• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

House hunting sucks lol. We'd have to get rid of three of our pets, and I am not down for that. So we may just wait. I'm hoping in the next couple of years a developer will try to buy out the duplex we live in (owned by my parents), and they would help us out with a down payment so we can get into a single family home instead of a townhouse. But we'll see.

J, those are some solid lines!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Thx Dobby:hugs:
I gotta make it past a week and much darker lines before I even begin to stop wondering if things will pan out better than last go round.
:hugs:
I LOVE the hunt part of house hunting. When I was looking for something for mom I searched legit like 16 hrs a day for weeeeeks lol.
She was impossible. Everytime I found something meeting her long list of must haves, she found the most miniscule things to put her nose up at :growlmad: lol
Even my realtor was impressed I found so many matches for her list.
I LOVE the hunting part online. My realtor has been begging me to work for her, because she says I am her easiest client.
By the time she gets the first call from me, I give her 3-4 must sees, and tell her their mls #, when built, stats, land size and zoning, when last sold and for how much, how many days on market, if there is a cdd, hoa, which school zone and have already driven by the neighborhood- THEN she gets the call lol.
I see no need to waste her time or mine. I'm usually 90% sure something is worth an offer when I talk to her.
On the other side I HATE the closing process...underwriters are the devil!
They have nothing better to do it seems than see what hoops they can make you jump thru just when you think everything is a done deal:rofl:

J! Those are great lines on a shitty test lol. Try not to stress.

Awww my mom is the opposite. She is very, "you have to look past what you see and visualize what it could be!" I almost died because the last townhouse had my dream bathroom: update, cherry cabinets with tons of storage, his and hers sinks, a giant mirror, a GORGEOUS marbled shower and tub that SO and I would have lots of fun in hehehe. My mom was kept saying that for some of the prices I saw I could easily put in a bathroom like that since most of the houses I looked at were about 50k under budget. But it's in a city SO doesn't want to move to. We're spoiled. He's 5 minutes from work right now and I am 15-20. I love going to open houses, but I hate the research and going on a thousand real estate sites. My stepdad is going to be our buyer's agent so we can get his commission back, but the downside is he is a practicing attorney so he's not going to do the groundwork for me. I just want a house because I feel like it would help convince SO to have a baby hahaha. I actually just wanted to go to one open house since it was it was 5 minutes away from where we were, but my mom insisted we go to more so we went to as many as we could haha

The problem is that we can only afford town homes, and they have pet restrictions. The only single family homes we can afford are in really crime filled areas of San Jose.

Those are great lines! Hope they get even darker as i know they will!!! Yay! Totally understand about the waiting thing now....i know next time i'll have to be far along before i relax about the pregnancy (the first time around was rough). So frustrating!

Dobby, i hope your SO comes around, like, now. But on the other hand, you don't want him to have a baby before he's ready as that experience will be totally tainted (take it from someone who's been there).

I kind of want an August baby....so that means we can't start ttc until late november/december. If it happens earlier that'd be fine, but it's not my preference...i think we'll be preventing this month but it's fair game in October (in my eyes--we'll see what he says).

Dobby have you checked into lease to own?
That's how I went from my first place - a townhouse - to our first home.
Signed contract to lease up to 2 yrs before we had to secure a loan of our own. We actually did it in a year, but was nice as it locked in the purchase price even if market went up.
Also depending on wording some of each monthly payment can go toward principle etc. House we got was like new- 6 months old- military family, got unexpected orders to leave the state.
She tried to come back and wanted her house back, but legally she was stuck, and we weren't giving it up lol.

Haha he needs to get over it. Everybody wants a baby lol ;)

Ugh tomorrow is back to school night. I don't want to think about anything. SO is stressed. Idk what his mom did but he came back super stick up his butt.

I love the new thread name

Naughty girls {finger wag} you found a way to continue the Pull Out thread :rofl:
I love you all!

Love you, too!!! Don't disappear on me now that you got your bfp. I will stalk you done lol

I had a thread go on for 4 cycles/ 3 months. Sigh ovulating 5/20. It's ballots dead. Everyone came and got pregnant and came and got pregnant except a few of us. :(

Hi ladies, I have been lurking a few days and thought I better at least say hi. Your "pull out" thread caught my eye. My partner and I have been on that method for some time now but didn't this time on a very lucky timing. (My fault on purpose) I am absolutely 100% desperate for a BFP this time. When I get my two lines I will share the rest of my crazy impossible story. :)

Good luck to you! If he didn't pull out during your fertile period you have a shot. :)

Sorry for the typos in my previous post. My phone is dumb.

Im on cd3 and bored haha!! I hate this bit of ttc right back at the beginning uhhhh! Honestly if i had tests in the house i would still pee for fun lol!

Vanya, welcome! I'm so interested in this story now...you can't just say that and leave us hanging!

Hi clairey! I peed on a test cd 10 or so...'cause, you know, i HAD to know what it looked like negative for a basis of comparison. Science!

Dobby, how many pets do you have?

J, you need more tests. Like now.

Vanya, welcome! I'm so interested in this story now...you can't just say that and leave us hanging!

Hi clairey! I peed on a test cd 10 or so...'cause, you know, i HAD to know what it looked like negative for a basis of comparison. Science!

Dobby, how many pets do you have?

J, you need more tests. Like now.

Hahaa! Yup especially if your period had finished earlier than usual or it was lighter than normal.. Any excuse is a good one hehee

Yup. And actually i'm in a spot now where i'm debating on the test thing because my period was way short....usually i bleed/spot for 10-11 days. My period was over completely in 5. It has never done that ever. I'm thinking my chemical this month changed things up....but i'm still wondering if it'll start up again.

I had a chemical the cycle before i fell with my son, mage long cycle & bled for whst seemed ages, the hormones def throw it all out, sorry for your loss hun

For cd3 my period is now practically finished aswell... Maybe il have a short cycle again this month :)

CD5 here and it looks like DH and I will be traveling right around O time. We are house hunting approx 1000 miles away from here, staying with my parents during the hunt.... it'll be fun!!

Thanks CB, it was definitely an experience full of mixed emotions.

PL, where are you house hunting? That's quite a distance!

We are moving from Alberta back to Vancouver Island(British Columbia) after 4 years here for work it's time to go home!

Very exciting! I love Canada, though I've only visited east side cites (Quebec, Toronto, Montreal). Moving BEFORE baby is definitely a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->