ready to sleep again already and haven't even been up 3 hours LOL
Yep my scan is tuesday! Eek so nervous and scared. Feel like I'm on a roller-coaster with the girl/boy feelings and whether I'll be ok with a boy or not. I want to know now but am scared because if/when they say boy thats the dream over with!
I'm looking forward to hearing what your having too. Good Luck at your scan.

I'm sure you will be fine boy or girl I'm convincing myself mine is a boy so I'm not too disappointed if they say boy it's nerve racking waiting I just need to know so I can start buying asda has all the baby stuff on offer at the minute and I want the pink bottles if its a girl and the blue if its a boy and they have £15 off six tommee tippee bottles which is a bargin lol I know what you mean about nerves and being scared I'm a mix of them and excitement!!

The day after my scan I'm meeting the in laws for the first time been with oh 2 years but never met his parents yet I'm hoping I'm not to disappointed after the scan cause that might effect the mood when I meet them and don't want them thinking I'm a misery haha xx

I was in asda yesterday and DH was like "oo look baby stuff" and I wouldn't even look. I can't cos he tries to encourage me to look at girl stuff.

Good luck meeting the in laws!

I was in asda yesterday and DH was like "oo look baby stuff" and I wouldn't even look. I can't cos he tries to encourage me to look at girl stuff.

Good luck meeting the in laws!

My oh is the same he said he was just going to buy the pink ones and I was like I would of killed you if you had of and when we are in shops I go straight to boys stuff and he is picking girls stuff up going arr how cute to which I reply what's the point I know it's bloody cute but ill probably never get to buy it so stop its like teasing you I don't think they really understand what it's like maybe If you had all girls he would get it my oh just wants a girl cause he knows it would complete the family it's his first so I'm pretty sure he won't be bothered either way x

Mine uses the girls name we have had picked out for 8 years to talk about the baby and I want to strangle him. Last night he was all 'she this and she that' and I just said its not going to be a girl. I told him last week how much I wanted this one to be a girl and how bad I felt for even caring and he didn't have anything to say about it, but still goes on about a girl.

Mine uses the girls name we have had picked out for 8 years to talk about the baby and I want to strangle him. Last night he was all 'she this and she that' and I just said its not going to be a girl. I told him last week how much I wanted this one to be a girl and how bad I felt for even caring and he didn't have anything to say about it, but still goes on about a girl.

I really don't think they get it I refer to baby as him but everyone else ie friends oh refer to it as her/she which is difficult I have a list of people to text when we know I may as well do a template for its a boy though I know this sounds stupid but I makes me feel like I have done something wrong and I'm not allowed to have a girl at my cervical scan on Tuesday I'm going to ask if they have any idea about the sex as will be 15+5 and I'm going to hope I don't need a stitch down there cause that's just more worry x

I know what you mean, I do feel like perhaps I did something wrong, or theres something in me that would mean I would just be an awful girl Mum and am only allowed boys.
And its everybodies favourite subject of course. I know people like to guess anyway but if you have all one gender then it becomes the focus of every conversation. I'm fed up with saying that I really don't mind and that I know I will only have boys and I'm fine with that, I've always prefered boys blah blah blah

One of my friends has 2 boys and she keeps saying boys are better man but with this one she keeps going on about a girl the first thing people say to me is are you finding out?? My reply of course I am cause couldn't go the full 9 months with people guessing then getting my hopes up and it being a boy my man thinks I should wait but I couldn't like I said in a previous post we couldn't find out with the second and everyone had me thinking its a girl and it was a boy and although I wasn't to bothered as it was only my second I think if he had of been a girl I would of stopped at 2 but then I wouldn't of had John and jake and they are great I really didn't expect to have another one now but I told my oh I would have one and one only as he doesn't have any and it's been hell getting there after losing the 4 then all the problems with cervix and blood clotting I hate having to inject myself daily and have the extra stress of everything as well as the super tiredness (which I have never had before) and the extra sickness again never had it before but will all be worth it x

What makes you say that lol I'm not sure if because its a different dad that's why I'm worse with this one x

This one has been so different for me too but I'm sure its my body tricking me rather than a sign its a girl.

Yes I really think girl too, your scan showed such a girlie looking nub Geordiemammy.

Well only 5 days to find out just plan plenty of stuff to do over the bank holiday weekend to take your mind off it so it doesn't drag I can't wait until you find out I really hope it's pink xx

My BIL is talking about having a BBQ if the weather is nice Saturday so fingers crossed that goes ahead.
Sunday if its nice we will probably take the boys to the playing field, DS2 wants a new bike but I want him to practice a bit more on DS1s old bike before I pay out for a new one for him. So possibly get the bikes out if DS3s new inner tube has arrived by then LOL and take a foot ball up and I'll just sit on the grass and watch them HAHA
Monday DH is working so he won't have to go in Tuesday, and by then I'll be one day away!

The thing is I know all pregnancies are different, but when you have had several similar pregnancies and all the same gender it does make you wonder when you have a very different pregnancy.

What time is your scan Friday? Mines at 11am. I'll be checking back to see how you got on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->