General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Eeee fx, cb! Hope he lets it fly :haha:

Actually they still use animal cells of some sort on pee sticks...goat and mice i think?

I'm on a Facebook group for 2017 babies and mentioned my concern of 2 back to back. One woman has said she did it and if she did it again would have waited until the second was in preschool :/ granted her third pregnancy was with twins...

Still I'm totally second guessing myself now ;_;

My grandmother’s first three were back to back. They are literally one year difference. She said it’s not as hard as people make it out to be. She was a stay at home mom, and this was back in the era where dad did nothing so aside from finances she was basically on her own. She’d do it again. With a different guy :rofl:

LOL dobs

Gigs u can totally do 2 back to back, everyones diff & where they be very little together, they’d play & entertain each other! :)

all that’s interesting re horse pee. Wonder if there were struck rules about care of the horse or how they got it

Fern second everyone else sorry for the bfn and gl with hubs whatever you have decided

Cb sounds like another swimmer can make it up there one of these days so fxed

As for us still sick but he is eating now. No diarrhea so i’m Hoping to put solids back in tomorrow. I think his face is adorable

Well if i ov in next day or so its def possible omg i would find that hilarious if i got pg this cycle lol

Ah so glad your lil dude is feeling a bit better Dobby. I bet hes such a lil cutey <3

Nualas selfie haha!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1027211&stc=1&d=1519396382

Attachments

• E8DDD365-521F-4111-B8EF-8576D3766052.jpg
    E8DDD365-521F-4111-B8EF-8576D3766052.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
Ahhhh so cute! What a little cabbage patch doll! Does Riley have red hair, too?

Aww yay Dobs glad A is on the mend <3

Thanks for the bit about your grandma. Mine had 7 all pretty close...i know it's been done i'm just terrified of the early days! But honestly the early days are hard regardless. Also my FIL&MIL are buying a house close by so i'm sure they'll lend a hand if they're able. My mom also will; she basically stayed the first month of Lev's life so i'm sure if she can she'll help again.

Still sick hete myself but on the mend I think. Fx it ends soon...all i can do laying here is look around and see/think about all the stuff that needs to be done around here!

I’m gonna try to start posting more often so i can feel like I’m contributing instead of stalking- haha

Like I said before all my sister in laws are pregnant right now and the one due in Aug just announced she’s having a girl. Which is good cause she has 2 boys. She wanted another boy but i was hoping it was a girl cause I’m a salty bitch like that- lol anyway i don’t really like her name. She’s basically named after a shade of blue that starts with an N but it’s spelled differently. Unless I’m pronouncing it wrong.

Anyway I’m finally in the 160s for weight. Granted it’s 169 but still! I think I may have ovulated last night. My temp shot up from 97.02 up to 97.55 and i had some EWCM and it seems to be drying up. We did get some BD in last night and I may try to tonight too just in case. I really don’t expect much to happen but you never know. I only had like 2 days of the slippery stuff so hopefully my body is trying to get back on track with this weight loss etc. i haven’t been using Fertility Friend cause I’m using Kindara and it’s more user friendly but i can go in and add all my stuff to FF later. If I get time i will.

Anyway enough about me

gigs- back to back kiddos scares the bejesus outta me. But I’m sure you can handle it! Twins would be a handful. On my maternal side we have a strong history of twins. My mom actually miscarried a set between me and my sister. So the twin game is strong over here. And throw in that my Mil had a vision several years ago and said all 3 of us would be preggo around the same time and 1 would have a girl another a boy and then the 3rd would have a set of boy/girl twins... well 2 of those 3 things have happened! Omg

Oops I’m talking about me again haha.

Ummm i forget what else i needed to comment on. I will try to post more frequently. Happy Friday!

I like when you contribute Tex! And lol at salty bitch! I'm hoping the same for my SIL, not because i'm salty but because i want a boy and to dote on her girl...then send here home when she's being a brat :haha: sounds like good fertility signs! Hopefully you catch the egg this month but a nice consultation prize is the weight loss...when was the last time you saw the 160's? Hmmm about the name...maybe it's "nah-vee"? Unless i'm not doing a good job decoding :-k

Lol i think it’s being pronounced navy. But i could be wrong. I haven’t seen the 160s since before I was pregnant with Tabs. I was 160 when i conceived her. So yes even if i don’t get preggo i am lovin’ the weight loss and so does my hubs! Haha although he’s telling me i need to do squats so i don’t lose my butt- he’s deathly afraid of that part!

Sounds like my hubby! He's definitely an ass man, which is good because my rack leaves much to be desired!

Remind me where your weight loss started? Or better yet get yourself a ticker!

I actually saw 159 this morning but it's due to being sick :/ I'm wondering where i'll end up when things with my body settle down.

Gigs, I can tell you what my parents said to me about ages of kids. They purposely spaced us out by 6 years so we wouldn't fight. We still fought like cats and dogs. They said if they knew the spacing wouldn't help much, they would have popped up out like popcorn back to back to have it over with and allow more ability to to bond.
I personally think 12-24 months apart is best for age gaps but people should just do what works best for them and their family.

I started at around 185. So not too shabby but i want to get in the 150s or lower for sure.

For age gaps, I like the idea of as soon as baby one is potty trained, time to pop out the next. I wouldn&#8217;t want two kids in diapers. Some kids potty train earlier than others, though. My mom waited to potty train my sister and I until we were 3. Other kids are emotionally/mentally ready to potty train at 2, I&#8217;ve heard of as early as 18 months I think. But I wouldn&#8217;t potty train my kid before 2. I&#8217;d prefer to wait and ensure they&#8217;re ready and their body is ready. If that means I wait until they&#8217;re 3, I&#8217;ll do that. I like the idea of a 2-3 year age gap, because they understand what a baby is better than a 1 year old would. Idk. That&#8217;s just my 2 cents. I like 2-3 years.

I&#8217;ve been so absolutely exhausted lately. It&#8217;s like I can&#8217;t get up in the morning. I called out of work today because I&#8217;m bombarded with school work due tonight and I just have to get it done. One of the assignments is a paper which I haven&#8217;t started writing, only researching.

I hope you guys didn&#8217;t have to see that awful spam message before it got deleted by the admins. I don&#8217;t understand how someone could spam pages with scams like that, it must take such a lack of dignity and respect. Ugh.

Oh i saw it- i just didn’t respond to it. I figured the admins would get it taken off ASAP

I didn't see the spam.

The problem with a 2-3 age gap is jealousy. I'm sure it'll be there regardless but that's dangerous territory...old enough to be super jealous but not so old that they can deal and go off and do their own thing. At least statistically 3+ year difference is when the jealousy/sibling rivalry wares off. But I am sure I'll be dealing with it, but many a mother before me have. I just hope Lev gets adjusted quickly. I do feel bad thinking I'm squandering my "him and me" time away...but i hope a sibling will be worth the trade <3

Re: potty training, i tried des at 2.5 years and it was useless. Tried again a little after 3 and he rocked it, peed in the potty after just a couple days. Pooping in the potty was/is another struggle...we still have off days unfortunately but by and far he is good :thumbup:

Hubs has now started with the shits....please pllllease don't let the kids get this! Lev is doing much better but now i think what i have is a different illness all together...aaaaggghhhh

Hope i'm better tomorrow in case hubby is worse

My siblings and I are all 4 years apart. We got jealous but that was due to my baby brother being the “chosen one” growing up. But now that my dad is dead and everyone is grown I am my mother’s favorite cause I am the only one who comes and helps when she needs it. Example: cooking thanksgiving dinner for everyone when mom had shingles and she physically couldn’t do it. Plus i came and made her freezer meals to eat so she didn’t have to cook. Or helping her do whatever task she needs done. Hubs is good about doing stuff for her too. We are the “dependable ones”

Funny how that happens and favorites can be obvious! My mom's always done a good job of making us feel equally loved but the oldest was (is?) very obviously my dad's favorite.

Now my oldest bro and i are successful in my parents eyes in different ways i think...i'm like you tex, the one who comes and helps with family matters but because i'm in close proximity. Oldest bro is across the country but very successful (lawyer, and well paid, married to a PA); i have a different type of success (somewhat known artist where i am, house, kids). Middle bro is incarcerated so he lost the competition :haha: gotta laugh not to cry sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->